Men's Soccer - 2023 Schedule | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer 2023 Schedule

IMG_2820.jpeg

Did Suski play at all?
I don’t think so. Nor did Georgio. Both might have minor injuries.

Aiden played left full most or maybe all of the second half. Looked good there too.

Just looked at Niagara from last year. They weren't good at all. Their three best players transferred to Syracuse and I'm not sure how much those guys will play this year at Syracuse. Not only did they not start, they weren't in the first group of subs.

Just looked at Niagara from last year. They weren't good at all. Their three best players transferred to Syracuse and I'm not sure how much those guys will play this year at Syracuse. Not only did they not start, they weren't in the first group of subs.
I believe Stephen Haase played for Niagara and was not only a starter, but was a team captain last year. He played in the second half yesterday. I anticipate he will see playing time off the bench this year.

I believe Stephen Haase played for Niagara and was not only a starter, but was a team captain last year. He played in the second half yesterday. I anticipate he will see playing time off the bench this year.
I hope he does. I have nothing against these kids. It just seems they went from playing for a losing team to at the very best, subbing for us. I was more talking about their decision to come to Syracuse vs staying where they were.

Gotcha, I thought you meant that they did not start at Niagara.

I don’t take much from who starts in these exhibitions. I’ve seen players play in past exhibitions, who then never see the field the remainder of the season. Several players who will get major minutes this year, did not even step foot on the field until the second half.

With so many new players to the team, I think it may take awhile for everyone to gel. There does seem to be a lot of potential this year. Looking forward to watching them come together. Hope to meet you at the games.

I hope he does. I have nothing against these kids. It just seems they went from playing for a losing team to at the very best, subbing for us. I was more talking about their decision to come to Syracuse vs staying where they were.
Agree it is unlikely any of them start. Maybe they decided to see what soccer is like at the highest level in college? Maybe they have inspirations to coach and want to learn from the SU coaching staff?

Of all the transfers, I was most impressed with Leveque, the midfielder who transferred in from UConn. He appears to be an exceptional passer and it looked like SU tried to run the offense mostly through him when he was in.

Sjoberg actually wore shorts but he and a few others wore grey t-shirts, which I think identified them as not able to play. He had no wraps or braces on his legs and did not appear to be limping. Hoping he will be okay soon.

The SU keepers had little to do so it is hard to make any comments on them. But based only on appearance, I would give Wickham the nod. Guessing those two will split playing time for a while.

There were maybe 12 or 13 young ladies, all fit and college age who sat in front of me at midfield. Turns out they were all members of the women’s team. Many appeared to know players on the men’s team and the teams appear to be very supportive of each other. I am going to have to go to some women’s games now after spending time with them. Their coach also stopped by and sat with them briefly. Very nice ladies.

They were the first fans to enter the stadium. I was next.

Stands were half full for an exhibition against a lower team with bad weather forecast.

Gott start thinking about increasing the seating capacity. And of course, a new better scoreboard.

Gotcha, I thought you meant that they did not start at Niagara.

I don’t take much from who starts in these exhibitions. I’ve seen players play in past exhibitions, who then never see the field the remainder of the season. Several players who will get major minutes this year, did not even step foot on the field until the second half.

With so many new players to the team, I think it may take awhile for everyone to gel. There does seem to be a lot of potential this year. Looking forward to watching them come together. Hope to meet you at the games.
I am thinking hard about coming up on the 8th and 9th for the Louisville soccer game and the Western Mich football game. I haven't been back to the Hill in ages.

Agree it is unlikely any of them start. Maybe they decided to see what soccer is like at the highest level in college? Maybe they have inspirations to coach and want to learn from the SU coaching staff?

Of all the transfers, I was most impressed with Leveque, the midfielder who transferred in from UConn. He appears to be an exceptional passer and it looked like SU tried to run the offense mostly through him when he was in.

Sjoberg actually wore shorts but he and a few others wore grey t-shirts, which I think identified them as not able to play. He had no wraps or braces on his legs and did not appear to be limping. Hoping he will be okay soon.

The SU keepers had little to do so it is hard to make any comments on them. But based only on appearance, I would give Wickham the nod. Guessing those two will split playing time for a while.

There were maybe 12 or 13 young ladies, all fit and college age who sat in front of me at midfield. Turns out they were all members of the women’s team. Many appeared to know players on the men’s team and the teams appear to be very supportive of each other. I am going to have to go to some women’s games now after spending time with them. Their coach also stopped by and sat with them briefly. Very nice ladies.

They were the first fans to enter the stadium. I was next.

Stands were half full for an exhibition against a lower team with bad weather forecast.

Gott start thinking about increasing the seating capacity. And of course, a new better scoreboard.
Unless something has changed within the last week, Buster is fine. Spoke with him 2-weeks ago, he will be 100% to start the year.

I thought Nate Edwards looked good. Quick & handled the ball well in traffic. In seasons past, I’ve watched SU control the play & tempo of games, only to lose because they could not put the ball in the back of the net. Our defense will be strong this year, the key will be if the forwards & midfield come together. Curt Calov will prove to be a big loss this year.

As you know, the crowd was great last night, despite warnings of inclement weather. I believe several members of the LeMoyne men’s soccer team was also in attendance as well as the SU women’s basketball and hockey team. The attendance has been growing, and it is a great atmosphere, especially when the students return.

Unless something has changed within the last week, Buster is fine. Spoke with him 2-weeks ago, he will be 100% to start the year.

I thought Nate Edwards looked good. Quick & handled the ball well in traffic. In seasons past, I’ve watched SU control the play & tempo of games, only to lose because they could not put the ball in the back of the net. Our defense will be strong this year, the key will be if the forwards & midfield come together. Curt Calov will prove to be a big loss this year.

As you know, the crowd was great last night, despite warnings of inclement weather. I believe several members of the LeMoyne men’s soccer team was also in attendance as well as the SU women’s basketball and hockey team. The attendance has been growing, and it is a great atmosphere, especially when the students return.
That was the difference between the Orange and everyone else last year. We had two great scorers. I hoped that Suski would be one this year. Still might be but didn't play at all in the first half. Not a strong sign.

Any idea why Curt transferred? He got a bunch of time last year and was primed to start.

Any idea why Curt transferred? He got a bunch of time last year and was primed to start.
Spoke with him in April. I got the vibe that it was so he could be closer to home. He will make an immediate impact for Rutgers and hope he does well there.

23_24_FAL_MSOC_PreseasonAwards_WebHeader.png

2023 ACC Men’s Soccer Preseason Coaches Poll
Overall Champion

Clemson, 6 votes
Wake Forest, 2
Duke, 1
Pitt, 1
Syracuse, 1
Virginia, 1

Atlantic Division
Clemson (5), 58
Wake Forest (3), 56