2023-24 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training...

If Cole is done season basically over. Rodon isnt gonna be what he was and who knows if Nestor the onemolester can stay healthy.

sigh….

The Talkin’ Yanks guys are probably right. If it were good news, we would already know. Right now, he is probably deciding weather to have surgery or to just shut things down for a couple of months and try to work through it.

Cole has been so reliable. I think he only had one short IL stint since joining the Yankees. This is such a bummer (obviously). Cease, Snell, or Montgomery would help, but none of them are Cole.

The Talkin’ Yanks guys are probably right. If it were good news, we would already know. Right now, he is probably deciding weather to have surgery or to just shut things down for a couple of months and try to work through it.

Cole has been so reliable. I think he only had one short IL stint since joining the Yankees. This is such a bummer (obviously).

If the Yanks announce bad news, the price for Cease will double.

They better get a deal done before the results of the MRI get leaked.

Cole has been so reliable. I think he only had one short IL stint since joining the Yankees. This is such a bummer (obviously). Cease, Snell, or Montgomery would help, but none of them are Cole.
I think you have a valid thought, but have there been any examples when shutting it down for a couple of months has actually worked for someone? Seems like it's always just delayed the inevitable.

I think you have a valid thought, but have there been any examples when shutting it down for a couple of months has actually worked for someone? Seems like it's always just delayed the inevitable.
I think you’re right. Tanaka chose to avoid surgery and worked through it, but that was probably a very different injury.

If the Yanks announce bad news, the price for Cease will double.

They better get a deal done before the results of the MRI get leaked.

I think the price went way up the day the news that he was having the MRI was released.

Both Boras and the White Sox are going to ask for the moon now, and I'm guessing Hal isn't going to give in.

Sure hope Stanton has a huge comeback year, because more than anyone else, that's the money that Hal has used to tie up his hands.

Sure hope Stanton has a huge comeback year, because more than anyone else, that's the money that Hal has used to tie up his hands.
Stanton actually has only the fifth highest luxury tax figure on the team.

Stanton actually has only the fifth highest luxury tax figure on the team.

I thought he was 4th at $29M ($32M less $3M of Marlins money).

But either way, it's a huge amount of money for someone with no position flexibility and recent history of injuries. But he does look in great shape this year and he's only 34 so here's to hoping.

I thought he was 4th at $29M ($32M less $3M of Marlins money).

But either way, it's a huge amount of money for someone with no position flexibility and recent history of injuries. But he does look in great shape this year and he's only 34 so here's to hoping.
Luxury tax is based on average annual value. Stanton’s is reportedly $22 million.

Being a DH (occasional corner OF), who was a below replacement-level offensive performer last year, he certainly leaves much to be desired.

Luxury tax is based on average annual value. Stanton’s is reportedly $22 million.

Being a DH (occasional corner OF), who was a below replacement-level offensive performer last year, he certainly leaves much to be desired.

That makes sense. It's a 13 year, $325M contract. $25M per year. Less the $3M from the Marlins = $22M. (they're paying $30M over 3 years, 2026-2028, but it's prorated over 10 years for competitive tax balance).

Trevor Bauer worth looking at?
Of course we all know the baggage and PR nightmare but the guy was never convicted of anything as far as I know. So the dudes a freak in the sheets, who cares?
Yankees are in a bad way if Cole is gone for the year and the options are pretty slim to replace him at this point.

Trevor Bauer worth looking at?
Of course we all know the baggage and PR nightmare but the guy was never convicted of anything as far as I know. So the dudes a freak in the sheets, who cares?
Yankees are in a bad way if Cole is gone for the year and the options are pretty slim to replace him at this point.
He is a an excellent and innovative pitcher, but I would pass. Literally any team could acquire him for the league minimum right now and nobody is doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom