2023 Schedule | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule

BTW traveling out to WMU to open 2018 was a fun trip. I actually don't mind a road trip to some of these MAC schools: WMU, Ohio, UB, Toledo and Akron
I actually really liked that trip, there were a couple great bars there, one damn near right across from the stadium.

My guesses for our slots for the first 3 games…

Saturday September 2nd

There are 5 ACC games scheduled

I assume South Carolina vs UNC is going to be on ABC or ESPN.

I assume the ACCN will televise 3 games, at noon, 3:30 and 7 pm ish.

I assume there will be one RSN game, probably at 12:30 )I think that is when they tend to get scheduled).

Old Dominion vs VT appears to be the most attractive game and probably gets the 7 pm start on ACCN. They like to televise games in Blacksburg at night too.

The second most attractive game will probably get the 3:30 pm slot on ACCN. I think that is probably Northern Illinois at BC but it could be Colgate at Syracuse. Let’s pencil in BC for the 3:30 pm game on ACCN.

I will pencil in Colgate at Syracuse for the noon ACCN game and since I think Winford at Pitt is the worst game, put that one on the RSN. Wh knew Wofford played football?

Saturday September 9th

13 ACC schools are scheduled to play this day and all are home games. Seems likely some teams will be playing on ACCNX.

Let’s list them by attractiveness in descending order and assign times and channels accordingly:

ND at NC State (ABC night)
Texas A&M at Miami (ABC afternoon)
Southern Miss at FSU (ESPN2 night)
Charleston Southern at Clemson (ESPN2 3:30)
Purdue at VT (ACCN night)
App State at UNC (ACCN 3:30 pm)
Cincinnati at Pitt (ACCN noon)
Vanderbilt at Wake (RSN 12:30 pm)
Western Michigan at Syracuse (ACCNX; guessing SU schedules it at 3:30 pm)
James Madison at Virginia (ACCNX)
Lafayette at Duke (ACCNX)
Holy Cross at BC (ACCNX)
South Carolina State at GT (ACCNX)

I bet at least one of these games penciled in for ACCNX gets moved to Friday night (and gets televised then). I think Syracuse is a likely candidate.

Saturday September 16th

No idea what the B1G is going to do with the SU-Purdue game. I suspect it will be a nooner on BTN though.

Bruce at the Dome on the 7th? Might be a logjam with hotels and stuff to pull off a game on the 8th.

I actually really liked that trip, there were a couple great bars there, one damn near right across from the stadium.
Plus motels charge normal rates and restaurants aren't overflowing on gameday. Ofcourse the downside is driving into MAC towns you are not even sure a game is happening. Kalamazoo and Athens are my two favorite MAC visits. I've been to CMU and Akron too. Kalamazoo has a very good beer scene.

It was fun interacting with the students at the MAC schools. They had a cocky innocence in thinking they had a chance to beat us.

Before the Ohio game we set up a tailgate in apparently in a no alcohol area...that was fun. The cops came and told us about that policy. Fortunately we were within 15 mins of shutting down and the cop was cool and let us finish our tailgate.

Plus motels charge normal rates and restaurants aren't overflowing on gameday. Ofcourse the downside is driving into MAC towns you are not even sure a game is happening. Kalamazoo and Athens are my two favorite MAC visits. I've been to CMU and Akron too. Kalamazoo has a very good beer scene.

It was fun interacting with the students at the MAC schools. They had a cocky innocence in thinking they had a chance to beat us.

Before the Ohio game we set up a tailgate in apparently in a no alcohol area...that was fun. The cops came and told us about that policy. Fortunately we were within 15 mins of shutting down and the cop was cool and let us finish our tailgate.
Aye , I stayed at a a Wyndham in Parkersburg. There is something I like about traveling to places I would never see otherwise. The area was very scenic , and the Ohio U band was tremendous. Oh and hotel rates were very reasonable.

Aye , I stayed at a a Wyndham in Parkersburg. There is something I like about traveling to places I would never see otherwise. The area was very scenic , and the Ohio U band was tremendous. Oh and hotel rates were very reasonable.
I learned how to churn butter and how to raise a barn. Those were good days indeed!

I'm hoping ESPN drops the first three week's games tomorrow

Edit: MattSarz thinks CBS on Tuesday and ESPN on Wednesday

Last edited:
Bruce at the Dome on the 7th? Might be a logjam with hotels and stuff to pull off a game on the 8th.
Good point. There would also surely be issues getting the stage and other stuff brought in for the concert broken down and out the door as well. And getting cleanup down too.

No way they would bring the game in a day.

Makes me think this game is likely going to be a night game to give the dome crews breaking down and setting up from Bruce to Cuse more time to get it done right.

NBC in prime time!

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Road game in primetime not the best from a liquored up crowd standpoint but still cool

I hate road night games but pretty awesome that it’s on NBC. I assume it means actual NBC and not their streaming network that no one has?
Yeah unless it’s Peacock, but I assume Mr Birthday King would have said that

NBC in prime time!

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office
CBS, Fox and NBC are all sharing the first, second and third picks of available B1G home games this season.

Guessing that Charlotte game is a week NBC had the third pick.

The quality of the NBC schedule is not great largely because the B1G plays a lot of weak teams OOC this year. Most of the better B1G OOC games are on the road this year and not controlled by the conference.

Looks like Syracuse vs Purdue was picked ahead of Virginia Tech at Rutgers. No surprise there. That one might be on Peacock or BTN extra. Yuck. Final score might be 3-0.

CBS, Fox and NBC are all sharing the first, second and third picks of available B1G home games this season.

Guessing that Charlotte game is a week NBC had the third pick.

The quality of the NBC schedule is not great largely because the B1G plays a lot of weak teams OOC this year. Most of the better B1G OOC games are on the road this year and not controlled by the conference.

Looks like Syracuse vs Purdue was picked ahead of Virginia Tech at Rutgers. No surprise there. That one might be on Peacock or BTN extra. Yuck. Final score might be 3-0.
3-0? Nah.. 2-0

Ross-Ade night games are pretty intense to my knowledge. They hardly ever play at night, this will be a very good atmosphere.

Ross-Ade night games are pretty intense to my knowledge. They hardly ever play at night, this will be a very good atmosphere.
They actually just installed permanent lights in 2017, so night games are a relatively new thing for Purdue for sure.

They actually just installed permanent lights in 2017, so night games are a relatively new thing for Purdue for sure.
Exactly. Like the Cubbies back in the 80s when they installed the lights at Wrigley. People just get up more for night games.

Saturday, Sept. 2
Colgate at Syracuse, 4 p.m., ACCNX / ESPN+

Saturday, Sept. 9
Western Michigan at Syracuse, TBD time/network

Saturday, Sept. 16
Syracuse at Purdue, 7:30 p.m., NBC

Thursday, Oct. 26
Syracuse at Virginia Tech, 7:30 p.m., ESPN

Friday, Nov. 3
Boston College at Syracuse, 7:30 p.m., ESPN2

Forum statistics

Threads