2023 NFL Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Their D vs. our O is such a mismatch.

That’s just a horrible decision by Jones.

As a Cowboys fan this might be one the best defensive units we have had in a long time. That said NY still looks just awful. Look like they think it's still pre season.

All that said I think it's been more the Steelers front office than Tomlin.
There's probably some truth to that. 10-15 years ago the Steeler personnel people had a top flight rep for being astute evaluators of talent. Tomlin benefited from that btw. Agreed that more recently the front office has not gotten the job done.

As a Cowboys fan this might be one the best defensive units we have had in a long time. That said NY still looks just awful. Look like they think it's still pre season.
Our defense has had basically no chance.

Just a complete meltdown by our offense since the 3rd and 2 false start by Thomas on the first drive. We’ve literally not won one play since then on offense.

Completely abandoned the game plan on drive 2 when it was 6-0. So dumb.

If Dallas scores again, Giants fans can start walking to the parking lot to beat traffic. This is not worth sitting in the rain.

There's probably some truth to that. 10-15 years ago the Steeler personnel people had a top flight rep for being astute evaluators of talent. Tomlin benefited from that btw. Agreed that more recently the front office has not gotten the job done.

The effort to find Big Ben's replacement has been a massive failure

Our defense has had basically no chance.

Just a complete meltdown by our offense since the 3rd and 2 false start by Thomas on the first drive. We’ve literally not won one play since then on offense.

Completely abandoned the game plan on drive 2 when it was 6-0. So dumb.

The decision making by Jones should be much better at this point in his career as well.

Just speaking generally, there is a tendency to overreact to the first week's results. A lot of rust and sloppy play. NFL is a schizo league, which is actually part of its charm.

Yep. I've always treated even both week 1 and 2 as glad football season is back and hope for no major injuries. Otherwise it's most teams getting their main guys into the season.

I can't imagine being a Chargers fan. It never ends.
Same. I've been watching them lose that exact game vs teams I hate for 40 years. JC Jackson, LOl. Do they sign low IQ players or do they become stupid when they put the uniform on? What a loser franchise.

That comparison to JB probably works better than you think. Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in each of the last six seasons. Kinda similar to JB's run over the last half decade.

To be fair I know Tomlin is an accomplished coach but I've never viewed him as an elite coach like many others have. Seen him get outcoached numerous times in big spots over the last several years.
Home playoff Ls to David Girrard & Baker Mayfield too.
Banking a SB early in your career does wonders. Good thing for him Brady got hurt that year.
He's pretty much McCarthy without the group-think media smears.

as a Bengal fan I would swap Zac Taylor for Tomlin in a second.

It seems the Bengals are always going to be slow starters. Burrow missing time in the preseason the last two years certainly doesn't help but I doubt Burrow has a game that bad until probably the 1st game of the year next year.

I felt like everyone was on the Steelers yesterday, I didn't bet it but seemed like they had a lot of steam going into the game.

Already reading lots of "Bengals always start slow" takes. Maybe that's true but they killed the Steelers in the stats last year and lost with turnovers & missed kicks. That's not the same to me as getting curbstomped like they did in this game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom