(6) Johns Hopkins vs. IVY/Princeton

Annapolis, Md.
(7) Yale vs. Denver
(2) Virginia vs. ATLANTIC 10/Richmond

Last three in: Yale, Cornell, Denver

First three out: Penn, Michigan, North Carolina

Moving in: Army, Princeton

Moving out: Boston University, Penn

Conference call: ACC (3), Big Ten (3), Ivy (3), Big East (2)

Annapolis, Md.
(1) Duke vs. CAA/Delaware-MAAC/Marist
(8) BIG EAST/Georgetown vs. Cornell

Albany, N.Y.
(5) Penn State vs. PATRIOT/Army
(4) BIG TEN/Maryland vs. AMERICA EAST/Bryant

Albany, N.Y.
(3) Notre Dame vs. ATLANTIC SUN/Utah
(6) Johns Hopkins vs. IVY/Princeton

Annapolis, Md.
(7) Yale vs. Denver

Last three in: Yale, Cornell, Denver

First three out: Penn, Michigan, North Carolina

Moving in: Army, Princeton

Moving out: Boston University, Penn

Conference call: ACC (3), Big Ten (3), Ivy (3), Big East (2)
I'll say it again, UMD and JHU in Annapolis puts a lot more fannies in seats there than Duke and UVa do.

6456587518938.png

I'll say it again, UMD and JHU in Annapolis puts a lot more fannies in seats there than Duke and UVa do.
Except--if they get the #4 and #5 seeds, they would be bracketed to play each other in the QF's. That would be the third face-to-face in a month. It may not be very appealing to some.

Except--if they get the #4 and #5 seeds, they would be bracketed to play each other in the QF's. That would be the third face-to-face in a month. It may not be very appealing to some.
Agree. Move Yale to 5, PSU to 7, and JHU to 6.

it would be the highest rated and best attended game of the quarterfinals. they will and should bracket them together if they get the opportunity

it would be the highest rated and best attended game of the quarterfinals. they will and should bracket them together if they get the opportunity
Because so many people root hard against one or the other (or both)? ;)

Feel they are really pushing for uva maryland to end up playing again. Like that’s the new game to watch last two years.

So if Yale wins tomorrow do they get up to a 6 seed even with finishing 3rd in the ivy?

So if Yale wins tomorrow do they get up to a 6 seed even with finishing 3rd in the ivy?
no. i would be surprised

if they win, they'll be the 7 or 8 seed. if they lose, they'll be on the road. their RPI doenst look like it will finish higher than #7 even if they win

Mich in knocks Denver most likely.

if Princeton wins does Yale get a seed over Princeton and Cornell who finished ahead of them?

Cornell a top 5-6 team all yr almost falling out of this with the loss to Yale.

Albany, N.Y.
(1) Duke vs. CAA/Delaware-MAAC/Marist
(8) Yale vs. BIG TEN/Michigan

Annapolis, Md.
(5) Maryland vs. PATRIOT/Army
(4) Johns Hopkins vs. AMERICA EAST/Bryant

Albany, N.Y.
(3) Notre Dame vs. ATLANTIC SUN/Utah
(6) Penn State vs. IVY/Princeton

Annapolis, Md.
(7) BIG EAST/Georgetown vs. Cornell

Last three in: Penn State, Yale, Cornell

First three out: Denver, Penn, Rutgers

Moving in: Michigan

Moving out: Denver

Conference call: Big Ten (4), ACC (3), Ivy League (3)

Our board's resident bracketotologist has:
1. Duke vs. Marist/Delaware
8. Yale/Denver

5. Maryland/Army
4. JHU/Richmond

3. ND/Utah or Air Force
6. Georgetown/Michigan

7. PSU/Cornell
2. UVa/Bryant

It's 4 flights (for Denver, Utah/Air Force, Michigan, and Bryant) but it's pretty much unavoidable.

Our board's resident bracketotologist has:
1. Duke vs. Marist/Delaware
8. Yale/Denver

5. Maryland/Army
4. JHU/Richmond

3. ND/Utah or Air Force
6. Georgetown/Michigan

7. PSU/Cornell
2. UVa/Bryant

It's 4 flights (for Denver, Utah/Air Force, Michigan, and Bryant) but it's pretty much unavoidable.
Maryland feels to high at 5, but maybe that’s not how it works out with RPI and what not. Wonder if GTown and Maryland could flip in this scenario since the flight formula would not change.

Maryland feels to high at 5, but maybe that’s not how it works out with RPI and what not. Wonder if GTown and Maryland could flip in this scenario since the flight formula would not change.
Last time I looked Maryland had 6 top 20 victories with top 5 wins over UVA and JHU, plus the #4 SOS.

Not having a conference tournament is criminal. Look how many top seeds went down. Don't say SU just had to beat Duke or Virginia to make it. A tournament is totally different.

One thing that bothers me, and correct me if I’m wrong… why Does the stat not rotate with the team?
Meaning if you beat a team that is in the top five they end up losing a couple games during the year end up being ranked 12th why do you get the credit for having a top five win against the number 12 team
Just wondering

Last time I looked Maryland had 6 top 20 victories with top 5 wins over UVA and JHU, plus the #4 SOS.

GTown is a hair ahead of them on RPI. Think that makes it at least possible. Loyola is the only loss between the two teams that is below 20 RPI. You're not a Maryland supporter right? ;)

One thing that bothers me, and correct me if I’m wrong… why Does the stat not rotate with the team?
Meaning if you beat a team that is in the top five they end up losing a couple games during the year end up being ranked 12th why do you get the credit for having a top five win against the number 12 team
Just wondering
Yeah I don't understand that either. Should be wherever that team finishes the season. They could be ranked high early like Loyola was then lost to avg teams.

Rankings in say week 5 means absolutely nothing so no one should get credit for a top 5 win.

Yeah I don't understand that either. Should be wherever that team finishes the season. They could be ranked high early like Loyola was then lost to avg teams.
And also reverse
Team starts out 12 you beat them then they going to win streak get in the top five but you only get a credit when they’re 12
It just doesn’t make sense to me

Us playing two ACC teams twice is was our conference tournament this year. It really is not that much different. We are also going back to the tourney next year.
It's different just because a tournament is a whole new level. I don't think we win I'm not saying that but u never know. Just the whol environment of a tournament some teams choke as we seen the last few days. Thank god next yr there going back to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom