2023 SyracuseFan Fantasy Baseball?? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023 SyracuseFan Fantasy Baseball??

GM's pitchers ended up giving 16 runs over the next 8 innings. So I will be sweeping all the pitching categories.

So it comes down to whether GM's team can make a big move and overtake me in RBI's (35-29 currently). Jordan Walker will need a huge game! I like my chances but its not clinched yet.

Juan Soto with a 3 run HR in the second, gives me an 8 RBI lead... probably clinches the victory for me.

Thanks GuyFawkes for Soto -- although Vladdy had a big day for you today as well.

Raising a potential scoring issue - I am hoping Yahoo Fantasy makes the proper adjustments at a later time.

Yesterday, Tarik Skubal pitched 4 shutout innings vs KC and got 8 strikeouts. Unfortunately the game was suspended after 4 innings due to weather and it continued this afternoon in the fifth inning.

However, Yahoo Fantasy has not yet credited my team / Skubal with any statistics on either Wednesday or Thursday. Losing 4 shutout innings and 8 strikeouts could certainly make the difference in a close battle.

He was well on the way to a win and a quality start, but that is just the way it works - can't blame Yahoo for that part. That is just bad luck. But not crediting me with 4 shutout innings and 8K's is certainly on them.

It stinks but I think it’s always been ‘No game’ if they don’t get 5 innings. It’ll be another full game at a later date (this week I’d assume)

I just looked into the Tigers game. Ya you got ripped off. They should and I would expect them to give you the 4ip,8ks bc they only suspended the game.

I just looked into the Tigers game. Ya you got ripped off. They should and I would expect them to give you the 4ip,8ks bc they only suspended the game.

Well Carlos Rodon with his brilliant 0.0 innings, 8 Earned Run performance just made things very interesting... he may have cost me the season.

I figured I was safe in the ERA/WHIP independent of what Yahoo did with Skubal, but Rodon just said Nope.

Well that changed quickly!
Leading at the start of the day 9-1, and now I am behind 8-4.

My team imploded and hit 3-30, my pitchers pitched 5 innings with an ERA of 23.63. Great day!
Fawkes team hit solidly and pitched solidly, but nothing mindblowing either.

The pickings for extra starters to play are very slim. I picked Connor Phillips up tonight -- he proceeded to walk 3 start batters to start the game and got the immediate hook. Not sure if it was a real hook or injury related.

But the Phillips / Rodon combo has really screwed my chances.
2 starts, 0.0 innings pitched, 11 Earned Runs!!

It also appears that Sanchez from Philly who I picked up Thursday for this start will not pitch. I believe he was scheduled to go yesterday, but now that it was rained out he will not pitch at all. Some bad luck perhaps, but moreso some really poor roster mgmt by me -- I should not have picked up a pitcher that is on a team that has already clinched until the start was certain.

All my moves are done at this point.
Looks like my bats are going to need to come through big to make a comeback.

Here's what it looks like it will come down too:

I am down 6-5. To win I need the following:
1) Take the HR Category which is currently tied
2) Hold the SB category (I am up by 1)
3) Guy Fawkes has one roster addition available I think -- I presume that will be an SP - that SP cannot get a quality start.

That would make the score 6-6, and I hold the tiebreaker.

So it can certainly go either way. If Guy can go through the starter scrap heap and find a quality start in there, it would be huge for him. He found it tonight with Joe Boyle from Oakland - kudos on finding him -- had never heard of him.

Fawkes, you are really getting screwed today by the last day lineup's. I was lucky that 10 of my 12 players are playing, so I have a full lineup. You only have 5 players starting today, and 6 sitting.

Congrats to Guy Fawkes who wins the final 7-5. (not sure if Skubal was updated or not in the end, but it would not have made any difference in the score in the end... no categories would have flipped)

I had 31 AB's vs Guy's 19, but in the end he had 2HR and I had O HR, and that was the difference.

Fun season. Feels good to be a champion and my opponents were really really good. I got lucky throughout and it’s better to be lucky than good. Thanks to those who entertained my trade offers during the long grueling season. I only had 5 players on my team at the end that yahoo originally drafted.

On a side note, now that I won, I can officially never roster Ozuna.

Cheers

Another really fun season! Wish I didn't fall apart during the playoffs after doing so well during the regular season, but that's what can happen in one week. Thanks for organizing and everyone who participated and took it seriously, so it's a fun league.

Season 5 Yes GIF by Paramount+

Confirmed that I am still in.

I was in a few years ago. Am I invited back?

We lost one, so I think we're down to nine.

Meaning, we need at least one more.

Don't want Hak Attack, though...he's too good! (I kid, I kid.)

At 10 teams currently! Can add up to 4 more. If anyone wants to jump in, there are spots available!

I can’t wait to finish 2nd again for the 3rd year in a row (eye roll)

Friendly reminder of the draft tonight at 8pm. See you all there.