2023 PGA Tour | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2023 PGA Tour

Michael Kim is an interesting Twitter follow by the way.

Here is an interesting stat that he posted. Rory's close rate of 55% is actually well above average, but perhaps we expect to much from him because of the Tiger legacy.

That being said I would be interested in knowing what the close rate is for other players with 10+ career wins. Perhaps these players are also higher than 55%.

Last edited:
Did you do any 2 way (top 5 bets at 1/4 or 1/5)... Brandon Todd would seem to be a good bet in that regard? Or perhaps just straight top 5 or top 10.
Took +750 top 20. I have no idea if he makes the cut but if he does it isn’t crazy to think that he competes for front page of the leaderboard.

Golf is fun because you grow weird affinities for guys at a way higher rate than other sports.

Who ya got in the Open Championship this week? I’d like to see Spieth and Fowler do well, but the field is strong and wonder if Rory can win 2 events in a row. And will Rahm rise up?

Took +750 top 20. I have no idea if he makes the cut but if he does it isn’t crazy to think that he competes for front page of the leaderboard.

Golf is fun because you grow weird affinities for guys at a way higher rate than other sports.
I've never "shopped" the odds, but Rory is +575 on Caesers and +650 on Fan Duel, so was a no brainer. From now on, I will be looking a lot closer.

after you win the billion in power ball wed night the $25 you made in shopping Rory wont seem like much.
Rory is now +750 on Fan Duel, with Scottie the favorite at +650. I'm hoping to win both the Power Ball and the Open Championship.

Man am I excited for both tournaments this week. Obviously more so the major but it’s nice to have a smaller event in the background.

Think I’m going to wake up early and get a few hours in before work the next couple of days. Hopefully nothing important comes across my desk until Monday. Lol

It’s too nice today at the Open!! Blue skies and barely a breeze. YUCK!!!
Give it another day or two. It will be more to your liking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230720_054312_Money.jpg
    Screenshot_20230720_054312_Money.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 17
Put $10 each on these long shots
Tony Finau 55-1
Dechambeau 55-1
Matsuyama 60-1
MW Lee 80-1
Byeong Hun-An 120-1

Put $10 each on these long shots
Tony Finau 55-1
Dechambeau 55-1
Matsuyama 60-1
MW Lee 80-1
Byeong Hun-An 120-1
In addition to bets on Rory (+650) and Rahm (+1200), I threw $10 on Brian Harman at +12500. Not sure if he is capable of putting together four good rounds, but he's actually had a pretty good year so far, and I couldn't resist those odds.

Man he’s been a huge baby for months

The Inside The Open videos on The Open app are so good

In addition to bets on Rory (+650) and Rahm (+1200), I threw $10 on Brian Harman at +12500. Not sure if he is capable of putting together four good rounds, but he's actually had a pretty good year so far, and I couldn't resist those odds.
yup.. he has done well so far.. the expected bad weather today might be great for Harmon and Lee.

Harman is unwatchable. I’ll usually watch through on Sunday if my bets are dead but if he’s still on top I just can’t do it.

Harman is unwatchable. I’ll usually watch through on Sunday if my bets are dead but if he’s still on top I just can’t do it.
Wow imagine him paired with Patrick Cantlay.

LOL!!! He got more air time today than in the last 10 years combined.

Hatton trying to make us all feel better with those shots on 18 and he got lucky to miss the pot bunker as well.

View attachment 229462
All that I can think of watching him is my cats doing this for five minutes every time they lay down

I can't say its any better with the younger generation / lower tier of player

I was at the PGA Tour Canada event yesterday and some of the players were ridiculously slow / deliberate and given that I followed the first 2 groups of the afternon wave they were not impeded by others.

I can't say its any better with the younger generation / lower tier of player

I was at the PGA Tour Canada event yesterday and some of the players were ridiculously slow / deliberate and given that I followed the first 2 groups of the afternon wave they were not impeded by others.
These guys have 11 minutes between tee times. Where I play its nine minutes in between which seems to work well. I would love eleven minutes.

Security guard in my office is on Fleetwood and Scottie with me, might just spend my afternoon watching golf with him instead of writing appeals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom