2023 Roster Is Up | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Roster Is Up

There are no depth issues on defense. All the open spots should be used on OL and QB
It would be really surprising to add more than one QB though.

There's a lot of room to flex the roster.

I can't see them adding a transfer QB to who wants to sit behind Shrader and then compete with 2 sophomores. Good luck. Missing out on a HS kid was a blow. It'll take a pretty confident transfer QB to even come in the 24 class but the job should be wide open then.

Sorry to hear Rob Hanna hit the portal. He was light but a good special teamer and DB depth. He made some plays as a DB, I thought for sure if he added weight he could compete to start or at least play a big role back there.
Is Hanna actually in the portal or is he just not playing?

QB will be a tough find given current QB room. Probably will have to wait for next cycle. I would try and find a Center and a couple Guards. A TE and if we are lucky in post spring portal uptick maybe a high end WR talent. Depending on Roons health, maybe a back up Mike.

Need more depth at DB and the edge imo

Need more depth at DB and the edge imo
I certainly agree with needing DB help. We've been very fortunate to have really good talent at CB for a number of years now but really I have some concerns with both CB and Safety. I mean what we lose from 2022 at CB is Garrett Williams to the NFL and Deuce to LSU and now Nunn. At Safety we lose Ja'Had Carter to OSU, Eric Coley to graduation and now Hannah. We brought in zero 2023 freshman for either position and have added RS Frosh in Bellamy and Gould who are nice prospects but still both unproven. We need to add more than that.

So this is my guess and it appears we offered a JUCO CB today with immediate eligibility.

Isaiah JohnsonDB6' 3''204R-Sr.Corner
Quan PetersonDB6' 1''178R-Fr.Corner
Jayden BellamyDB5' 11''175R-Fr.Corner
Jeremiah WilsonDB5' 10''171So.Corner
Gregory DelaineDB6' 0''172R-Fr.Corner
Cornell PerryDB6' 1''180R-Fr.Corner
Justin BarronDB6' 4''220Jr.Rover
Aman GreenwoodDB5' 10''189R-Jr.Safety
Alijah ClarkDB6' 1''180Jr.Safety
Jaeden GouldDB6' 2''200R-Fr.Safety
Jason Simmons Jr.DB6' 0''193Sr.Safety
Bralyn OliverDB6' 2''194R-So.Safety
Malcolm FolkDB6' 1''201R-So.Safety

I certainly agree with needing DB help. We've been very fortunate to have really good talent at CB for a number of years now but really I have some concerns with both CB and Safety. I mean what we lose from 2022 at CB is Garrett Williams to the NFL and Deuce to LSU and now Nunn. At Safety we lose Ja'Had Carter to OSU, Eric Coley to graduation and now Hannah. We brought in zero 2023 freshman for either position and have added RS Frosh in Bellamy and Gould who are nice prospects but still both unproven. We need to add more than that.
I believe Oliver can give us more than enough to cover Hannah loss; at a much bigger frame.

I believe Oliver can give us more than enough to cover Hannah loss; at a much bigger frame.
Certainly possible but he wasn't next up last year was he? And he was an add for 2022 so numbers wise it really isn't an add for this year.

So this is my guess and it appears we offered a JUCO CB today with immediate eligibility.

Isaiah JohnsonDB6' 3''204R-Sr.Corner
Quan PetersonDB6' 1''178R-Fr.Corner
Jayden BellamyDB5' 11''175R-Fr.Corner
Jeremiah WilsonDB5' 10''171So.Corner
Gregory DelaineDB6' 0''172R-Fr.Corner
Cornell PerryDB6' 1''180R-Fr.Corner
Justin BarronDB6' 4''220Jr.Rover
Aman GreenwoodDB5' 10''189R-Jr.Safety
Alijah ClarkDB6' 1''180Jr.Safety
Jaeden GouldDB6' 2''200R-Fr.Safety
Jason Simmons Jr.DB6' 0''193Sr.Safety
Bralyn OliverDB6' 2''194R-So.Safety
Malcolm FolkDB6' 1''201R-So.Safety
That would have been my guess as well but apparently Perry is practicing at safety in spring practice per SUDadx2. Glad he is back though. That makes the numbers rather thin especially at CB. I think we need another there for sure so glad the staff is looking for one.

Will Hanna be on the roster this fall?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom