2023 Horse Racing | Syracusefan.com

2023 Horse Racing

phillydad

Scout Team
Prep season is here. I like #8 Rocket Can in the Holy Bull. Mott barn has been hot and I like horses working at Payson. Like Art Collector. M/L 7/2, might not get that.

Makes me want to watch Let it Ride “You like the odds on lightning Looney?”

Last edited:
Prep season is here. I like #8 Rocket Can in the Holy Bull. Mott barn has been hot and I like horses working at Payson. Like Art Collector. M/L 7/2, might not get that.
Good call. Not a bad price in the end. Tapit Trice, who won an allowance race on the undercard, looks like a good one. Pletcher is taking his time with him. Might see him in the Belmont or Travers down the road.

Was at Churchill several years ago and as a horse is coming down the stretch taking the lead a guy next to me is screaming “Put him in the washing machine put him in the washing machine”.
I was just curious as to whether or not that is a saying horse players use or just some random thing the guy was saying.
Anyhow I say it all the time now if I have a horse that looks like it’s going to win.

Anybody know what happened to a Shug trained horse named Capture the Flag? Won a Saratoga MSW with something like an 84 speed figure. Haven’t seen him since.

Anybody know what happened to a Shug trained horse named Capture the Flag? Won a Saratoga MSW with something like an 84 speed figure. Haven’t seen him since.
He does not appear to be in training anywhere at this time.

Was at Churchill several years ago and as a horse is coming down the stretch taking the lead a guy next to me is screaming “Put him in the washing machine put him in the washing machine”.
I was just curious as to whether or not that is a saying horse players use or just some random thing the guy was saying.
Anyhow I say it all the time now if I have a horse that looks like it’s going to win.

That's a new one for me!

Thanks.

I thought I read somewhere that he was going to be off for a while. Forgot about him and for all the nice 2 year olds that debut at Saratoga every summer I remember reading that the eventual Kentucky Derby winners rarely debut at Saratoga which I found odd. Like one horse over the past 50 years or something type rare. I will have to look it up again.

I thought I read somewhere that he was going to be off for a while. Forgot about him and for all the nice 2 year olds that debut at Saratoga every summer I remember reading that the eventual Kentucky Derby winners rarely debut at Saratoga which I found odd. Like one horse over the past 50 years or something type rare. I will have to look it up again.
Interesting, please post if you hear anything.

Full field of 12 today for the Sammy Davis at Tampa. Looking at #3 Classic Legacy, good value at M/L 12-1, out of the hot Mott barn.

Full field of 12 today for the Sammy Davis at Tampa. Looking at #3 Classic Legacy, good value at M/L 12-1, out of the hot Mott barn.
Good race to take a shot. The favorite will be bet down off a number earned a sloppy track and is certainly vulnerable. Great trainer who brings them along gradually and somehow often wins at big prices. Mott's horse in the Withers will also be a square price in a relatively weak looking field.

Twitter is blocked here so sorry for the repost. I see that scum bag Baffert got reinstated in NY.

Twitter is blocked here so sorry for the repost. I see that scum bag Baffert got reinstated in NY.

His suspension in NY expired at end of 2022 but Kentucky Courts ruled that Churchill Downs suspension stands and won't be lifted through 2023. Thus, horses trained by him still can't earn Derby points either.

Last edited:
Big prep weekend. The only one I have looked at so far is the FOY. Interesting to see how BC Juv winner Forte debuts as a 3yo. I like #6 Blazing Sevens out of that race. Will look past top two Holy Bull finishers, in a need the points mode.

Gotta do it - a cult classic. The characters make the movie.

The Florida Derby was one of the mos exciting races I've ever seen that I didn't bet on. Forte continues his path as the Derby favorite . What a race.

Forte at 1-5 was a no bet. Went after him with Mage and Cyclone and both ran him at the quarter pole and he goes 5 wide and runs them both down.. he is gonna be a tough horse to beat in the Derby if he can do that in kentucky

for awhile i thought I had the win and the Ex and a nice triple.. o well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom