2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball | Syracusefan.com

2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Returning Members should have been sent a link recently to their e-mail. If not please let me know via this thread.

Draft is next Sunday.

Have room for 5 new teams this year. Currently at 7 of 12 spots.

Didn't realize there was a current year thread. Any other first timers want to join?

Ok, I signed up. And I did a mock draft. So I should be OK in the process for Sunday night.

Last edited:
jncuse Are you managing 2 teams??

The second team I "manage" is called "Replacement Level Team" (see procedure below)... I don't really manage it - see discussion below. It was set up last year after the draft to replace either a manager that was not active, or a team that was auto drafted by Yahoo so there was an even number of teams. Don't remember which.

It was done so that we had more somewhat competitive teams in the league. We ran a little low on managed teams last year, but good to see 3 new members join this year to stop that issue.

I laid out the rules last year in the 22/23 thread for the "Replacement Level Team" as follows. I use no judgment, purely procedural.
- It does no trades
- If I remember, I set up the lineups each week via the Yahoo tool.
- I replace injured players, with the highest % player available. (% being the % of teams the player is on in 12 team Yahoo leagues)
- When a player must be dropped it is the lowest % player on the team that is dropped.
- Yahoo does the draft for the team.

I could have not renewed the team, but I think its better to have more teams if possible (makes league more fun).

Reactions: gbo
The second team I "manage" is called "Replacement Level Team" (see procedure below)... I don't really manage it - see discussion below. It was set up last year after the draft to replace either a manager that was not active, or a team that was auto drafted by Yahoo so there was an even number of teams. Don't remember which.

It was done so that we had more somewhat competitive teams in the league. We ran a little low on managed teams last year, but good to see 3 new members join this year to stop that issue.

I laid out the rules last year in the 22/23 thread for the "Replacement Level Team" as follows. I use no judgment, purely procedural.
- It does no trades
- If I remember, I set up the lineups each week via the Yahoo tool.
- I replace injured players, with the highest % player available. (% being the % of teams the player is on in 12 team Yahoo leagues)
- When a player must be dropped it is the lowest % player on the team that is dropped.
- Yahoo does the draft for the team.

I could have not renewed the team, but I think its better to have more teams if possible (makes league more fun).
Thanks for explaining that. Makes sense to me. Hopefully we have an active league.

Here were the projected standings per Yahoo (from the Standings Tab using the Yahoo 23/24 projected stats)

#8 - just where I want to be to sneak up on people.
As an aside I don't think they have the strongest correlation to what ends up happening in case you are at the bottom for now.

HakAttack
Soup Bags
Clifton Park All Stars
What does the Fawkes
Marek's Smokes
Everything is Coming Up Milsap
Please Don't Fail Me
JN
Replacement Level
Marek's Marlb Red Autry

Past Champions and RunnerUps
20/21 Playoffs - JN (Runner Up Hak Attack)
21/22 Playoffs - JN (Runner Up Guy Fawkes)
22/23 Playoffs - Hak Attack (Runner Up Marek Smokes)

Regular Season
20/21 1. JN, 2. Hak, 3. Marek's Smokes
21/22 1. GuyFawkes, 2. JN, 3. Soup Bags
22/23 1. Marek Smokes 2. Hak, 3. Guy Fawkes.

The key is to get in the playoffs (top 6 out of 10) and anything can happen especially at the end of the season with injuries and "so called injuries"

Last edited:
My team is super fun. Unlike my fantasy football team, on which I hate everyone on my roster, my hoops squad is a blast.

My team is super fun. Unlike my fantasy football team, on which I hate everyone on my roster, my hoops squad is a blast.
Which team is yours? I like everyone on my team as well.

I'm not sure how I feel about my team.

Past Champions and RunnerUps
20/21 Playoffs - JN (Runner Up Hak Attack)
21/22 Playoffs - JN (Runner Up Guy Fawkes)
22/23 Playoffs - Hak Attack (Runner Up Marek Smokes)

Regular Season
20/21 1. JN, 2. Hak, 3. Marek's Smokes
21/22 1. GuyFawkes, 2. JN, 3. Soup Bags
22/23 1. Marek Smokes 2. Hak, 3. Guy Fawkes.

The key is to get in the playoffs (top 6 out of 10) and anything can happen especially at the end of the season with injuries and "so called injuries"
Yup. Jokic sitting a few during our fantasy playoffs crushed me last season.

Hopefully this league trades more than football. Let's make it happen. Currently have some offers out there...

Hopefully this league trades more than football. Let's make it happen. Currently have some offers out there...

I know that GuyFawkes is a wheeler and dealer.

I'm probably not the person to do trades with (I go more the FA route to try to rebuild). I have done one trade in the last 10 years in all my various leagues. Guy was successful in getting me to a deal this last baseball season. (Vlad Guerrero for Juan Soto -- I was so disgusted with Vlad's regression that I was willing to do the deal). It didn't hurt hum though.

I'll trade but don't usually tinker much right after the draft.

I'll trade but don't usually tinker much right after the draft.
I tinker constantly with football and will with basketball. Not sure if it ever helps me though...

TIP FOR NEWCOMERS

There is a "Start Active Players" tool at the top left of your lineup screen. Hit that and Yahoo will set your lineup for the rest of the week.

It saves lots of time for the many days where you will not have all players playing that night.
Be aware though - You can then scan the days where you have a full active lineup, with some active players on the bench. Sometimes Yahoo makes strange decisions who to bench.

I just went to the Replacement Level Team (picked by Yahoo) to hit "the Start Active players" tool for the week which is generally the most I do to manage that team.

8 of the 13 players they drafted were Point Guards.