2023 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Preseason Camp Thread

Yeah, but - Taj was incredibly effective for us, in spite of being even more of a beanpole.

Hatcher is a very similar style player.
And 2” taller.
Yeah absolutely, Hatcher can be high level wr for us even at his current weight. I was just watching preseason NFL lately, and was thinking that a NFL 6'3" receiver probably needs to be in the 200lb range.

Okay that catch is absurd. Those are the plays that change the depth chart. We have desperately needed more receivers to make plays themselves and not rely on being completely open and a perfect pass.
Have heard from multiple players that Long’s the teams best deep threat and an easy big target.

Davis’ throwing motion is a little funky. Hard to worry about that stuff as long as we have Jason Beck, though.
Shrader and CDRW both seem to have better/cleaner throwing motions, imo. Guessing/hoping that is Beck's influence.

Have heard from multiple players that Long’s the teams best deep threat and an easy big target.
If he’s surpassed Alford in that regard, that’s good news.

If he’s surpassed Alford in that regard, that’s good news.
I found it surprising but the sources of this info would know better than anyone else.

Seems strange because I remember most of Long's looks during the Spring game were over the middle routes. Adams still looks the most promising on deep balls.

Seems strange because I remember most of Long's looks during the Spring game were over the middle routes. Adams still looks the most promising on deep balls.
Thats partially due to the restrictions put on the playbook for the spring game. Beck and Dino showed us a whole lot of nothing

I can’t believe there’s no report from the scrimmage. Three weeks from the opening game and the University does nothing to hype the program. Does Dino actually think there are secrets in college football? Sell the program and your players!
That’s one thing that drives me crazy. All a sudden it’s opening day and the fans haven’t heard a word about the team since the pinstripe bowl and you’re just expected to show up. With all the access people have now with social media it’s a shame the program doesn’t try to sell itself so more to try and gain support to keep fans engaged.

Shrader threw a pick 6 to Barron.

Folk made a hard hit on walk-on WR Acker.

Branham made a good run.

Wilson jumps a route by Gill to get a pick.
Unclear who the QB was.

Good run by Escobar.

Davis passed into good coverage by DeLaine, who has his back to the ball but is in Long’s grill. Long makes a great catch grabbing tie ball around Greg.

Shrader and CDRW both seem to have better/cleaner throwing motions, imo. Guessing/hoping that is Beck's influence.
I know nothing about true talent, but I actually thought in all of the clips I've seen so far Davis has looked great and may be the future after Shader graduates.

That’s one thing that drives me crazy. All a sudden it’s opening day and the fans haven’t heard a word about the team since the pinstripe bowl and you’re just expected to show up. With all the access people have now with social media it’s a shame the program doesn’t try to sell itself so more to try and gain support to keep fans engaged.

Check out their twitter and Instagram pages, they have a few videos of some nice plays and photos.

Great shot of Will Hicks looking on, knowing full-well that people will jokingly (some even seriously) call for him to be fired if either/both of these players injure themselves on the landing.

E8A093F5-58FE-4836-AD18-0C1C1354C2B3.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom