2022 Yankees Season | Page 119 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

The only way they come back is if somebody gets injured.

None of the current bullpen staff have any options left.

Killing it with roster management again. Marinacio has been one of our best relievers so lets send him down with no clear path back with Lutege still on the roster. Makes no sense.

The only way they come back is if somebody gets injured.

None of the current bullpen staff have any options left.
I was under the impression that Effros, Loiásiga, Peralta, and Trivino have minor league options left.

I was under the impression that Effros, Loiásiga, Peralta, and Trivino have minor league options left.

Peralta definitely doesn't and pretty sure Loiasaga doesn't either.

I was under the impression that Effros, Loiásiga, Peralta, and Trevino have minor league options left.

Effross and Trivino just got here. Can't send down fresh arms before a 9 game road trip.

Peralta has too much service time to be optioned.

They like Lasagna.

Yes, I'm lying to you.

I didn't see the other post about having one more until after I responded. Would have to research it to see if its accurate (seems unlikely) but hard to see them sending him down even if it was an option.

I didn't see the other post about having one more until after I responded. Would have to research it to see if its accurate (seems unlikely) but hard to see them sending him down even if it was an option.
He had four years and 168 days of service time going into this season.

Thought he had more for some reason, perhaps he does have 1 option left. He's been pretty good save for a few games late so hard to see him being an option. Effross or Trevino would make a lot more sense and I assume both have options left.

Players typically have three option years, but those who have accrued less than five full seasons (including both the Major and Minors) are eligible for a fourth if their three options have been exhausted already. For the purposes of this rule, spending at least 90 days on an active Major League or Minor League roster during a given season counts as one full season. Players also earn a full season if they spend at least 30 days on an active Major League or Minor League roster AND their active-roster and injured-list time amounts to at least 90 days in a given season.

I'm assuming that since Peralta was active for 90 days this season, it counts as 5 full years.

Anyway, all the Yankees beat writers said he couldn't be send down.

Players typically have three option years, but those who have accrued less than five full seasons (including both the Major and Minors) are eligible for a fourth if their three options have been exhausted already. For the purposes of this rule, spending at least 90 days on an active Major League or Minor League roster during a given season counts as one full season. Players also earn a full season if they spend at least 30 days on an active Major League or Minor League roster AND their active-roster and injured-list time amounts to at least 90 days in a given season.

I'm assuming that since Peralta was active for 90 days this season, it counts as 5 full years.

Anyway, all the Yankees beat writers said he couldn't be send down.

Agreed, seems like he would meet the 5 year requirement.

The team has been struggling since July began, long before the deadline deals.

Yeah, but why trade away a starting pitcher? Made zero sense, given the lack of certainty of the health of the other starters.

Yeah, but why trade away a starting pitcher? Made zero sense, given the lack of certainty of the health of the other starters.
You’re not going to use him in the post season is why they traded him.I guess you could argue that you need to get to the post season first, but I’ll take my chances with the big lead they have now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom