2023 Bowl Projections thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Bowl Projections thread

They only had 5 ‘home’ games that season.

Two at Rich Stadoim.

Two at Giants Stadium.

And one in Ithaca.

Pretty impressive to win 6 with that schedule and the talent on that team.

That was Maloney's best team. If he had a regular home slate they probably go 8-3.

The BC loss was inexcusable. If I remember we got jobbed at Pitt.

Last edited:
whats funny is just 2 years ago? maybe 3, maybe 1...all we talked about was getting bowl eligible.

now even that is not good enough for this Board.

SMH
Yeah with the same coach after a 1 win season. What did you expect us to talk about, NC’s?

Yeah with the same coach after a 1 win season. What did you expect us to talk about, NC’s?
we need 10 straigth years of 6 or 7 win seasons and a crappy bowl ending to begin to doubt the NC thing.

we have 1 bowl every 6 or 7 years and now thats not good enough??...

we are demanding going right to the bowl playoffs??

we need 10 straigth years of 6 or 7 win seasons and a crappy bowl ending to begin to doubt the NC thing.

we have 1 bowl every 6 or 7 years and now thats not good enough??...

we are demanding going right to the bowl playoffs??
Part of being successful is rising expectations. I mean if you’re ambitious.

whats funny is just 2 years ago? maybe 3, maybe 1...all we talked about was getting bowl eligible.

SMH

Just because you’re a Giants fan doesn’t mean you have to have low expectations for SU football too.

Just because you’re a Giants fan doesn’t mean you have to have low expectations for SU football too.
the Giants...4 straight DECADES OF WINNING 1 SUPER BOWL.

no other team in history is that close.

why have Syracuse fans all of sudden begun to expect not just New Years 6 bowls, but the Final 4???

20 years of shlitty football now give them the right to think that way??

no, being a moron does.

SMH
Yeah look, I don't apologize for it. I banged the drum for years (years!) that before the season if we could choose between whatever happens for real, and a guaranteed 6 wins and a bowl appearance, we should take the 6 wins every time. I do think we should be happy with bowl appearances.

But I've also seen Dino abandon the things that made him fun and make some really, really terrible decisions repeatedly, and given the overall lack of success, there's just no benefit of the doubt anymore. I was a Dino believer. I'm not anymore.

I still maintain that the best case scenario is we qualify for a bowl and use it as a spring board to a new HC next season.

the Giants...4 straight DECADES OF WINNING 1 SUPER BOWL.

no other team in history is that close.

why have Syracuse fans all of sudden begun to expect not just New Years 6 bowls, but the Final 4???

20 years of shlitty football now give them the right to think that way??

no, being a moron does.

You sound like a Rutgers fan trying to convince themselves their NFL team is good.

It’s sad and pathetic. You can do better. You don’t have to demean yourself on a public board. You’re acting like the guy who lets his friends whizz on him at parties for acceptance. Come on, pull yourself together. Nobody thinks you can do it but at least try. Try for Sammie your dog at least.

You sound like a Rutgers fan trying to convince themselves their NFL team is good.

It’s sad and pathetic. You can do better. You don’t have to demean yourself on a public board. You’re acting like the guy who lets his friends whizz on him at parties for acceptance. Come on, pull yourself together. Nobody thinks you can do it but at least try. Try for Sammie your dog at least.

The guy is a perineal troll

So no surprise here really

So from my assessment: Syracuse and Virginia Tech have a solid chance of bowl eligibility. Georgia Tech also has a good chance too. They need to beat Cuse on Saturday. Wake Forest has a small chance if they can get to 5-7.

Guaranteed 10 slots at moment
ACC (10): Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Louisville, Miami (FL), NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, winner of Syracuse–Georgia Tech game on November 18

Could still make it last week of the season:
Loser of Syracuse–Georgia Tech game on November 18
Virginia Tech one win away

5-7 teams
APR list

Wake Forest best chance to get an invite (have to beat either ND or Cuse) at 5 wins.
GTech has a fair chance to get a slot at 5 wins
Syracuse has virtually no chance to get in with 5 wins due to a mediocre APR.

I predict 12 ACC Bowl Participants (includes ND) with a fair chance at 13 or even 14.

D-1 move-ups JMU and Jacksonville St will get invites before any 5-7 team

Last edited:
So from my assessment: Syracuse and Virginia Tech have a solid chance of bowl eligibility. Georgia Tech also has a good chance too. They need to beat Cuse on Saturday. Wake Forest has a small chance if they can get to 5-7.

Guaranteed 10 slots at moment
ACC (10): Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Louisville, Miami (FL), NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, winner of Syracuse–Georgia Tech game on November 18

Could still make it last week:
Loser of Syracuse–Georgia Tech game on November 18
Virginia Tech one win away

5-7 teams
APR list

Wake Forest best chance to get an invite (have to beat either ND or Cuse)
GTech has a fair chance to get a slot at 5 wins

I predict 12 ACC Bowl Participants (includes ND) with a fair chance at 13 or even 14.

D-1 move-ups JMU and Jacksonville St will get invites before any 5-7 team

Wake isn't beating ND and GT isn't beating Georgia.

Which means there's no chance that GT, SU, and Wake could all make a bowl.

SU beats GT, GT is out.

GT beats SU, SU must beat Wake.

SU beats Wake, Wake is out.

SU wins out, down to 11 (including ND).

Expecting more than 6 Ws in year 8 against this schedule is going too far, I guess.
It's just bizarre how little accountability is expected from someone making multi millions per year.

I guarantee there's more accountability expected from the guy cutting their lawn, raking their leaves, etc lol.

Expecting more than 6 Ws in year 8 against this schedule is going too far, I guess.
I saw a quote in one of the aTm articles I read earlier this week from a board/trustee/donor or whatever about Jimbo…

“If he goes 8-4 in yr six, what’s that going to prove?”

I mean they get it. They think their ceiling is hire. What is Syracuse ceiling? 6-6 with 2 conf wins? That’s what the admin has to ask themselves.

I don’t have the slightest idea what the hell you are talking about??

So Syracuse should be contending for a NC every year?

We are peers with Bama, LSU, Florida, Michigan, Ohio St, Texas, Oklahoma???

Is that what you are telling me??

Good faluking lord.

IMG_8922.jpeg

247 Sports

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Amon G. Carter Stadium (Fort Worth, Texas)
3:30 p.m., ABC and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Syracuse vs. Army
Schlabach: Iowa State vs. Navy

Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl
Independence Stadium (Shreveport, Louisiana)
9:15 p.m., ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Iowa State vs. Cal
Schlabach: Texas Tech vs. Syracuse

Latest ESPN.

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Amon G. Carter Stadium (Fort Worth, Texas)
3:30 p.m., ABC and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Syracuse vs. Army
Schlabach: Iowa State vs. Navy

Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl
Independence Stadium (Shreveport, Louisiana)
9:15 p.m., ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Iowa State vs. Cal
Schlabach: Texas Tech vs. Syracuse

Latest ESPN.
Mr. Bonagura is not too familiar with SU’s 2023 football schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom