2023-2024 Coaching Carousel | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023-2024 Coaching Carousel

Chad well to Starkvegas

Chadwell signed a deal with Liberty about a year ago - $4M/year for seven years.
MSU is going to have to pay a bunch of money to Liberty if they really want him.

I find it really strange that the 216th best American college, which is located in the state with the highest poverty in America is able to consistently find millions and millions of dollars for the football team.
I understand that it is explainable so I'm not asking for a list of rich alumni or anything like that. It's still doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Was just about to post the same. I would take him.
It takes 2 to tango as they say. I think we all would take him, the question is would he have interest in Syracuse? Presumably inquiries would be back channel if we even tried. Certainly would be worth asking.

Wow. I can’t believe UCLA. That makes 0 sense to me.

I don’t see it happening, but immediately he would become my number 1 coaching candidate. Born and from New Hampshire. Originally coached at New Hampshire. Rumors swirled long time ago when he was OC at Oregon about potentially becoming Syracuse Head Coach.

Come here to retire. Probably not the same coach he once was. But would have an innovative offense, dome, from his hometown area.

It takes 2 to tango as they say. I think we all would take him, the question is would he have interest in Syracuse? Presumably inquiries would be back channel if we even tried. Certainly would be worth asking.

If he wants to be in the Northeast, I would think he would have interest. Although he could take a year off and BC might open up.

big chip Kelly fan. he’s gotten rather surly as he’s aged. I think he use to love coaching, hates all the BS that goes with it though at this level. Donors, recruiting, fans etc. not sure he would be great fit here but certainly would be willing to give it a try. he’s still a northeast guy. He’s back at Saratoga every summer. Just not sure he’s really into the grind anymore, any of it. Dude went hard with regard to coaching for a long time, not sure he loves it anymore

He’s got ton of money. Philly, SF and now looks like ucla all had to buy him out

Last edited:
big chip Kelly fan. he’s gotten rather surly as he’s aged. I think he use to love coaching, hates all the BS that goes with it though at this level. Donors, recruiting, fans etc. not sure he would be great fit here but certainly would be willing to give it a try. he’s still a northeast guy. He’s back at Saratoga every summer. Just not sure he’s really into the grind anymore, any of it. Dude went hard with regard to coaching for a long time, not sure he loves it anymore

He’s got ton of money. Philly, SF and now looks like ucla all had to buy him out
That’s how I feel, I think his best days are far behind him. We already have a guy(less successful guy obviously) that has a questionable passion for coaching, I don’t want someone else who just may as well for the reasons you listed

what does that have to do with anything? Non profit's also operate on a budget last time I checked. They also hire and fire employees, retain employees etc

Understood they have to be fiscally responsible but what I was implying is that Syracuse shouldn't be running with a surplus. So they should be reinvesting all of that (burning) money into the football program. Starting with coaches.

I'm gambling that it would be better to take a chance now on a homerun hire. I think 40K actual in the seats in 24 and 25 would mostly pay for itself on the hires. The base needs to be re-energized. It's a gamble but one thing I know for certain, is that the Dome will be a morgue next year and Babers will limp to another losing record.

Nickle and diming every thing seems to be the upstate NY way where there's not much in the way of progress and we're behind the times by decades compared to the rest of the country.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see what happens to Braun. Northwestern could end up out right #2 in the B18 West. I know that isn't saying much but that is a heck of a job given it is his 1st year there and under the circumstances.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Braun. Northwestern could end up out right #2 in the B18 West. I know that isn't saying much but that is a heck of a job given it is his 1st year there and under the circumstances.
He has done a great job, they were 1-11 last year and then the dumpster fire got even worse, just making a bowl would be amazing and with Purdue up next in Evanston, they have a great shot

Sacrificial partridge.

il_fullxfull.5005151918_tigk.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom