2023 SyracuseFan Fantasy Baseball?? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2023 SyracuseFan Fantasy Baseball??

I have officially released Alek Manoah - he is available to anybody that wants him.
What a bust he has been this year.

My #3 and #4 picks have been flops (Manoah and Harris). I have continued to stick with Harris.

Just saw the Degrom news. Feel free to nix the trade if you feel it’s no longer fair as it’s going to finalized tomorrow.

Just saw the Degrom news. Feel free to nix the trade if you feel it’s no longer fair as it’s going to finalized tomorrow.
I just voted against it, if that helps. I don’t know how many no votes are needed in a case like this.

I just voted against it, if that helps. I don’t know how many no votes are needed in a case like this.
I just did the same. Trade was done in good faith but these things happen.

Oh man. Wish I knew this was back and active. I won back to back titles few years ago.

Perhaps this will make you feel better. 2 weeks ago, I was bored one night, and with the league stats I compiled standings based on rotisserie... obviously head to head is different than rotisserie, but it could show teams that have been "lucky" so far and "unlucky" and predict better days ahead.

At the time the top 3 based on rotisserie were MSOrange, your team, and my team. And only MS Orange was near the top.

The teams at the top that had perhaps overachieved, were UncleCharlie and Autry's Army.
I've overachieved (UncleCharlie) and I am getting crushed with IL in my other yahoo league - so as my man Marty says,
martyparty.png
luck plays a part

What sucks (for me, and nobody else) is that I've never been non-competitive before. I am this year.

As Michael Jackson said, "I'm starting with the man in the mirror."

Thinking of changing my team name to 'My Big Toe' as Judge's tootsie is my Achilles' heel.

Either way, my team doesn't have a leg to stand on...

Last edited:
Even though I’m not in the league, I have to ask: Is anyone else starting Alcantara and Manoah or is that just me?

Even though I’m not in the league, I have to ask: Is anyone else starting Alcantara and Manoah or is that just me?

I picked him up yesterday.

I had Manoah for April and May (picked him 40th overall or so), until I finally had enough and released him a few days before his demotion in early June. Painful as a fantasy player and worse as a Jays fan.

But I picked him up yesterday as a free agent and started him tonight. Expected him to be miserable, but there was no damn way I wasn't going to have him in case he came back and did well.

And he did do very well tonight -- sort of. It was Detroit thankfully. His velocity was still the same as it was in May (which is about 2mph less than last year) and slider still has nowhere near the movement as last year. Hopefully he can keep it going next start.

I think my team is running out of gas with Joe Ryan on the DL, Shane McClanahan out for the year and Kershaw just back being injured and probably to be injured again, knowing him.

I think my team is running out of gas with Joe Ryan on the DL, Shane McClanahan out for the year and Kershaw just back being injured and probably to be injured again, knowing him.

Well at least one of us has to do decent this week as we play each other, after both getting destroyed last week.

We had pulled away from 3rd place a bit before last week (10 point difference between first and second) and then we both got beat handily by the 3rd and 4th place teams. The race between the top 4 just got much closer.

Finishing 1st and 2nd in the league is pretty big in this league as it means a first round bye -- and really anybody in the top 8 can beat anybody in a one week matchuo.

My team has been a yo-yo for the past 6 weeks, but finally got some momentum to take 2nd place. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

I’m against bottom three over the next four weeks…. I’ll either be in fourth come playoff time. Or be one of those in the bottom three. No in between with my team.

My team is full out imploding right now in the middle of a tough schedule (facing the top 4 teams other than myself, the past three weeks and this one).

Started well with a 10-2 win over Chop. But since then I have lost by a combined 18-4, and if you include so far this week I am losing 28-5.

I had got close to MSO after that week over Chop. But now I am not even guaranteed a playoff spot ... I do have some gap to work with, but its not a lock.

The playoffs started this week after a tight race for the final playoff spot.

Matchup #1
I'm up 11-0 on Chip heading into Sunday in the 3-6 matchup. I see that Chip loaded up with 5 starters today -- and really that was the move he had to make -- I actually went with the reverse strategy and made some moves to improve my team for next week (released today's starter for a Monday starter and added another starter for Monday). Will I regret not making sure to lock this week first?

