2023 Army Navy Game | Syracusefan.com

2023 Army Navy Game

New England welcomes our nation's future heroes!!

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

Can someone tell me why row the boat idiot at 5-7 was given a bowl before this game was played? I know Army has two FCS wins but Navy doesn’t. Shouldn’t a 6-6 Navy go to a bowl, if they win today, over Minnesota?

Can someone tell me why row the boat idiot at 5-7 was given a bowl before this game was played? I know Army has two FCS wins but Navy doesn’t. Shouldn’t a 6-6 Navy go to a bowl, if they win today, over Minnesota?
Army has 2 wins over FCS teams (and you can only count one), so the winner wasn’t guaranteed to be bowl eligible, but still valid point you make (I.e. most people would probably like to see a military academy get in over a 5-7 Minnesota)

This is the price Army and Navy pay for wanting the game in Week 15.

If you're not bowl eligible by Bowl Selection Day on Dec 3, you're outta luck.

I still find it hard to believe that some people wanted the Army coach to be SU’s new coach: 4th and 3 on Navy’s 40 with *what* under 3 minutes to play? And he decides to punt? For basically a 10 yard punt! What a chickenshlt move… Make a first down…game over with no Navy timeouts left. Not make the first down and still at least 20-30 seconds off the clock.
All the same, that 4th quarter was epic…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom