2023 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Preseason Camp Thread

Will try and highlight what was shown…

Shader throws deep to Alford. Perfect pass. Wilson was beat deep badly in single coverage. Nice shot of the ball arcing against the pine trees planted along Lancaster Ave to block the view of fans decades ago. I am old enough to remember when they were planted.

Can see Reed working with the first team at center. Bradford is the right guard. Petry is the right tackle.

Davis fades back. 2nd or 3rd team OL is blocking and it shows. Ted Olsen is thrown aside by man child Rashard Perry, who shows impressive quickness and agility running down and crushing Davis. First wow moment for Rashard at Syracuse. There will be many more.

CDRW in the pocket. He appears to have the first team OL blocking for him and we can see the whole lineup. LT E Cruz, LG Bleich, C Reed, RG Bradford, RT Petry. Beautiful throw to Adams. Appears to be a blown coverage. Thinking this means CDRW is probably ahead of Davis right now based on the OL’s both are working with,

Jeremiah Wilson jumps a pass thrown to Alford can gets the pick. Can’t see who threw it but it looks like the first team OL. So it was probably Shrader. I think I see Bradford, Reed and maybe Wohlabaugh in the background afterwards.

Hill vs DeLaine in man coverage. Unknown QB throws a nice pass a little over Gill’s head but he jumps up and high points it easily. Looks like an TD. DeLaine got beat badly badly in coverage.

Pass to Jones in the right flat. Can’t see who passed it. Looks like probably Shrader since first team OL are playing (Reed and Bradford).

Clement and E Cruz double team Caleb, who makes a good spin move that possibly freed him.

E Cruz blocking Jobity. Looks like he is getting the best of him. Gadsden gets the reception. Thompson appears to be in coverage. He lets him go, presumably because he scored a TD.

Ike Daniel’s runs a sweep left. Eludes Roon, but DeLaine makes a nice tackle to take him down.

Are Bradford and Petry now on the first team OL? Was this another experiment? It looks to me as though Ellis is still banged up. And that the RT position remains open. Good to see Thompson out there running around with no knee brace.

Shader throws deep to Alford. Perfect pass. Wilson was beat deep badly in single coverage. Nice shot of the ball arcing against the pine trees planted along Lancaster Ave to block the view of fans decades ago. I am old enough to remember when they were planted.

Can see Reed working with the first team at center. Bradford is the right guard. Petry is the right tackle.

Davis fades back. 2nd or 3rd team OL is blocking and it shows. Ted Olsen is thrown aside by man child Rashard Perry, who shows impressive quickness and agility running down and crushing Davis. First wow moment for Rashard at Syracuse. There will be many more.

CDRW in the pocket. He appears to have the first team OL blocking for him and we can see the whole lineup. LT E Cruz, LG Bleich, C Reed, RG Bradford, RT Petry. Beautiful throw to Adams. Appears to be a blown coverage. Thinking this means CDRW is probably ahead of Davis right now based on the OL’s both are working with,

Jeremiah Wilson jumps a pass thrown to Alford can gets the pick. Can’t see who threw it but it looks like the first team OL. So it was probably Shrader. I think I see Bradford, Reed and maybe Wohlabaugh in the background afterwards.

Hill vs DeLaine in man coverage. Unknown QB throws a nice pass a little over Gill’s head but he jumps up and high points it easily. Looks like an TD. DeLaine got beat badly badly in coverage.

Pass to Jones in the right flat. Can’t see who passed it. Looks like probably Shrader since first team OL are playing (Reed and Bradford).

Clement and E Cruz double team Caleb, who makes a good spin move that possibly freed him.

E Cruz blocking Jobity. Looks like he is getting the best of him. Gadsden gets the reception. Thompson appears to be in coverage. He lets him go, presumably because he scored a TD.

Ike Daniel’s runs a sweep left. Eludes Roon, but DeLaine makes a nice tackle to take him down.

Are Bradford and Petry now on the first team OL? Was this another experiment? It looks to me as though Ellis is still banged up. And that the RT position remains open. Good to see Thompson out there running around with no knee brace.
I would be shocked if game 1's starting offensive line has Bradford and Petry both out there on the right side.

I would be shocked if game 1's starting offensive line has Bradford and Petry both out there on the right side.
Me too. It was interesting and maybe noteworthy that they were paired together in a couple of drives.

That might mean More, Wohlabaugh or perhaps both were banged up. Though I think I saw Wohlabaugh playing later.

It will make looking at the practice videos a little more interesting in the next couple of weeks.

Perhaps the biggest takeaway is Reed appearing as the first team center in all the clips.

Going into preseason camp, I would have had Bradford as the third guard. He is not shocking, especially if Ellis is banged up. Petry has been listed as a two team OT on a number of depth charts. I think we all expected More and perhaps Wohlly to pass him. He has experience in the program anyway…..

I think Carlos threw the pick to Wilson. At the :20 mark you can see a black jersey for a split second and it looks like 16.

She's said that a couple times. She probably saw a picture of him, and just assumed so.

He's certainly an interwebs legend.

I mean, how many backup QB's are referred to as "Ridiculously good-looking" as their honorific.
RGLCL has created a mantle and level of excellence that few could rise to.

He's certainly an interwebs legend.

I mean, how many backup QB's are referred to as "Ridiculously good-looking" as their honorific.
RGLCL has created a mantle and level of excellence that few could rise to.
He probably loved his time on the hill. He was literally nick Moran blue mountain state lol

Do tell again for those of us unfamiliar with the story.
This is the original post RF2044 is referring to.

It is a true story.

It is a true story.

F—-ing legend

That was one of my Emily’s better efforts as a beat reporter. Lot of interesting info.

That #2 receiver spot in terms of production has to hit. I don't know the rules about what we can post for a paywalled articled, so I'll keep it brief - there is so much opportunity to be that #2 person, but it's also a little scary that it's not readily apparent yet. And Babers comment about if a top 2 can be established early, he'd like to get an established top 4...

It's right there for the taking for these guys. Right there. But that's a little concerning that it's not set yet. I have faith it will be, but right now, I'm just glad that LQA came back because I think he helps take the pressure off the WR unit as a whole to basically swap in for one of those ideal top four.

It is a true story.

I was Charley Loeb in 6th grade. Unfortunately I peaked in 6th grade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom