2023 Bowl Projections thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Bowl Projections thread

Jackson St is FCS. Maybe Jacksonville State?
I think both get a shot at bowls if there aren’t enough 6 win teams. Then the 5 win teams with the best APRs get next shot

IMG_8945.jpeg
Sporting News

Birmingham Bowl vs. bowl qualifier in Birmingham, Alabama: Syracuse. If Syracuse makes a bowl game it will stagger into it on the heels of firing its head coach. With so little momentum, the Orange seems like it should be the last pick.

ACC does not have a direct tie in with the Armed Forces Bowl. The ACC has 11 bowl eligible teams and 12 tie ins. It would be very unusual to have us play in the Armed Forces Bowl.
Agree. Looks like they are affiliated loosely with the B12, the AAC, CUSA and the P12.

Army is also available to be picked and given the bowl, it plays there regularly. They are 5-6 and if they beat Navy next week, will probably end up here. I expect Army to win.

If Army gets selected, there is no way they would match them up with Syracuse again in the same season.

But Syracuse is becoming increasingly important to the Armed Services with its Veterans Center. That might play a role in getting Syracuse selected, assuming Army goes elsewhere.

That said, the game is scheduled for December 23rd. So it doesn’t have a great advantage over Tampa date wise. My guess is that the kids want to play in the best weather possible. Tampa wins over Fort Worth. I think,

Unless the team really likes Texas BBQ…..

Will we have enough players to field a team with the injuries, opt-outs and players in portal?

Not sure how the tie is broken but if Wake had beaten us yesterday they had the same APR as Minnesota. Clawson may have cost them a bowl by going for the two when they were down 4. Thank goodness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom