2023 NY Football Giants Season Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NY Football Giants Season Thread

GDR6u6cWgAAXZUO

The Giants also fired offensive line coach Bobby Johnson, per Brian Daboll. O-line development just wasn’t there.

Coach Daboll on staff changes: I want to thank Bobby Johnson and Thomas McGaughey. I respect both of those guys and their commitment to the team. But we wanted to make a change.

Coach Daboll: My expectation is Wink Martindale and Mike Kafka will remain on the staff.

Coach Daboll also noted that RB coach Jeff Nixon has been hired by Syracuse to be their offensive coordinator.

GM Joe Schoen: Everything we do in the organization is going to be evaluated during this time...the entire process, we are going to evaluate. And we'll be better off for it.

GM Joe Schoen: Overall this is a good draft. Where we are picking - 4 picks in the top 70 - I'm excited about that to impact the roster and it gives us currency to move around.

GM Joe Schoen on bringing in a quarterback this offseason: There's always a chance Daniel Jones is not ready by Week 1. So we need to hope for the best but plan for all possibilities.

GM Joe Schoen on injuries: We're in the process of looking for a new strength and conditioning coach (after Craig Fitzgerald was hired by Florida). Every year we want to get better in terms of preventing injuries.

The best thing that happened to the Giants this year was we have their running backs coach!

Not a Giants fan but if you are, you'll enjoy these. I grew up a (Jim) Browns fan and the Giants beat us like a drum in these years but I'm still nostalgic for the early days of my football fandom, which began in 1961. I remember watching a lot of these games, (especially since they Giants games were always on first, then the national game later in the afternoon).

1961:

1962: 1962 NFL SEASON REVIEW N.Y. Giants

1963: 1963 NFL SEASON REVIEW N.Y. Giants

Later. Way overpaid for him
I like Saquon but not for those terms. He's only 27, but an old 27, having already played six seasons and somewhat injury prone. Had some really good seasons but statwise, his best was his rookie year. It's the NFL. You root for the logo. Not the players who will sell their soul for a $1.

I like Saquon but not for those terms. He's only 27, but an old 27, having already played six seasons and somewhat injury prone. Had some really good seasons but statwise, his best was his rookie year. It's the NFL. You root for the logo. Not the players who will sell their soul for a $1.

Agreed. Time to move on and continue to invest in the offensive line.

Agreed. Time to move on and continue to invest in the offensive line.
I've been a Giants fan since 1968. The Tarkenton to Homer Jones days. They've been investing in the offensive line since then and have wasted many high draft picks starting with John Hicks in 1974. I could probably count on one hand how many seasons the OL was an asset, not counting a few Super Bowl years. In fact, I'm going to see how many times the OL had a Pro Bowler. It can't be that many.

I've been a Giants fan since 1968. The Tarkenton to Homer Jones days. They've been investing in the offensive line since then and have wasted many high draft picks starting with John Hicks in 1974. I could probably count on one hand how many seasons the OL was an asset, not counting a few Super Bowl years. In fact, I'm going to see how many times the OL had a Pro Bowler. It can't be that many.
The Giants have had eight different offensive linemen make the Pro Bowl since 1969, for a total of 16 selections. Five years (90,93,08,09,10) the Giants had multiple selections. That is so sad when you think about how many great defensive players the team has had, plus how important the running game always was. Way too many gap years.

Brad Benson 1986
Bart Oates 1990, 1991, 1993
William Roberts 1990
Jumbo Elliott 1993
Ron Stone 2000, 2001
Chris Snee 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012
Shaun O'Hara 2008, 2009, 2010
David Diehl 2009

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member