I have a fairly decent lead in most offensive categories so I should be able to hold on, but if Chip has a big day with his pitchers and batters he could certainly make things interesting.
Neither team has pitched or hit that well this week - I had a huge Monday and that was it.

Matchup #2
Autry leads Guy Fawkes 6-4, but there are 7 categories that can easily swing today.
Autry also holds the tiebreaker if it ends up 6-6 which might actually come into play.

Looks like the Guy Fawkes - Autry's Army Matchup might come down to whether Ian Happ can hit a HR tonight.

Right now its 6-4 for Guy - if Ian Happ hits a HR in the 7:10 game tonight, it would change the score to 5-5, and Autry holds the tiebreaker.

There are a few other guys playing in the 5th (Machado and Torkelson) that could change things as well.

My teams get really lucky come playoff time. Last year as the 6 seed, I won the playoffs with a cumulative score of 29-5. This week I go 12-0, so 41-5 in the last 4 playoff matches.

GM Team blew me out about a month ago though -- I think my run will be ending next week.

I better not lose the wins category by one!

Braxton Garrett (on my team) had a great outing, left with a 3-0 lead.
Tanner Scott (on GM's team) is brought into close and blows the lead and Garrett's win. Marlins then win in the bottom of the ninth and the win goes to Scott. Brutal!

My team was 0-24 at a point last week and I was able to eek out a win. Need a minor miracle again this week as my team decided to not hit/take some PTO against MSOrange.

Ironically I thought it would always be my pitching to let me down.

Both matchups could go either way at this point heading into Sunday - a critical factor could be the fact that if the score ends 6-6, MS Orange and GM's Team would advance.

MS Orange is down 7-5, but there are some easily turned categories in particular OPS
RBI - 33 to 29
OPS - 798 to 782

GM's team is down 9-3. Going with 5 pitches against 2, but I think the chances are fairly high that I hold on to all 6 pitching categories. That being said GM's team could take all the offensive categories and make it 6-6, and then win. He needs to turn 3 offensive categories, 2 which are very close, and one that can be reasonably closed.
Runs - 28 to 27
AVG - 289 to 282
RBI's - 30 to 24
The RBI's is the hardest one - 6 is a decent lead for one day, but its certainly possible.

My team was 0-24 at a point last week and I was able to eek out a win. Need a minor miracle again this week as my team decided to not hit/take some PTO against MSOrange.

Ironically I thought it would always be my pitching to let me down.
Your team found their bats in the second half of the week. Not looking great for me.

GM's team starters (3 going so far), have 8 shutout innings so far -
Carlos Rodon struggling for me in the first inning

Still a decent gap in ERA and WHIP if Rodon settles down. But perhaps GM's team could get the 3 quality starts today needed to get that tie.

Was hoping to be able to scratch Wacha today to avoid an ERA or WHIP implosion .. but the pressure is certainly on and I may not have a choice. Will need to make that choice by 4:00.

GM's team starters (3 going so far), have 8 shutout innings so far -
Carlos Rodon struggling for me in the first inning

Still a decent gap in ERA and WHIP if Rodon settles down. But perhaps GM's team could get the 3 quality starts today needed to get that tie.

Was hoping to be able to scratch Wacha today to avoid an ERA or WHIP implosion .. but the pressure is certainly on and I may not have a choice. Will need to make that choice by 4:00.

GM's pitchers ended up giving 16 runs over the next 8 innings. So I will be sweeping all the pitching categories.

So it comes down to whether GM's team can make a big move and overtake me in RBI's (35-29 currently). Jordan Walker will need a huge game! I like my chances but its not clinched yet.

Your team found their bats in the second half of the week. Not looking great for me.

This one is going to be very close.

It looks like it will come down to OPS which is almost a tie at this point (782 vs 769). You swing that one around and you win. It will probably come down to what Francisco Lindor and Nick Castellanos can do in the 6:05 game.