2023 Fall Ball | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Fall Ball

The Sports Info staff is really holding out on the Trey Deere & Owen Hiltz content!

Anyone know what role Carter Kempney has on this team now? Highly rated freshman coming in, but always felt like he could make a huge impact as SSDM on this team.

The Sports Info staff is really holding out on the Trey Deere & Owen Hiltz content!

Anyone know what role Carter Kempney has on this team now? Highly rated freshman coming in, but always felt like he could make a huge impact as SSDM on this team.
Pretty sure Hiltz and Kohn are out right now.

Pretty sure Hiltz and Kohn are out right now.

Thought that might be the case, in the video that was posted a little while back Kohn was not in pads during his close up.

If so, can I ask what makes the team think the face-off situation will be much improved? I kind of assumed that meant Kohn had been tearing it up at practice. Has someone else? Thanks.

Thought that might be the case, in the video that was posted a little while back Kohn was not in pads during his close up.

If so, can I ask what makes the team think the face-off situation will be much improved? I kind of assumed that meant Kohn had been tearing it up at practice. Has someone else? Thanks.

Kohn and the true frosh, staff sky high on both.

I’m sure it is minor for both Hiltz and Kohn. Will hopefully give Deere Mule and Leo a chance to see what the left wing on attack is like. Great to hear the freshman Mullin is doing well at the X. Haven't had reliable depth there since Varello and Phaup under the old faceoff rules in 2019/20.

Mullin may be the strongest guy on the team. Leo is doing very well at midfield. Was told right now it’s Joey, Deere and Mule going against what is believed to be the ones on D.

Both Hiltz and Kohn have minor injuries that are being rehabbed.

Last edited:
Mullin may be the strongest guy on the team. Leo is doing very well at midfield. Was told right now it’s Joey, Deere and Mule going against what is believed to be the ones on D.

Both Hilts and Kohn have minor injuries that are being rehabbed.

Strongest in the weight room or at the X (or maybe both)?

Any insight on Kempney? Titus and Spallina seem to already be making a mark at SSDM, but was curious if they’d move an athlete like Carter over there as well given our influx of talent at the midfield

Spallina can still do his thing from the wing just as well as from X. I actually almost liked some the looks he got from up top more than when he started from X. That picked up later in the season. Looking like he could be the only righty on the attack line next season and that is A ok.

Great to hear that Deere is getting a serious look already

Strongest in the weight room or at the X (or maybe both)?

Any insight on Kempney? Titus and Spallina seem to already be making a mark at SSDM, but was curious if they’d move an athlete like Carter over there as well given our influx of talent at the midfield

Don't believe Kempney is being moved at this point.

Both Hiltz and Kohn have minor injuries that are being rehabbed.

Nice, thanks for sharing. I assume Deere probably gets replaced by Hiltz when he comes back, but good experience for the freshman. Lots of talent on that attack line for sure. On paper if it's Hiltz, Spallina and Mule, that's one of the better passing units of recent memory. Perhaps Mule reverts back to more of a finisher but the ball should be humming.

I don't want to overstep here, and I know you can't give a full scouting report, but any idea what the defensive hierarchy is at this point? I feel like you could throw out any three names and not sure I'd be surprised. Thanks again.

Nice, thanks for sharing. I assume Deere probably gets replaced by Hiltz when he comes back, but good experience for the freshman. Lots of talent on that attack line for sure. On paper if it's Hiltz, Spallina and Mule, that's one of the better passing units of recent memory. Perhaps Mule reverts back to more of a finisher but the ball should be humming.

I don't want to overstep here, and I know you can't give a full scouting report, but any idea what the defensive hierarchy is at this point? I feel like you could throw out any three names and not sure I'd be surprised. Thanks again.
Not too many teams running 2 lefties at attack.

5. Who Won The Transfer Portal?
A likely candidate is Syracuse, which has two stellar midfielders from Princeton in Sam English and Jake Stevens. That’s in addition to Christian Mule, Matt Wright, face-off help from Tufts’ Mason Kohn and others.

9. Is Syracuse Fully Back?
The transfers the Orange brought in this season are the real deal. Jake Stevens and Sam English bolster a midfield that all of the sudden has impressive depth. Christian Mulé can score in bunches coming from Lehigh. Matt Wright brings ACC experience from Chapel Hill as another athletic pole to create quite the tandem with Saam Olexo. Joey Spallina was busy learning how his Canadian teammates see the game through his OJLL Jr. A experience with the Northmen this summer, which should only bolster offensive chemistry for coaches Gary Gait and Pat March. Will Mark is back to provide a steady brick wall in between the pipes, too. The ‘Cuse fans should be excited, it’s as complete as a team can be. How many more wins can the Orange get from their 8-7 record in ‘23?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom