Women's Lacrosse - 2023 Fall Ball | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse 2023 Fall Ball

24 cards handed out in this fall ball game. Thanks to the new Body check rule.

Yeah this is gonna be a problem I wish they would adopt the AU model it seems to be a much better version of the game. I have to wonder how long the game can continue without helmet and pads stick technology and the dedicated athletes that play the game have evolved to the point where the likelihood hood of someone getting seriously injured seems inevitable. These ladies are now shooting incredibly hard. I love the women’s game as it is I just think the athletes who play it may outgrow it’s current protective format

Any reports on the game yesterday?
Finally got a third hand report from a Hopkins fan/family, so take it for what it’s worth…

Both teams had some sloppiness and adjusting to the green cards. Probably 10-12 called during the game. Hopkins started off well, mainly due to winning a lot of draws to start. Angelo was able to consistently win her matchup and create scoring opportunities. I’d expect a big year for her. Hop up 6-2 at end of q1 but down 9-8 at half. Cuse subbed a bunch of starters out at half but Hopkins kept most of theirs in for some of q3 and regained the lead. In the end Cuse won something like 19-14, just too much depth for Hopkins to contend with in Q4. Thought the new goalie for Hopkins (from NW) played really well in first half. The offense looked pretty good and was able to generate a lot of good looks. As for Cuse, they had 6-8 girls in sweats on sideline including some headliners. On the field, both goalies were strong, the second half goalie probably was the biggest factor (along with 33 on draws) in the win. They have a lot of depth at attack, the girls they put on the field in q4 would probably play for 85% of d1 teams.

Finally got a third hand report from a Hopkins fan/family, so take it for what it’s worth…

Both teams had some sloppiness and adjusting to the green cards. Probably 10-12 called during the game. Hopkins started off well, mainly due to winning a lot of draws to start. Angelo was able to consistently win her matchup and create scoring opportunities. I’d expect a big year for her. Hop up 6-2 at end of q1 but down 9-8 at half. Cuse subbed a bunch of starters out at half but Hopkins kept most of theirs in for some of q3 and regained the lead. In the end Cuse won something like 19-14, just too much depth for Hopkins to contend with in Q4. Thought the new goalie for Hopkins (from NW) played really well in first half. The offense looked pretty good and was able to generate a lot of good looks. As for Cuse, they had 6-8 girls in sweats on sideline including some headliners. On the field, both goalies were strong, the second half goalie probably was the biggest factor (along with 33 on draws) in the win. They have a lot of depth at attack, the girls they put on the field in q4 would probably play for 85% of d1 teams.
I wonder if 33 on draws is Joely Caramelli

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom