2023-2024 schedule release 8 PM tonight | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2023-2024 schedule release 8 PM tonight

Very front loaded this year. A few away Saturdays.. UNC at home a Tuesday but the Duke away also a Tuesday. Miami at home Saturday.

I don’t think they did their homework on SU.

Twice we have three game homestands (UM/FSU/NCState and UL/Clemson/UNC) and three two game roadtrips including two Saturday/Tuesdays. Not bad, at least the ACC doesn't do the Monday games. And BTW, Joel Berry is terrible.

Thats brutal getting sent to UVA in early December.

I don't mind the front loaded UNC and Duke road trips we can do some damage on the back end of this. Just kind of worried about our W-L a month into the season with a new team..

Twice we have three game homestands (UM/FSU/NCState and UL/Clemson/UNC) and three two game roadtrips including two Saturday/Tuesdays. Not bad, at least the ACC doesn't do the Monday games. And BTW, Joel Berry is terrible.
Yeah, Joel Berry is hard to watch.

To me it is disappointing they front loaded our schedule. They do with the bottom level teams. Unfortunately, most of America doesn’t tune into college bball until February and they generally know not many are watching basketball before football is over… and for us to have Duke unc uva Miami this early isn’t ideal for the brand in my opinion.

To me it is disappointing they front loaded our schedule. They do with the bottom level teams. Unfortunately, most of America doesn’t tune into college bball until February and they generally know not many are watching basketball before football is over… and for us to have Duke unc uva Miami this early isn’t ideal for the brand in my opinion.
In the Big East, we were one of the flagship programs and usually got a favorable schedule. In the ACC that just hasn’t been the case.

One thing we all agree on is Joel Berry. Who is making the decisions regarding on air talent for the ACCN? They also need to go.

5 Saturday home conference games. Would prefer 6 but at least it is better than the 4 given to us last year.

I can guarantee you SU asked to have the UNC game scheduled on a weekend. No dice. That costs us at least 5K in attendance for that game. Not good.

We got one 9 pm game, which is expected and it is a weekday game (BC) which is not good. I think we have gotten 2 weekday 9 PM games before, so it could be worse.

I too am worried about the insane scheduling in November and December. I hope this team somehow hits the ground running because it is going to take a really good effort to be above .500 heading into January.

Still some TBDs with the networks. I assume this is mostly CW wanting to wait until later to make their picks. Anyone know for sure what the selection order is like with the new CW agreement? Is it ESPN, ESPN2, CW, ESPNU and then ACCN? I find it hard to believe CW always gets the last pick.

If I remember right, they are televising more games than the RSNs did and I suspect they will spend more money and have a pregame show and a halftime show for their telecasts. Hopefully more info on this will be forthcoming soon.

One thing we all agree on is Joel Berry. Who is making the decisions regarding on air talent for the ACCN? They also need to go.

5 Saturday home conference games. Would prefer 6 but at least it is better than the 4 given to us last year.

I can guarantee you SU asked to have the UNC game scheduled on a weekend. No dice. That costs us at least 5K in attendance for that game. Not good.

We got one 9 pm game, which is expected and it is a weekday game (BC) which is not good. I think we have gotten 2 weekday 9 PM games before, so it could be worse.

I too am worried about the insane scheduling in November and December. I hope this team somehow hits the ground running because it is going to take a really good effort to be above .500 heading into January.

Still some TBDs with the networks. I assume this is mostly CW wanting to wait until later to make their picks. Anyone know for sure what the selection order is like with the new CW agreement? Is it ESPN, ESPN2, CW, ESPNU and then ACCN? I find it hard to believe CW always gets the last pick.

If I remember right, they are televising more games than the RSNs did and I suspect they will spend more money and have a pregame show and a halftime show for their telecasts. Hopefully more info on this will be forthcoming soon.

SU is slow on the draw (as usual).

The ACC website is updated.

Most of the TBD's will end up ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU

In the Big East, we were one of the flagship programs and usually got a favorable schedule. In the ACC that just hasn’t been the case.
Yes in the big East we would end the season with uconn gtown and nova as 3 of the last 5 games. That is when everyone is watching… other than the crazy people who are complaining about scheduling on a Tuesday night in September who will watch regardless of when the games are played.

This is random but remember a few years ago when they made us open the season vs Virginia at home and we lost 48-34. Man that was stupid.
One of the worst games I’ve ever seen. I think that was the game Carmelo was dressed like a detective while sitting with scrap metal guy.

Jalen Carey really running the point for the first time in his life in November against Virginia’s defense, with Sidibe taking up space at Center. “Yama hama, it’s fright night.” - Kramer

Someone should retroactively give Elijah Hughes some serious NIL money for carrying that team in that ill fated season that just…ended. After he had zero to work with all year. We would’ve been like 5-27 without him. “We’re gonna make him whole. It’s what you do.” - Mike Erhmantraut

F6_uZpYWMAAyy3_

To be fair that's essentially saying we might lose every single non creampuff/weak conference opponent ( 3x in Maui, LSU, Oregon, @UVA, @ Gtown) before January. If we go 1-6 or 2-5 in that stretch of games it would be a pretty big setback and disappointment given the roster. The ACC would need to be much stronger this year to have enough q1/q2 win opportunities to overcome that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom