2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball

As we get to the end of the year, time to discuss some potential rule changes for next year.

Currently we follow all the standard rules for a weekly head to head yahoo fantasy basketball league.
The only deviation being that I have set the trade veto for 3 members, instead of majority members after some discussion earlier this year.

I have 2 things to consider
#1) Increasing the # of weekly permitted additions, either post all star break or at least for the playoffs, from 4 to 6. Its probably always been the case but injuries at the end suck. Especially when you can't make replacements.

#2) The trade veto rule. Should it be at least 5, 3, or more commissioner veto's. I've expressed above my lack of desire to veto trades unless its egregious and not in good faith. But if we feel that should be done, I am willing to assign an assistant commissioner who will be given that power.

Any other ideas let me know. But I really would like to change the # of additions up to 6 for the playoffs (if there is agreement)
What about IR+? It adds the Out designation as IR eligible. It would help when a player is ruled out day of game.

What about IR+? It adds the Out designation as IR eligible. It would help when a player is ruled out day of game.

I would be in approval of it, but I was looking for an option of that sort in league settings a month or so ago as a proposed change for this year... and could not find anything.

Is that something you have seen before in a Yahoo league?

I would be in approval of it, but I was looking for an option of that sort in league settings a month or so ago as a proposed change for this year... and could not find anything.

Is that something you have seen before in a Yahoo league?
This was my first time playing so I haven't see it before. It was something that was talked about as an option when you read discussions for individual players.

The message boards for each player I mean.

This was my first time playing so I haven't see it before. It was something that was talked about as an option when you read discussions for individual player
The message boards for each player I mean.

Did a little googling, and found the answer. Effective in 2021, they created the ability to create IR+. Injured, Out or GTD.

I would be in favour of this.

So we have 2 people in favour of IL+ instead of just IL.

My proposal is:
- Move 3 IL Spots, to 3 IL+ Spots, 4 weekly additions
- Post All Star Break increase it to 4IL+ Spots, 5 weekly additions?

Yay, Nay?

Reactions: gbo
Special shout-out to Kawhi Leonard for choosing to sit out the entirety of finals week...

Congrats to Orange Auburn (Marek's Marlb Red Autry) for winning the season.

Congrats to Orange Auburn (Marek's Marlb Red Autry) for winning the season.
I'd like to thank Kawhi Leonard for making this possible.

I'd like to thank my parents for making me.

I'd like to thank Michael Jordan, for making me interested in basketball when I was a young boy.

And most of all, I'd like to thank me, for being awesome.

Thank you - Thank you all.

You liked me, you really, really, liked me.

I'd like to thank my parents for making me.

I'd like to thank Michael Jordan, for making me interested in basketball when I was a young boy.

And most of all, I'd like to thank me, for being awesome.

Thank you - Thank you all.

You liked me, you really, really, liked me.
Congrats. I thought you won an IGGY also. That would be a triple crown. A Cali, an IGGY and a fantasy basketball championship.

I'm still very disappointed at Donovan Mitchell and Jayson Tatum for sitting out yesterday. I was really hoping to lock up the bronze.

200.gif

Congrats. I thought you won an IGGY also. That would be a triple crown. A Cali, an IGGY and a fantasy basketball championship.

I'm still very disappointed at Donovan Mitchell and Jayson Tatum for sitting out yesterday. I was really hoping to lock up the bronze.
I started getting worried when Brown, LeBron, and Davis showed as GTD and with my Laker duo having late games, I worried that they would both take a rest day.

Bron and Davis willed me across the finish line on Saturday with huge games.

Special shout-out to Kawhi Leonard for choosing to sit out the entirety of finals week...

Credit goes to you for winning the regular season title. Having the most consistent team over the regular season could be just as difficult to win, if not more.

Playoffs can always come down to a little more luck than the regular season (not always though). The Marek Marlb team came on strong to end the year.

Last edited:
My scrubs and / or injury pick ups came through with ridiculous weeks that probably aren't going to be repeated anytime soon- too bad it wasn't a week before. Needed it because last week my top 6 draft picks only played 7 out of 24 available games.

Per game
Banton 20-4-7 (2 3's)
RJ Barrett 25-7-5
JR GIddey 15-8-7
PJ Washington 22-9-3, 2 Stl. 2BLK, 4 3's
Avdija 21-8-2, 2BLK
Ivey 23-4-7
Gordon 20-7-6. 2BLK

jncuse Thanks for a great season. Looking forward to next year.