2023 Schedule | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule

On the official SU calendar released on social media, the Pitt game is listed as a neutral site game. Does this mean there’s a chance we get Pitt at home in 2024? I’m guessing a big fat No otherwise we would’ve heard something.

Maybe the 2024 game can be played at eagles stadium and Pitt can call it their home game.

Not going to happen. The ACC would need to redo the schedules for 2024, 2025, and 2026. That is a lot of shifting around. Too bad our AD didn't realize before the schedules came out that having BC and Pitt split home and away is much more desirable. It is a pretty basic concept that was totally missed.

Not going to happen. The ACC would need to redo the schedules for 2024, 2025, and 2026. That is a lot of shifting around.
what shifting? You erase “at” in 3 places and add “at” in 3 places.

My gf was making fun of me last night because I am still mad about this Yankee Stadium bs.

I am turning into an old man

what shifting? You erase “at” in 3 places and add “at” in 3 places.

Seriously?

SU now has 5 home ACC games and 3 road, while Pitt has 3 home and 5 road. Let's say we move the Duke game to the road to get us even. Now Duke has 5 home and 3 road. And so on.

Same thing for 2025 and 2026.

Not going to happen. The ACC would need to redo the schedules for 2024, 2025, and 2026. That is a lot of shifting around. Too bad our AD didn't realize before the schedules came out that having BC and Pitt split home and away is much more desirable. It is a pretty basic concept that was totally missed.
The ACC should have gotten this straightened out when they finally went to the 3-5-5 schedule.

With 3-5-5 in place, BC, Pitt and Syracuse now all play each other every year.

Pitt has the BC and Syracuse games split each season. One is at home and one is on the road. Ideal situation. Good for them.

Syracuse and BC play the other 2 northern ACC schools both at home one year, both on the road the other. Not cool.

One solution to get things all aligned is to treat the coming SU-Pitt game at YS in 2024 as a neutral site game and pick up the schedule from there where they left off.

So Syracuse would host Pitt in 2024, and play at Pitt in 2035, and so on.

To get all three aligned right, I would see if BC and Pitt would be interested in moving the 2024 BC-Pitt game currently scheduled for BC to Yankee Stadium. Pay them both a nice guarantee. BC doesn't draw squat for home games against Pitt so this would end up making both BC and Pitt more money. And give both teams a game in an area they like to recruit.

Then, just as proposed for the SU-Pitt series, pick up the BC-Pitt series in 2025 where it left off, so Pitt plays at BC that year, and BC plays at Pitt in 2026. And so on.

Current schedule:

2023 BC @ SU, Pitt @ SU (YS), BC @ Pitt
2024 SU @ BC, SU @ Pitt, Pitt @ BC
2025 BC @ SU, Pitt @ SU, BC @ Pitt
2026 SU @ BC, SU @ Pitt, Pitt @ BC

Proposed schedule:

2023 BC @ SU, Pitt vs SU (now neutral site game), BC @ Pitt
2024 SU @ BC, Pitt @ SU, Pitt vs BC (at YS, now neutral site game)
2025 BC @ SU, SU @ Pitt, Pitt @ BC
2026 SU @ BC, Pitt @ SU, BC @ Pitt

Should only impact the 3 schools involved.

If the SU-UConn game in 2024 has been scheduled for YS, make it a home game for Syracuse and move the SU-UConn game at YS to one of the seasons we are scheduled to play UConn at home.

Let's hope games at Yankee Stadium go away for the next couple of decades. Enough is enough.

The ACC should have gotten this straightened out when they finally went to the 3-5-5 schedule.

With 3-5-5 in place, BC, Pitt and Syracuse now all play each other every year.

Pitt has the BC and Syracuse games split each season. One is at home and one is on the road. Ideal situation. Good for them.

Syracuse and BC play the other 2 northern ACC schools both at home one year, both on the road the other. Not cool.

One solution to get things all aligned is to treat the coming SU-Pitt game at YS in 2024 as a neutral site game and pick up the schedule from there where they left off.

So Syracuse would host Pitt in 2024, and play at Pitt in 2035, and so on.

To get all three aligned right, I would see if BC and Pitt would be interested in moving the 2024 BC-Pitt game currently scheduled for BC to Yankee Stadium. Pay them both a nice guarantee. BC doesn't draw squat for home games against Pitt so this would end up making both BC and Pitt more money. And give both teams a game in an area they like to recruit.

Then, just as proposed for the SU-Pitt series, pick up the BC-Pitt series in 2025 where it left off, so Pitt plays at BC that year, and BC plays at Pitt in 2026. And so on.

Current schedule:

2023 BC @ SU, Pitt @ SU (YS), BC @ Pitt
2024 SU @ BC, SU @ Pitt, Pitt @ BC
2025 BC @ SU, Pitt @ SU, BC @ Pitt
2026 SU @ BC, SU @ Pitt, Pitt @ BC

Proposed schedule:

2023 BC @ SU, Pitt vs SU (now neutral site game), BC @ Pitt
2024 SU @ BC, Pitt @ SU, Pitt vs BC (at YS, now neutral site game)
2025 BC @ SU, SU @ Pitt, Pitt @ BC
2026 SU @ BC, Pitt @ SU, BC @ Pitt

Should only impact the 3 schools involved.

If the SU-UConn game in 2024 has been scheduled for YS, make it a home game for Syracuse and move the SU-UConn game at YS to one of the seasons we are scheduled to play UConn at home.

Let's hope games at Yankee Stadium go away for the next couple of decades. Enough is enough.

If we flipped FSU and Pitt, then Pitt flipped SU and BC, and BC flipped Pitt and FSU... it would work out for 2024. But then you need to adjust for 2025. We would have FSU and Pitt flipped again. Pitt would have SU and BC again. BC can then have Pitt and Louisville, while FSU has SU and Louisville. For 2026 SU, Pitt, and FSU have the same flips. BC can have Pitt and Wake, while Louisville has FSU and Wake.

Would this all be better for SU and BC? Sure. Will the ACC really make that many changes to accommodate? Probably not.

Edit

This also helps us in 2025 by not having both Clemson and FSU on the road. However in 2026 we have both FSU and Miami on the road.

Personally, if we're giving up a home game, I'd rather go to Dublin than NYC.
Me too , if I had the $$$$. It’s a tad cheaper to get to NYC for a couple days then Dublin.

My gf was making fun of me last night because I am still mad about this Yankee Stadium bs.

I am turning into an old man

When you're an old man you stop caring as much.

I'm still young and heart & liver though. Just not so much the other parts. Keep it clean, this is a family channel.

The Yankee Stadium game is trending at $192 as the lowest ticket?!

The Yankee Stadium game is trending at $192 as the lowest ticket?!
I would be surprised if that doesn't come down and settle in to about $50-75 or so for the cheapest ticket a few weeks prior to game day. I see that crowd as about 40-50% SU fans, 25% Pitt fans, the rest empty.

I would be surprised if that doesn't come down and settle in to about $50-75 or so for the cheapest ticket a few weeks prior to game day. I see that crowd as about 40-50% SU fans, 25% Pitt fans, the rest empty.
If SU has 6 wins we might see 30K.

If we are struggling I see 20-22K tops

I don't expect Pitt to travel well. Steelers are at home that weekend. Pitt fans are pretty weak at traveling.

If SU has 6 wins we might see 30K.

If we are struggling I see 20-22K tops

I don't expect Pitt to travel well. Steelers are at home that weekend. Pitt fans are pretty weak at traveling.
And if it’s 87 revisited….. we would pack Ruths place. Well his rebuilt abode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom