2023-24 Portal | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal

Where are all these players going to go ? There are so many good players entering, for the kids who think they're going to trade up there's only so much room.

The NC State kid went 3-1 against Marshall, Duke, Clemson and Miami.

Wells, Collins and Morris would be starters for us.
No idea on the breakdown but guys are attempting to trade up, trade down or going for the best money offer. Or some combination thereof.

Someone posted that a new coach is not obligated to maintain the scholarships of existing players. As in outright letting players go as opposed to simply "having the talk". Rather large implications if true.

Contact period starts tomorrow 12/1. Coaches can contact recruits in person on and off campus.
Contact Period is Dec. 1 – 16, 2023.

Someone posted that a new coach is not obligated to maintain the scholarships of existing players. As in outright letting players go as opposed to simply "having the talk". Rather large implications if true.
The presence of the portal makes it a lot easier to kick kids to the curb to open up new spots on the roster.

EDIT: And no, I don't think this is ok.
I'm just saying that the circumstances make it easy for coaches to rationalize kicking kids off the team because players can quickly transfer to someplace that will be more suitable for the player's skillset.
Easier to add kids now. Also easier to cut them.

The presence of the portal makes it a lot easier to kick kids to the curb to open up new spots on the roster.

I'm just saying that the circumstances make it easy for coaches to rationalize kicking kids off the team because players can quickly transfer to someplace that will be more suitable for the player's skillset.
The first bounce to the curb candidates are guys who will have their degrees by Summer.

Contact period starts tomorrow 12/1. Coaches can contact recruits in person on and off campus.
Contact Period is Dec. 1 – 16, 2023.

Hope Coach Brown has the game plan ready to go so he can start doing the head coach duties tomorrow and be on the phone all day with portal players...

"Ain't nobody clean"

How long until an enterprising school figures out a way to require players to sign annual contracts with the equivalent of a buyout or sell-on clause to ensure schools recoup the significant developmental expenses they put into these players?

There is an astronomical amount of volatility and risk happening right now, and you have to assume this will all get locked down sooner rather than later.

giphy.gif

There are a couple of schools where the gates are opening, so far here it’s been pretty quiet. At least this hire hasn’t caused kids to leave, which is gate one. Credit to Dino and the team adherence he created. At least guys are willing to meet and hear from the new coach.

Can't believe how many starting QB's from major schools are in the transfer portal.
It has to be about NIL dinero, right?

We can do better. He was overrated because of who his dad was. Still shocked he got a ND offer and was on the field.
I wouldn’t push him away. Proven entity. Year one with a new coach having a guy with meaningful minutes could be beneficial. Need more than 1 qb imo anyway

Justin Joly recently put his name in the portal. Put up big numbers as a TE for a horrendous UConn team. From New Rochelle.

He would help us. I suspect Coach Brown knows who he is. Hope he gets an offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom