2024 ACC Men's Basketball Tournament Projections | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2024 ACC Men's Basketball Tournament Projections

Bc/GT and then Virginia is a much better path than NC State and UNC. I’ll be rooting for Clemson against Wake.
1000%. We aren't beating NC State for a third time. We need the 6 seed.

Don’t forget we could still get the 5 seed, if Clemson and NC State both win. Personally, I don’t want the 5 seed. Would prefer not to have to play Clemson again. Better chance against UVA.

Hm. I ran that scenario and it still seems to land us in 6th. But that is simply picking a Pitt and Wake loss. Maybe a combination of other results/tie breakers gets us the 5?
Screenshot_20240306_081658_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240306_081707_Chrome.jpg

we need games and wins. plain and simple. The 6 seed in the end will work out better than the 4 seed IMO. We need 3 wins in the ACC tourney to even be considered. I still say we need to win the tourney to have any chance at a bid. The bubble is rock solid this season

we need games and wins. plain and simple. The 6 seed in the end will work out better than the 4 seed IMO. We need 3 wins in the ACC tourney to even be considered. I still say we need to win the tourney to have any chance at a bid. The bubble is rock solid this season
the 4 seed is gone, so no worries there

Hm. I ran that scenario and it still seems to land us in 6th. But that is simply picking a Pitt and Wake loss. Maybe a combination of other results/tie breakers gets us the 5?
View attachment 238482
View attachment 238483
That would definitely get us the 5 seed.. It would only be Cuse and Pitt with 11 wins and we would have the tiebreaker for 5th place.. Pitt and Wake both having home games on senior night and be favored .. Not expecting losses here

That would definitely get us the 5 seed.. It would only be Cuse and Pitt with 11 wins and we would have the tiebreaker for 5th place.. Pitt and Wake both having home games on senior night and be favored .. Not expecting losses here

Yep, you're right. Just re-ran that. I want no part of the 5 seed. Get me to the 6!

Patrick Stevens @D1scourse

Updated ACC:

1 North Carolina 16-3
2 Duke 15-4
3 Virginia 12-7
4 Clemson 11-8 (HTH)
5 Pitt 11-8
6 Cuse 11-9
7 Wake 10-9
8 VT 9-10 (2-1 minigroup; 1-1 v. UVa)
9 FSU 9-10 (2-1; 0-1)
10 NC State 9-10 (0-2)
11 BC 7-12 (3-0)
12 ND 7-12 (2-2)
13 GT 7-12 (0-3)
14 Miami 6-13
15 UL 3-16

9:40 PM · Mar 6, 2024

What exactly needs to happen for us to get the 6 seed and virginia the 3?

I'm not so sold on Virginia as some of you. Bennett will do everything he can to take Judah out of the picture. Yes, we could still win without him, but it would take a great game from at least two of the others.

I much rather be on UNC's side of the bracket than Duke's. A dream would be Cuse 6 seed, UVA 3 seed and UNC 2 seed for me
If you want this to happen need to pull for Duke and Clemson tonight. Otherwise Duke drops to the 2 seed and likely opponent if we get there.

I'm not so sold on Virginia as some of you. Bennett will do everything he can to take Judah out of the picture. Yes, we could still win without him, but it would take a great game from at least two of the others.
The position with them is they have issues scoring and we can’t defend, so hopefully we can outscore them

The position with them is they have issues scoring and we can’t defend, so hopefully we can outscore them
We haven’t been able to score against them and they completely take Judah out of the game.

Well compared to the other 4? They’re most certainly the least difficult task out there

If you want this to happen need to pull for Duke and Clemson tonight. Otherwise Duke drops to the 2 seed and likely opponent if we get there.
So it’s not looking good for Duke. My question is this. The preferred seed was 6 before. Do we want still want the 6 seed and play Duke potentially or do we want the 5 (which we can still get) and play Clemson a third time potentially.

If Pitt wins we’ll be 7, Clemson 6, WF 5.

We’re gonna get NCSt(?), then Duke, then Clemson or UVa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom