2022 Yankees Season | Page 141 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

Matt Carpenter was left for dead until he came to the Yankees. Explain that one
It was a good move by Cash but Carpenter had performed very well in the minors before the Yankees signed him- that is why Carpenter opted out of the minor league contract. He had already made the adjustments in his approach long before he got to the Bronx.

Joey Whiff was actually 2-3 the other night...Ummmm, maybe there is something wrong with the way the Yankees do things?
Yeah, imagine how many more home runs Judge would hit if he played for someone else :rolleyes:

Matt Carpenter was left for dead until he came to the Yankees. Explain that one
Carpenter was undoubtedly a good pickup, even if his season is over. With that said, we got him on the very cheap, having to give up nobody. It was an extremely low risk acquisition.

Carpenter was undoubtedly a good pickup, even if his season is over. With that said, we got him on the very cheap, having to give up nobody. It was an extremely low risk acquisition.
An acquisition any other team could have made.

When Bader steals that base in the post-season though...
It will be like a Kirk Gibson moment; he'll hobble out there to run for someone and then steal home in the bottom of the ninth inning of a tie game.

I’d say better than good, dude was on a historic pace.

Joey Whiff was actually 2-3 the other night...Ummmm, maybe there is something wrong with the way the Yankees do things?

It seems the Yankee batters try to lift/pull everything, swinging up. They get in this funk every now and then. Which is why opposing pitchers have been pitching them mostly down & down/away. Tampa and the Jays beat them by slapping the ball all over. Someone's got to make an adjustment somewhere.

And ftr, I really wanted Gallo to fit in NYY. :(

It will be like a Kirk Gibson moment; he'll hobble out there to run for someone and then steal home in the bottom of the ninth inning of a tie game.
I don’t believe what I just saw!

Phew! Trivino showed himself capable with a six out save, from the left side. Hear that, Chappy?

It was good to see Cole show some passion. Most of the team has been attaching new meaning onto the term "phlegmatic."
I saw that as a fake tough guy compensating for his Saturday failure. Fraudulent ace.

I saw that as a fake tough guy compensating for his Saturday failure. Fraudulent ace.
He's a strange dude. Doesn't seem like the type to fire up and lead a team, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just pitch better.

I assume Florial is gone after this season with Mays (I mean Bader) holding down CF in years to come?

I assume Florial is gone after this season with Mays (I mean Bader) holding down CF in years to come?

Florial still has a option year left. They can stash him at SWB as depth for 2023, or move him if needed.

Florial still has a option year left. They can stash him at SWB as depth for 2023, or move him if needed.
How do options work. Do you have an unlimited amount in a given year for a player?

How do options work. Do you have an unlimited amount in a given year for a player?

Each player has 3 "option years".

During each year, you can only move a player up and back 5 times.

If a player is out of options, you have to DFA him (Designate for Assignment). Another team can claim him from waivers. In a lot of cases, the player passes through waivers unclaimed, and the Yankees re-sign him to a minor league contract and stick him back in SWB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom