2023 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Preseason Camp Thread

I have a feeling we’re going to have some all americans on D this year.

There’s a lot of speed and playmaking ability at each level. As Marlowe said in his recent interview, from what I’ve heard Jobity’s a natural disrupting the backfield, and he’s still fairly raw as a football player. A lot of talent growing in the edge and we’re deep in the middle.

I truly believe this is the best team we have put on the field in legit 20+ years. Does that mean we are going to win 9+? No. But I just keep coming back to 8-4. I think we are going to be a very strong team with depth all over the place.

This is the first year in many that i believe we have a solid two deep in almost every position. Keep Shrader healthy and we have a legitimate shot at beating every team we play. The D and Punter are that good that we are going to be hard to score on.

This is the first year in many that i believe we have a solid two deep in almost every position. Keep Shrader healthy and we have a legitimate shot at beating every team we play. The D and Punter are that good that we are going to be hard to score on.

Keeping GS on the field for the whole season will be key.

The offensive line makes me tentative to declare this the strongest team. Bergeron was the best offensive lineman SU has had in 20 years. Davis and Vett played a lot of football. We will have answers soon. Purdue on the road is no cake walk. Any road game vs Big Ten school is tough. Remember the slog fest in 2012 vs Minnesota.

I’m telling you, I’m placing a bet on Cuse to win the ACC championship.

Alford seems like he might be really getting it this season.

Kendall Long shocking people

OG is OG

If the OL can perform, I think we are in a great spot.

Many will laugh at that prediction but this team is legit and has a big chip on its shoulder for being pushed to the side and dumped on in the ACC with the caliber guys that they have

OG is OG

Many will laugh at that prediction but this team is legit and has a big chip on its shoulder for being pushed to the side and dumped on in the ACC with the caliber guys that they have
Love the confidence. Can't wait to see what happens when they visit Purdue. First big test.

OG is OG

I'm curious to see how UNC looks the first four weeks. They have one of the best QBs in the country, but there are so many question marks on defense.

Dino gives Clemson fits again and has the horses to get over the hump, UNC isn't what they're expected to be, and there's enough depth to get us through November.

Why not us?

Yup agreed. I think our WR play should be markedly improved. That is exciting. And i'll add that the QB's seems to be dropping some dimes all be it in highlight clips.

By the way Wake forest still has those types of WR's and I think that Griffis kid playing QB is going to be pretty good as well. He is small though so hopefully he gets banged up by the time we play them. They could get their stud #1 receiver back by then though. They are really deep at WR so that may not matter all that much. They really do a good job of developing players. That is another game on the schedule that many not informed think is just going to be an automatic W because Hartman isn't there any longer. It'll be a serious battle and that one can go either way.
A good goal is to be bowl eligible before that last game.

I'm curious to see how UNC looks the first four weeks. They have one of the best QBs in the country, but there are so many question marks on defense.

Also curious to see if Tez Walker ends up being eligible. For those that don't know he's a WR who transferred from Kent State. But that was technically his 2nd transfer because he originally enrolled at NC Central (FCS), then transferred to Kent State when NC Central cancelled their Covid year season. NCAA denied his instant eligibility and it's being appealed.

On the human side, I can see why it makes sense for him to be eligible now.

On the precedent side, I hope, for SU's sake, it doesn't open things up to immediately eligible two time transfers. Asterisks can be tricky.

Last edited:
I’m telling you, I’m placing a bet on Cuse to win the ACC championship

Placed a $200 bet on Cuse winning the ACC that pays $15000 a week ago.

Also made a $25 bet parlaying a Cuse ACC win with a Super Bowl win by my Titans that pays $150k, so I wouldn’t trust my judgment.

What can I say, optimism abounds in late August. It’s going to be a special year!

Placed a $200 bet on Cuse winning the ACC that pays $15000 a week ago.

Also made a $25 bet parlaying a Cuse ACC win with a Super Bowl win by my Titans that pays $150k, so I wouldn’t trust my judgment.

What can I say, optimism abounds in late August. It’s going to be a special year!
love the confidence.

I have a feeling we’re going to have some all americans on D this year.

There’s a lot of speed and playmaking ability at each level. As Marlowe said in his recent interview, from what I’ve heard Jobity’s a natural disrupting the backfield, and he’s still fairly raw as a football player. A lot of talent growing in the edge and we’re deep in the middle.
Jobity was making plays as a true freshman. Then in the spring game, he looked like he took a leap. I think he will have a nice career here. This year he should be a big part of the rotation.

Jobity was making plays as a true freshman. Then in the spring game, he looked like he took a leap. I think he will have a nice career here. This year he should be a big part of the rotation.
Agreed. Yeah I think he's probably the other starter opposite Okechukwu. Hated losing Geer but wouldn't be surprised if Jobity ends up being better than him. Couple inches shorter than him but in our 3 man front I don't think the extra height is quite as important. Love him and his potential.

Agreed. Yeah I think he's probably the other starter opposite Okechukwu. Hated losing Geer but wouldn't be surprised if Jobity ends up being better than him. Couple inches shorter than him but in our 3 man front I don't think the extra height is quite as important. Love him and his potential.

Love that he's up to 263 pounds. 2 inches shorter than Geer [but still not "small," at 6-4] but 20 pounds heavier.

Kid is going to be a beast in our system. Got a solid dose of PT last year, so he should be ready for a bigger role this year.

Love the confidence. Can't wait to see what happens when they visit Purdue. First big test.

Maybe the first test but we'll see how well the O-Line is developing vs the first 3 games. If those teams are making penetration behind scrimmage or Allen is struggling more often than we'd like to see Purdue will certainly be a huge test.

In other words, Allen should have holes to run through and Shrader should have time to look at multiple receivers and if both of those don't happen at a high rate, there may be some serious problems as the schedule gets more difficult.

Maybe the first test but we'll see how well the O-Line is developing vs the first 3 games. If those teams are making penetration behind scrimmage or Allen is struggling more often than we'd like to see Purdue will certainly be a huge test.

In other words, Allen should have holes to run through and Shrader should have time to look at multiple receivers and if both of those don't happen at a high rate, there may be some serious problems as the schedule gets more difficult.

Agreed.

On the other hand, having what equates to two tune-up games to open the season is a good way for that new group of OL to build confidence and have some early success. Also a good way to get guys in the two-deep some game experience.

But agree with your assessment. It will be a bad sign if the OL struggles in those games.

Agreed.

On the other hand, having what equates to two tune-up games to open the season is a good way for that new group of OL to build confidence.

But agree with your assessment. It will be a bad sign if the OL struggles in those games.

Agree 100%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom