2023 Bowl Projections thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Bowl Projections thread

SMU would be cool but I think that's a brutal matchup for us so I certainly hope we don't have to play them. Not after what we saw with our secondary.

SMU would be cool but I think that's a brutal matchup for us so I certainly hope we don't have to play them. Not after what we saw with our secondary.
I agree. I like the Military Bowl and I think SU could draw well there. SMU as an opponent would be tough, plus they are in our conference now.

I have heard the Military Bowl likes all of the SU alumni in the DC area and is taking a good look at us. Probably doesn't hurt that SU has a strong connection to the military either but I really don't think that matters as much as the other factor.
Believe school made it known this was its preferred too.

Military bowl hasn’t really been projected but Brett usually is a good source although I’m sure it’s just a guess. It’s kind of odd Syracuse has never played in this game. Va Tech is the one projected to Military a lot but I’m sure they could go elsewhere.

I agree. I like the Military Bowl and I think SU could draw well there. SMU as an opponent would be tough, plus they are in our conference now.

SMU is an underappreciated sleeper.

There is no other ACC brand threatening SMU's recruiting base in the talent rich state of Texas.

There is no other ACC brand threatening SMU's recruiting base in the talent rich state of Texas.

The NIL was the gift SMU has been waiting for. They have or get a good coach, yikes.

Screenshot_2023-11-29-16-20-49-08_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Looks like they post their matchup predictions once a week on their Instagram page. This was from yesterday.

Can't imagine Miami draws any fans for that one. Lol

I have a feeling they’re going to be a major force in 3 years.

If the entire current staff is gone, and lots of players to the portal, how will the team play a game in the bowl?

Rutgers vs BC would be one of the worst P5 vs P5 bowl matchups ever. Neither team has beaten anyone with a pulse. Not that we did either but still!
Rutgers is decent. They would smack BC. Rutgers fans will enjoy it just like we would.

My guess is pinstripe or first responder

I don’t care which bowl it is I just know getting a final win & second bowl would be the perfect way to close out the Dino Baebers era

Please, please, please. This would be perfect. I wonder if, at this stage, any of the projections for the minor bowls are based on real info vs pure guesswork based on pick order and geography. Clearly some of the predictions are pure BS speculation, but didn't know if some of the predictions from national media might actually be based on real info.
McMurphy is pretty good with this historically

My guess is pinstripe or first responder

I don’t care which bowl it is I just know getting a final win & second bowl would be the perfect way to close out the Dino Baebers era
not going to Pinstripe, 3 times in Yankee Stadium in less than a year rules us out

We need ‘Yellow Pencil Man’ to weight in here.

Joe Giglio, where are you?

Dc Comics Batman GIF by Max

The Duke board has an interesting thread on ACC bowl assignments.

McMurphy has Duke going to the Gasparilla, which would be an amazing downfall for them given where they were for half the season. But there were there last year.

That said, as they point out, Giglio was saying last year to ask McMurphy, as his sources had dried up.

Last edited:
Better dig out those shoulder pads from the box in the garage. ;)
Send me in coach, just have the emt's ready and the chopper fired up. All kidding aside, I'm having a hard time not seeing how this won't be a humiliating shipshow. Personally, i think Syracuse should opt out and let a 5-7 team who is building take the spot. I really don't see what's to gain from going. I know that is an unpopular take, but it is what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom