2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball

Another Sunday night, another close matchup with an opponent - this time Clinton Parks.
Currently up 7-2, but I am up in the 4 "close" categories, and he has 9 players going against my 7.
So thinks could get quite tight.

Pts - 629 vs 594 (Started at 35, now down to 25)
Assists - 153 vs 144 (Started at 9, now down to 7)
Steals - 42 vs 37 (although lead is now up to 10, so category should be safe)
Blocks - 29 vs 27 (Lead is is now 3)

How these categories turn out could have an implication on who gets the bye -- maybe although Hak is having a big week. My oversight earlier this week that cost me 21 points and 6 blocks may also come into play.

Glad to see my guys come out with blocks and steals though early in their games.
Me losing Donovan Mitchell this week did not help my cause. I've always been strong in points and might not pull that out. At one point this week, I had a shot at 2nd, now I'll be lucky to hold on to 4th.

Me losing Donovan Mitchell this week did not help my cause. I've always been strong in points and might not pull that out. At one point this week, I had a shot at 2nd, now I'll be lucky to hold on to 4th.
And the Knicks vs Sixers probably lowest scoring game of the year at the half, 37-31, not helping DiVincenzo and Tobias Harris, two guys I need to have big games.

Came out of nowhere the last few weeks when my app finally worked again to dig out from 10th place and finish 8th!

Also I think I picked Wemby 3rd which seemed absurd at the time but it looks like his current Yahoo rank is 6, so maybe I wasn't that nuts.

Some interesting final week matchups.

A #2 vs #3 matchup (Hak and myself)... we are both tied right now, and the winner gets a bye.

With 4-7 not having clinched a spot for 6 playoff spots, we have 2 head to head matchups.
#4 vs #7
#5 vs #6

Here are the magic numbers to make the playoffs. That being said all teams could get in with less depending on scores in other game

Clinton - Wins 2.5 categories in his matchup.
Fawkes - Wins 4.0
Marek's Marlb - Wins 5.5
Millsap - Wins 6.5

And the Knicks vs Sixers probably lowest scoring game of the year at the half, 37-31, not helping DiVincenzo and Tobias Harris, two guys I need to have big games.

You have more patience than me. I may be short sighted sometimes in moves.

I thought you might bring in somebody at the 9:30 game last night, since you were so close to me in points (4) and assists and tied in blocks. Did you have any additions left?

I would have dropped Grayson if I had any additions left, and went for 2 points (and then dropped the guy Monday and found someone else). But I'm also perhaps too short sighted week to week, and your patience could well be a virtue. Different strategies, not saying one is right vs the other.

Today I dropped Vince Williams when he was "out" - didn't want to -- he has been a good top 100 guy in the past month - he does a bit of everyhting for the undermanned Grizz.

Didn't know how long he was out for (a game, all week), but figured I couldn't be patient this week in my chase for the #2 spot.. given how close this league is, that first round bye seems big.

Needed as many players who could play, and went with Delanto Banton who has had good counting stats the last 3 games. See if my risk / lack of patience works out.

You have more patience than me. I may be short sighted sometimes in moves.

I thought you might bring in somebody at the 9:30 game last night, since you were so close to me in points (4) and assists and tied in blocks. Did you have any additions left?

I would have dropped Grayson if I had any additions left, and went for 2 points (and then dropped the guy Monday and found someone else). But I'm also perhaps too short sighted week to week, and your patience could well be a virtue. Different strategies, not saying one is right vs the other.
Lack of patience is what killed me. I dropped Gafford on Monday because Kidd was killing me how he was using him and then after I dropped him, he started him. But I picked up Allen, Finney-Smith, Reed (when I needed a C) and Avdija. It left me out of options for Sunday. Never would have thought Mitchell would miss seven straight games.

Lack of patience is what killed me. I dropped Gafford on Monday because Kidd was killing me how he was using him and then after I dropped him, he started him. But I picked up Allen, Finney-Smith, Reed (when I needed a C) and Avdija. It left me out of options for Sunday. Never would have thought Mitchell would miss seven straight games.

I see - I thought you had some adds left, but I was incorrect. Mine were used up by Friday I think.

That Mitchell injury hurts. I have been trying to deal with Morant and Bane for a few months - its tough.

As of last night, the pole positions are as follows with current week scores

7th leaps to 4th
5th and 6th remain put
4th falls to 7th

But

6th and 5th have some close categories that if 5th peels from 6th, 6th falls to 7th

Going down to the wire

As of last night, the pole positions are as follows with current week scores

7th leaps to 4th
5th and 6th remain put
4th falls to 7th

But

6th and 5th have some close categories that if 5th peels from 6th, 6th falls to 7th

Going down to the wire
My guys have been really bad for the last eleven days that I could conceivably gone from fighting for a bye to totally dropping out of the playoffs. At this point, I need some luck to stay in it, but if I don't make the cut, I'm fine with it. Then I can concentrate on Monday on working my brackets in a wide open March Madness. Bur CBB is so unpredictable that I'm not even sure there are four teams that I feel good about to make the final four.

