2023 Schedule | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule

Nice opening 4 games but after that it's pretty ridiculous. We get the top 2 teams in the league b2b then FSU and VT. Haven't seen everyone else's but sure not doing us any favors with the conference games.

If I’m reading this right, our bye week is shortened because of the Thursday night game against VT?

All you have to do is type in part of the article title into google and then hit the news button and then click the article and it will always show you the articles
THANK YOU! Sorry for the caps but this is huge, and probably would have taken me much longer til I actually figured that out.

Why can’t Pitt be considered a neutral site game? Next year would resume with a game at Syracuse.

It’s the fudging “home game” label that pisses me off. John between this and the basketball rot, ADJW can go kick rocks.

How can the ACC schedule Clemson, NC and FSU in a row? They’re the three best teams in the conference. By the time SU plays home again in November, the season could already be lost. Purdue, Army, Clemson, NC, FSU and VT is a brutal stretch. None of them are guaranteed wins. Taking away the home Pitt game is a slap in the face to Dino and the players. This is about money and just screw the team. Who gives a crap about what happened 100 years ago. Celebrate the anniversary without putting the team at a huge disadvantage. At the least, Pitt should have to play at a neutral site in 2024.

How can the ACC schedule Clemson, NC and FSU in a row? They’re the three best teams in the conference. By the time SU plays home again in November, the season could already be lost. Purdue, Army, Clemson, NC, FSU and VT is a brutal stretch. None of them are guaranteed wins. Taking away the home Pitt game is a slap in the face to Dino and the players. This is about money and just screw the team. Who gives a crap about what happened 100 years ago. Celebrate the anniversary without putting the team at a huge disadvantage. At the least, Pitt should have to play at a neutral site in 2024.
After this catastrophe of a schedule maybe ADJW knows he'll need the extra cash from the Pitt game to pay Dino's remaining buyout. Dude's playing chess while the rest of us are playing checkers.

Depending on how healthy SU is the Clemson game is the best shot at a big win. After that imo they'll be beat up after the FSU and UNC games.

But...if SU can remain relatively healthy after those first 3 ACC games, things should go well except for the foolish NYC game which is a wrench in the cog for sure.

Geez that 3 game run and then one of our easier ACC games is a Thursday night.
Yup. And Lane stadium is a whole different ballgame on a Thursday night. Lane stadium at noon on Saturday is the sleepiest little ‘burg imaginable. Got unlucky with this one.

Pitt game is my only complaint. The rest of it comes with the territory. We already knew who we were playing and where. When isn't that big a deal to worry about.

At VT and home to BC are critical swing games. We get a little extra time to prepare for both.

FSU game on my wife's birthday is helpful. I was hoping for a bye, but this is the next best option. Not being distracted by our game allows me to appear to be a good husband.

Yes I tend to agree. Purdue loses a ton but it’s still a Big 10 road game. Army is no pushover. Three straight against Clemson/UNC/FSU is brutal, as is a Thursday nighter at Lane to follow. We’ve covered the Pitt to Yankee Stadium angle already…but wow what a bad year for this.

On paper there are a lot of wins to be had but the sequence is really going to test our depth. Coaching staff has their work cut out for them…
Purdue has an entirely new coaching staff including one of Babers former coaches, Matt Mattox.

Since being officially named as Purdue football's next head coach for the 2023 season, Ryan Walters has been assembling his staff and hitting the recruiting trail.

The Boilermakers brought in offensive coordinator Graham Harrell and defensive coordinator Kevin Kane during Walters' first week at the helm. The team officially announced the rest of the coaching staff on Wednesday.

Alongside Walters, Harrell and Kane, the Boilermakers welcomed Cory Patterson (associate head coach/wide receivers), Sam Carter (cornerbacks), Lamar Conard (running backs), Joe Dineen (outside linebackers), Seth Doege (tight ends), Brick Haley (defensive line), Matt Mattox (offensive line), Grant O'Brien (safeties) and Kiero Small (director of strength and conditioning).

Fnzhs1naYAMlubY

Sometimes it's good to remember who your opponent has to play before they play you.

The crying about conference opponents is an annual tradition around here. If we can't handle it then we shouldn't be in the ACC. Divisions are gone and level of competition is largely volatile.

Edit: I do have a bad feeling about next year's team. Talent wise its going to be a considerable amount worse than 2022. Its a shame last year's team couldn't stay healthy.

Turns out SU requested no October home games because it is hosting a large conference.
Is that for real? If so, are you able to provide details?

I can understand the Pitt game complaints and that could have the potential to impact what type of bowl we qualify for. But as far as complaining about the schedule itself; don’t ever complain about the schedule and also complain we should have joined the B10. If we can’t handle an ACC schedule then we should drop to the Patriot League.

The crying about conference opponents is an annual tradition around here. If we can't handle it then we shouldn't be in the ACC. Divisions are gone and level of competition is largely volatile.

Edit: I do have a bad feeling about next year's team. Talent wise its going to be a considerable amount worse than 2022. Its a shame last year's team couldn't stay healthy.
I’m not sure I would say the talent is considerable worse. To me the only concern right now is OL and CB. Mostly OL. Replacing Bergeron and Davis. DL, LB strong. WR should be better. RB laquint looked good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom