2023 Spring Game Friday April 21st | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Spring Game Friday April 21st

An absolute shame that they are not going to allow people on the field after the game.

That was such an awesome experience as a fan and for the kids. It was truly a fan building event.

This is the kind of stuff the infuriates me with Syracuse Athletics

An absolute shame that they are not going to allow people on the field after the game.

That was such an awesome experience as a fan and for the kids. It was truly a fan building event.

No on field after the game?! My kids are going to be disappointed. They've been asking since literally last spring game when they can go on the field and get more autographs. They LOVED it. Already picked out their shirts they want to get signed.

Sounds like we can go down to the rails like at the end of the Seniors game. Can’t go on the field though like last year. The big draw back to this of course is that it makes photos a lot more tricky.

No on field after the game?! My kids are going to be disappointed. They've been asking since literally last spring game when they can go on the field and get more autographs. They LOVED it. Already picked out their shirts they want to get signed.

Per this from the article about the spring game…

"At the game's conclusion, fans are invited down to the railings of the JMA Dome, where they'll have opportunities to meet their favorite players."

Per this from the article about the spring game…

"At the game's conclusion, fans are invited down to the railings of the JMA Dome, where they'll have opportunities to meet their favorite players."

I read that too after reading your post, thanks. It's nice there is still some interaction but makes it more difficult for photos and autographs. Allowing people on the field provides so much room and ease for interaction with more players. I wonder what reasoning there is behind this change. On the surface, it seems stupid, to put it bluntly.

If you can park in Irving Garage going to the top level and using the bridge to the Dome would probably work well
Agree.

In case you didn’t know, there is an elevator at this garage and it is located right by the bridge over Irving. And I believe there is a new handicapped accessible entry point at Gate C, on the other side of the bridge.

All I see that is going on after the game is this:

If there is no post-game on-field player-fan interaction, this is a big change (for the worse) that the AD is going to hear about. Seems like a prime example of foot-shooting ... basically begging fans to stay home and stream . . . if they follow through on cancelling the most kid-friendly feature of the whole event.

If there is no post-game on-field player-fan interaction, this is a big change (for the worse) that the AD is going to hear about. Seems like a prime example of foot-shooting ... basically begging fans to stay home and stream . . . if they follow through on cancelling the most kid-friendly feature of the whole event.
Yeah that’s a bummer, there were so many kids on the field last year it was really encouraging to see. Having such close access to the program is one of the major advantages of CFB over the NFL. The AD struck out here this year on that.

That might be a Pete Sala / Tom Forgione thing. From the sound of it, the Dome has been much more anxious to get people out quickly from various events than they used to be.

Too many parents and kids tearing their ACL's on the field turf.

The new SU Athletics website is borderline unusable. Who makes these decisions??

The actual website at Syr.edu or the Cuse.com app? I don’t have a problem with either.

The actual website at Syr.edu or the Cuse.com app? I don’t have a problem with either.
I think he means Cuse.com (a/k/a "SUAthletics"). I noticed the changes as well. It's different visually and quite a bit slower.

We’re going to the game tonight so it’s not a huge deal but I noticed on YouTube TV that it’s not airing until Tuesday on ACCN. Wanted to watch it again when we got home, though that will just have to wait a few days.

We’re going to the game tonight so it’s not a huge deal but I noticed on YouTube TV that it’s not airing until Tuesday on ACCN. Wanted to watch it again when we got home, though that will just have to wait a few days.
You should be able to watch on the ESPN app before then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom