2022 Winter Olympics: Beijing | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Winter Olympics: Beijing

I think I may have watched less than 5 hours total of the Olympics. The one event I was going to watch in full the US vs Canada Woman's Hockey final, I watched the first period and then went to sleep after we took the 3-0 lead.

After the crazy crap with all the doping, the not so great coverage and then the time differences same here. I think I watched about that much myself and it was like the first few days.

After the crazy crap with all the doping, the not so great coverage and then the time differences same here. I think I watched about that much myself and it was like the first few days.

Part of it for me was the "Freedom Convoy" in Canada took up way too much of my free time TV viewing. (not going to make a political statement on it either way on this politics free board, but it has been a major distraction)

Part of it for me was the "Freedom Convoy" in Canada took up way too much of my free time TV viewing. (not going to make a political statement on it either way on this politics free board, but it has been a major distraction)

Understood and I can imagine- especially since it got press all over which isn't common for all yall up north.

6hrs time difference.. not sure how that helps a whole lot except for the confusion as to which day an event is taking place. 11pm stuff would be 5pm here 3pm cali .

it does mean though less stuff happening in the morning and then long waits to try and avoid finding things out..

stuff at 10-12 in the morning would be 4-7 am so not far off of live..

but some events would only be 2-3 hrs before prime time kicks in so much less delay there.

I think i watched 100+ hrs of stuff. some i FWD thru to get to the US groups.

the tv coverage was fine. It was the streaming side they messed up pretty bad.

Overall, a somewhat unexpected, solid olympics for the US. Two more medals than 4 years ago, and that was with Shiffrin going 0fer this time around. I hope she comes back strong in 4 years. She seems like a really sweet girl.

My favorite story was Lindsey Jacobellis winning 2 golds. I mean I still remember watching her epic fail at the 2006 games live. And I still cringe watching it today lol
She f’d up her gold back then and didn’t get any medals for 16 years in between. That’s pretty incredible. She’s also easy on the eyes :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom