2023 Red Sox Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Red Sox Thread

You are young. And it hurts to see some of the things we are seeing.. But john Henry has been the best thing to happen to the Red Sox in my lifetime. Think about it. Before he came to Boston, we hadn't won in 85 years. In the 21 years he has owned the team, the Sox have won 4 titles. And the ball park is 10 times better than it was when he bought the team. I like what they are doing long term. I brought this up earlier. Casas and Devers at the corners and Mayer and Story up the middle. Duran and Yoshida in left and center with I'm not sure in rf. Teal and Wong behind the plate. They need another young quality starter and one of the kids from Japan would be the answer to that. A lot of comp for those two guys but this is the time to spend the dough. We shall see. Betts was never going to sign long term with the Sox. He is lying when he says differently.
I have vivid memories of suffering through 1986 and 2003 and other moments inbetween so I definitely think John Henry has been a great owner of the Red Sox.
But this team has been on a really crappy run for several years now. I've seen him deny that he's distracted by chasing an NBA team in Vegas or other FSG business but I don't believe it. This is a lousy Red Sox team.

I have vivid memories of suffering through 1986 and 2003 and other moments inbetween so I definitely think John Henry has been a great owner of the Red Sox.
But this team has been on a really crappy run for several years now. I've seen him deny that he's distracted by chasing an NBA team in Vegas or other FSG business but I don't believe it. This is a lousy Red Sox team.
I agree with you. I do think they have great building blocks. But they need to spend on pitching because they have very little of it in the minors.

I agree with you. I do think they have great building blocks. But they need to spend on pitching because they have very little of it in the minors.
I used to follow the minors more closely but I've drifted in recent years. SoxProspects.com is a solid site.
Hopefully Bloom is stocking the minors. Beyond Bello, pitching looks really thin.

They spent on pitching. We get reminded of that every Sale day.

I used to follow the minors more closely but I've drifted in recent years. SoxProspects.com is a solid site.
Hopefully Bloom is stocking the minors. Beyond Bello, pitching looks really thin.
It is. I watched their highest rated pitcher. I wasn't impressed.

They spent on pitching. We get reminded of that every Sale day.
One guy doesn't cut it. If they signed Wacha and Nate, the season would look a lot different. Instead, they signed Cory K.

Welp, that series debacle with the Astros appears to be the final nail on the coffin this season. See you next year Sox fans.

Pretty clear the Henry group didn't trust Bloom to make the moves needed this offseason to get the team back towards the top. He did do a good job building up the farm system that was empty under Dombrowski.

Please just win more than 77.5 games

They just need four wins in the last thirteen games of the season.
They’re bad but they should be able to get four more wins.

I had that same # with the Orioles. Been waiting to cash that baby since the third week in August.

GL I think you'll cash yours too.

The Red Sox have been very friendly to the Jays on the last two Saturday's they played - the Reese Mcguire misread of a flyball ended the game... and yesterday Rafaela should have ended the game with a catch in center.

The 2023 Toronto Blue Jays are the dumbest team I have ever watched and they got really lucky yesterday.

They're going to freakin finish 7-24 and land on 77 hahaha this will be the worst best of my life. Flkkkkk this team

I thought they just might actually come back to win last night. That was foolish.

Two wins in the final five games is not unreasonable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom