2023 Schedule | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule

Georgia Tech played Clemson neutral site this year (In Atlanta NFL venue full of Clemson fans), year before game was at Clemson.
If we’re as financially desperate as Georgia Tech supposedly is then fine

Find me another school in our conference that would move a home game against their rival to any neutral field, let alone one 4 hours from their campus. Clown decision.

Excited to tell my season ticket group chat that the school moved a home game but that they all will owe me the same amount as last season.

This chit is more mid-major than getting our coaches poached.
Wake?

Agreed this is for the money. And on a lessor note exposure as it is of historical significance. The premise that this excites the NYC area fan IMO is a false one.

People were there for Notre Dame if not the Pinstripes. They know the stadium stinks, there is no tailgating, and Pitt is no Notre Dame.

IMO this is like the BBall team playing in Brooklyn this year. It is in my backyard but I had zero desire to go.

I will be surprised if the game is more than 2/3 full. Knowing that, why would a fan buy a ticket before Halloween?

I was stunned how empty Brooklyn was. How both programs have fallen.

It's a pain to get to but not that much of a pain.

This team needs all the help it can get, it certainly does lower the odds of success no matter who its against. You have a better chance of winning at home, not debatable. No way we get 30,000 actual people in the seats for this game. I love road trips but I have not really enjoyed any of the Gimmick locations we had over the past decade and I have gone to them all. I do think Metlife was better then Yankee stadium and I still wasn't a huge fan of that.

Unfortunately from SU’s perspective ticket sales have virtually nothing to do with this. Likely that the Yankees are writing the check and, unlike the bowl, we won’t be splitting with the opponent and we won’t have our share divided up by the conference. We also likely didn’t get a ticket allotment that we are responsible for.
Then they should say it's for money and spare me the historical nonsense and about the brand.

PR damage? Outside of this Board and some season ticket holders, absolutely no one cares about this announcement. The down state alums (who donate more than local ticket holders) are probably happy with the decision. They thought this through before they sold the game.

The sad thing is its more worthwhile financially to the program to have a game at Yankee stadium than having it at the Dome.
I'm a downstate alum (who also buys season tickets) and I'm annoyed. If some alum donated a ton of money to have a special game there, so be it. But again, say it's about the money, not another reason.

This will be our 5th game there in the last 14 years, which puts us first ahead of Army, Notre Dame, and Rutgers at three games each. Pitt will move into 5th place along with Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man City with 2 each.

I was stunned how empty Brooklyn was. How both programs have fallen.

It's a pain to get to but not that much of a pain.
Even if Syracuse was good, Barclays isn't that good of a venue. The only strong point it has is that the major subway lines and LIRR are underneath. There's not much in terms of nightlife. You really have to want to see SU if you're not from Brooklyn or Long Island. MSG is convenient for everyone.

Even if Syracuse was good, Barclays isn't that good of a venue. The only strong point it has is that the major subway lines and LIRR are underneath. There's not much in terms of nightlife. You really have to want to see SU if you're not from Brooklyn or Long Island. MSG is convenient for everyone.

I've been, yeah, it's just fine (I like the arena itself a lot). But that aside 10K people didn't stay home because the bar scene is light and it's an extra subway ride. (realize this is OT)

Sub in Yankee Stadium, Metro North, Bronx/Westchester, MetLife and your post still works.

Might be the only way to fill the stadium in 2023 - tickets for 15 cents! If they really wanted it to be a throwback they should do that!!!!

Nickel beer too

PR damage? Outside of this Board and some season ticket holders, absolutely no one cares about this announcement. The down state alums (who donate more than local ticket holders) are probably happy with the decision. They thought this through before they sold the game.

The sad thing is its more worthwhile financially to the program to have a game at Yankee stadium than having it at the Dome.
I've heard not a single positive thing about this from any of my SU pals, most of whom are 'down state alums'.

You might be right about the bottom line. Of course, that depends on what the SUAD got paid for the game.

What is clearly not accounted for is the impact on the greater Syracuse community in CNY. The economy being what it is, the whole Syracuse community just lost $$.
  • The local hotels just lost several hundred (or thousands) bookings for that weekend.
  • The local restaurants and bars just lost thousands of dollars.
  • It sux for the student body.
  • It sux for the players.
  • It sux for the coaches and their families.
No bueno all around.

You might be right about the bottom line. Of course, that depends on what the SUAD got paid for the game.

What is clearly not accounted for is the impact on the greater Syracuse community in CNY. The economy being what it is, the whole Syracuse community just lost $$.
  • The local hotels just lost several hundred (or thousands) bookings for that weekend.
  • The local restaurants and bars just lost thousands of dollars.
  • It sux for the student body.
  • It sux for the players.
  • It sux for the coaches and their families.
No bueno all around.
Yeah but Wildhack said that our home schedule still features 6 strong opponents, so no reason to worry for the Syracuse students and economy!!

It better be for a metric s-ton of money to endure the PR damage they're going to suffer. And I still doubt it's worth it.

This program has no margin for error, both on the field and off. This seems to be a huge unforced error that impacts both.
Where does the money come from? Who cares about this game outside of Syracuse and Pitt?

None of the math makes any sense to me. There tickets aren't that expensive to go in NY, hardly anyone buys them, no one cares about the backdrop on TV.

Everything is stupid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom