2023 Bowl Projections thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Bowl Projections thread

In today’s world, the 2000 and 2003 teams would have gone to bowls.
Fair… but still no one since P has accomplished the feat. Given what we know now, I don’t think revisionist history supports P being let go.

If we make a bowl, I don’t think they pull the trigger.

Give me Tampa in that case.

Doing my bowl math I only see us getting Tampa if we lose to GaTech and beat Wake Forest. If we beat GaTech on Saturday they will finish at 5-7 (UGA last game).

Absolute best case is 7-5 and we fall into the Sun Bowl

I think we will probably get the Military or Fenway Bowl

family in Annapolis would love the Military bowl maybe the universities commitment to the new center will help.

Hope VT lose the next two games so we will get a better bowl.
It’s possible, NC State is playing really well and UVA has improved and will play their butts off at home especially if Va Tech needs it to get to 6

Why do fans still care about bowl games? It’s like watching a spring game that’s supposed to mean something but doesn’t. So I guess it’s exactly like a spring game. With the portal the guys you want to watch play have left the team and anyone declaring for the draft is likely going to sit.

Why do fans still care about bowl games?
Some of my family’s favorite memories are attending bowl games. You make a vacation out of it and for many years we won every time. It’s so much fun, particularly when in warm climates.

Yes it’s a glorified exhibition but it’s a blast for fans during the crappy winter months. I care very much about bowl games

Although I agree the amount of guys sitting these days stinks

Last edited:
Fair… but still no one since P has accomplished the feat. Given what we know now, I don’t think revisionist history supports P being let go.

If we make a bowl, I don’t think they pull the trigger.
Please say it ain't so Joe.

Why do fans still care about bowl games? It’s like watching a spring game that’s supposed to mean something but doesn’t. So I guess it’s exactly like a spring game. With the portal the guys you want to watch play have left the team and anyone declaring for the draft is likely going to sit.
I relish any opportunity to watch Syracuse football. Bad times and good..

Some of my family’s favorite memories are attending bowl games. You make a vacation out of it and for many years we won every time. It’s so much fun, particularly when in warm climates.

Yes it’s a glorified exhibition but it’s a blast for fans during the crappy winter months. I care very much about bowl games

Agree with the warm weather ones for sure but I've only done that once. I love going to bowl games, even in cold weather. My sons and I have enjoyed every Pinstripe bowl. I'm actually very intrigued to go to Fenway if it ends up that way.

I can understand that and if my bowl games were tied to a vacation I could see caring a lot less about the “competitive” aspect of it all. Or how that has kind of died out. For me, since my NFL team sucks, an SU bowl is like a Super Bowl. A day that nothing else in the world happens except the bowl game and preparation to watch it. For me, all that has disappeared. The importance of it. The last one I watched but it felt more like an exhibition game. Not fully invested, watching because it’s on but not too much behind that. I loved seeing LQA tear things up so that was fun. Not crapping on the players or anything related to SU in any way. Crapping on the direction CFB in general has gone.

Why do some people like to bike after dark?

Questioning the validity of a bowl game is like questioning the validity of SU fandom itself. Cuse is completely irrelevant with no chance of being relevant, yet I watch them anyway. If we apply logic to a bowl game, then we’d have to apply logic to why we follow SU sports at all. Yeah, I like cheering for my school, but if we’re being honest, it’s completely devoid of reason. We’re not competing for anything, at all. People make fun of me for following this team through futility for decades. They’re right, it’s completely nonsensical. But, since I do care, I’ll take whatever bowl game we may land in and be very happy with some non-traditional matchup thank you very much. It’s all you can do as an SU. Stop and smell the roses whenever you can. (now, I’m not so convinced we’re going bowling but that’s another story)

The entire point of FBS football is bowl games, it’s literally in the name. I get that some people aren’t interested in them, but I’m not sure why they seem to be so vocal and seemingly even against them.

Nothing like bowl games, gives us something to look forward to around Christmas and extends the entire college football season for a month. We went to our first bowl game last year and had a blast even though we lost .

The fact that our AD has set it as the goal, as well as many (admittedly not all) players looking forward to them proves they are not only not meaningless, but in indeed very meaningful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom