2023-24 Portal Options | Page 111 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

I'm OK with this on the grounds we go all in on making sure we get Judah back or a bag to a kid like Bradley.

Beyond that - we then stay aggressive in knocking it out with the '24 class.

Also on Naheem- Griff is gonna have an important summer with his centers.

Mccloud's not Jesse on the offensive end but he is more athletic than Hima. Will probably not be promised anything and it will be interesting to see how the Center competition plays out. I think McClouds upside is the highest but how reliable will he be from game to game?

Mccleod is serviceable and doesn't take away a big man platoon approach including Maliq with some weight on him. Focus needs to then shift all in to Judah or Judahs replacement.

Not gonna jump for joy by any stretch here either.

I'm OK with this on the grounds we go all in on making sure we get Judah back or a bag to a kid like Bradley.

Beyond that - we then stay aggressive in knocking it out with the '24 class.

Also on Naheem- Griff is gonna have an important summer with his centers.
Yeah. Agreed. The one caveat here is that McLeod works with Judah at point.

He’s a much less attractive option if Judah is gone…but then again so are most of the centers we’re looking at.

Yeah. Agreed. The one caveat here is that McLeod works with Judah at point.

He’s a much less attractive option if Judah is gone…but then again so are most of the centers we’re looking at.

Exactly. Have to think he isn't an expensive get so maybe there is more on the table for Judah.

Exactly. Have to think he isn't an expensive get so maybe there is more on the table for Judah.
With or without Judah next year we are a downhill team.
Judah, JJ, Chance, Copeland can all take their man off the bounce. We will be taking the ball to the hole next year and our bigs need to be playing based on that. We will be a completely different team next year. Get the ball and go. Not a jump shooting finesse team with undersized weak centers. Yes Jesse is a loss but we might actually win more games with the style of ball Red is going to play

Judah, JJ, Chance, Copeland can all take their man off the bounce. We will be taking the ball to the hole next year and our bigs need to be playing based on that. We will be a completely different team next year. Get the ball and go. Not a jump shooting finesse team with undersized weak centers. Yes Jesse is a loss but we might actually win more games with the style of ball Red is going to play
Ask Hop how it works going all in on athleticism. We are going to see a ton of zone next year me thinks. It could get difficult in the half court.

If Bell and JT and to a lesser extent JJ and Westry make their open 3s at a good clip.. sure.

Ask Hop how it works going all in on athleticism. We are going to see a ton of zone next year me thinks. It could get difficult in the half court.
Would be our best zone team in years as crazy as it sounds. Wouldn’t even be opposed to it if Benny and Bell buy into it. JJ may even benefit playing defense in the zone.

I hear this but I don't see Red running zone for extended stretches. Others had said as much that know him better but Griff at Dayton as well as Red at VT... have to think or hoping too...

Would be our best zone team in years as crazy as it sounds. Wouldn’t even be opposed to it if Benny and Bell buy into it. JJ may even benefit playing defense in the zone.

Lol irony here...Just as I'm convincing myself we should be moving to mtm... now if we pressure the ball and drop into the zone... OK now...

Time for a drink

Very few teams play zone. If Judah returns next years team will be better than this years.

This was a highlight tape of Mccleod in HS back in 2018. You can certainly see where FSU and others were intrigued back then... seems he played faster back then than his FSU highlights.