My guys have been really bad for the last eleven days that I could conceivably gone from fighting for a bye to totally dropping out of the playoffs. At this point, I need some luck to stay in it, but if I don't make the cut, I'm fine with it. Then I can concentrate on Monday on working my brackets in a wide open March Madness. Bur CBB is so unpredictable that I'm not even sure there are four teams that I feel good about to make the final four.
I have four key guys as GTD today, of which two are likely no go. Plus two outs.

Maneuvering this weekend will be a challenge.

Survive and advance. It's going to be a great finish...

Some tough outs tonight

If I survive and advance I'll be thrilled, but as of now, looking like a tough break

Come so close and then Lucy pulls the football

Some tough outs tonight

If I survive and advance I'll be thrilled, but as of now, looking like a tough break

Come so close and then Lucy pulls the football
I have Tobias Harris out with no game scheduled tomorrow. SoI drop him and pick up Avdija who has a game tonight and tomorrow. Awesome, he will help me in my playoff push. Then I get a notification that he's a game time scratch for tonight. What!!! Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

I have Tobias Harris out with no game scheduled tomorrow. SoI drop him and pick up Avdija who has a game tonight and tomorrow. Awesome, he will help me in my playoff push. Then I get a notification that he's a game time scratch for tonight. What!!! Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
I kept getting Yahoo notification that so and so changed from GTD to Out!

I was like. Awesome. Just awesome.

I kept getting Yahoo notification that so and so changed from GTD to Out!

I was like. Awesome. Just awesome.
Everyday I'm complaining about something with my fantasy team, like earlier tonight when Donovan Mitchell only scores 13 points. My wife asks me how much money I can win in this league and I tell her zero. Now after 29 years, she knows something is wrong with me.

Last edited:
Everyday I'm complaining about something with my fantasy team, like earlier tonight when Donovan Mitchell only scores 13 points. My wife asks me how much money I can win in this league and I tell her zero. Now after 29 years, she knows something is wrong with me.
Same. My wife knows I play fantasy sports with my "Syracuse Internet friends". She doesn't judge so I have that going for me...

Both the 2/3 spot, for the valuable 2nd bye, and the final playoff spot coming down to the wire. Could come down to FT's.

I would really like that bye, to try to regroup my team next week, perhaps take adanvantage of waivers, which is hard in an active week.

I think the standings are fairly secure at this point. Looks like GuyFawkes will be the odd man out.

Clifton will likely still lose 1 point -- but he will still be ahead of Guy Fawkes by one point, And I don't know if there is a path for GuyFawkes to get that point back. His best path is FG% where he is down .488 to .497, but Zubac would need to go 12/12 from the field to make that gap up.

I don't think Harden can draw enough fouls to make up a .778 vs .801 FT difference.. or it will be very tough -- if he is even playing. My calculations are Harden would need to go at least 11-11. The lead will likely get c

Seems like it will be

1. Momma (GBO)
2. JN
3. Hak (injuries, GTD's seem to hurt him the final week)
4. Marek
5. Millsap
6. Clinton
7. GuyFawkes

Last edited:
Correction on above - did I miss something that caused Marek's FG% fall to .497 to .492.

That changes things a bit. Zubac would only need to shoot 6/6 the rest of the game. Hard to do yes, but not impossible.

I think the standings are fairly secure at this point. Looks like GuyFawkes will be the odd man out.

Clifton will likely still lose 1 point -- but he will still be ahead of Guy Fawkes by one point, And I don't know if there is a path for GuyFawkes to get that point back. His best path is FG% where he is down .488 to .497, but Zubac would need to go 12/12 from the field to make that gap up.

I don't think Harden can draw enough fouls to make up a .778 vs .801 FT difference.. or it will be very tough -- if he is even playing. My calculations are Harden would need to go at least 11-11. The lead will likely get c

Seems like it will be

1. Momma (GBO)
2. JN (me)
4. Marek
5. Millsap
6. Clinton
7. GuyFawkes
If Fawkes picks up his 4th point to pass me, then Red Autry would lose a point and have 5 for the week. My quick math says the two of us would then be tied for 6th place with the exact same record. Not sure what the tiebreaker rules are, but it looks like I might have taken him out 10-8 head to head.

Seems like it will be

1. Momma (GBO)
2. JN
4. Marek
5. Millsap
6. Clinton
7. GuyFawkes
And the injuries are starting up. In the last hour I have one out and two GTD's. Don't these guys know it's playoff time. LOL!!!