2022 Winter Olympics: Beijing | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Winter Olympics: Beijing

What a sad state of affairs when the officials entrusted to ensure the competitions in their sports are conducted fairly choose to ignore the rules.

Was hoping this was only a problem with the people that run the NCAA organization.

What a sad state of affairs when the officials entrusted to ensure the competitions in their sports are conducted fairly choose to ignore the rules.

Was hoping this was only a problem with the people that run the NCAA organization.
In the event that this girl didn't do anything intentionally, I would feel terrible for her. She is unbelievably good.

In the event that this girl didn't do anything intentionally, I would feel terrible for her. She is unbelievably good.
If she really didn't, I do too.

I haven't followed the story closely but I thought her last explanation was that she must have taken her grandfather's heart medication by mistake.

It is hard for me to give her the benefit of the doubt here if that is true.

World class athletes about to start Olympic competitions don't fumble and carelessly taking pills from random bottles. Especially ones that just happen to give them major benefits over their competitors, so much so that they are on banned drug lists.

When fellow skaters, normally really sympathetic to athletes in their sports, are so disgusted they can't even speak about a competitor, that says a lot to me.

But again, I am not following this closely. I got turned off by many Olympic events decades ago with all the scandals and politics regarding judging and score manipulations. This just makes me less likely than ever to watch the sports decided by judge scores.

There’s no telling what her coaches / handlers made her take, and she’s not about to cross the company line and speak out.

Russia was “banned” from Olympic competition because of a state sponsored doping scandal. She’s Russian. She got caught with a banned substance.

Draw your own conclusions.

Russia is banned but the ROC had the largest contingent in Russian history I think. IOC is the only organization in the world that makes the NCAA look like a straight shooter.

Even Lapinski and Johnny Weird say shes the greatest skater they have ever seen. Its a shame.

To Tomcats point, the politics of it all is over the top. Every story, every video piece, every "in-studio" moment. Politics, oppression, tragedy, tears. How about sports? The one time every four years where sports can bring the entire world together as one. It's not that simple anymore.

Well , good job whoever decided to let her skate .. ruined it for everyone and she’s probably damaged for life ..

Well , good job whoever decided to let her skate .. ruined it for everyone and she’s probably damaged for life ..
She'll probably end up on meds.

I'm so sick of the spoilers. I woke up today, my phone buzzed, and it told me everything that will be broadcasted tonight.

I never really thought about how Title IX benefits other countries until now. The whole Canadian women’s hockey team roster went to school and played at American universities. That had to be instrumental in their development

peacock has been a bust.. if you want to watch on tv they tell you the results.. many events the replays were screwed up. how hard would it be to separate the pictures of the results from the replays so if you went looking for a broadcast you didnt see what happened. in the old days of tape delay they were pretty good about not telling you what happened now they look like they want you to know. no pretense of warning you.

As a dad and someone who is entertained by olympic skating, I was very bothered by the events last night. That poor thing. And on top of that, the world has had the joy of watching perhaps the greatest ever stolen from them. I hope shes able to return at 19.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom