2024 Cuse Draft projections | Syracusefan.com

2024 Cuse Draft projections

I’ll just leave this here…

Obviously I'm no scout and dont follow the NBA as closely as college but I'm not convinced in the "explosion" of Clingan. That is unless he can evolve into a big man that can be effective for 30 minutes vs just 14 and can do more offensively as a focus point.

Look at all the productive big men who have been incredible at the college level and it rarely translates to draft positioning.

For him it's good he has started so high and I think he is very good myself but everyone needs to see it for double the minutes. As good as he was- he did become less effective when his minutes were stretched out last year.

Obviously I'm no scout and know very little but I'm not convinced in the "explosion" of Clingan. That is unless he can evolve into a big man that can be effective for 30 minutes vs just 14 and can do more offensively as a focus point.

Look at all the productive big men who have been incredible at the college level and it rarely translates to draft positioning.

For him it's good he has started so high and I think he is very good myself but everyone needs to see it for double the minutes. As good as he was- he did become less effective when his minutes were stretched out last year.
Maybe. I think his upside and potential is much greater than the guys who came out this year. I could see him having a Brook Lopez type NBA career.

Yeah, kinda figured with Judah slipping to potential undrafted status in the 2023 draft that he was no longer viewed as a first for 2024.

Yeah- although it's not a bad spot to work from to move up for the moment at least.

Maybe. I think his upside and potential is much greater than the guys who came out this year. I could see him having a Brook Lopez type NBA career.

Certainly possible. He didn't take a 3 last year so will be curious if he showcases more from a shooting perspective. That part of his game paired with his stamina and mobility being the primary big is what I'm looking at.

Think JJ and Mintz have top 30 potential.

From what I’ve heard it wouldnt shock me if Benny works his weigh into the 2nd round too.

*hides*

Benny has some things like athleticism in his favor if he figures things out. We shall see. It's a long road to get to that point for him.

Just to add the closest comparable high draft pick more recently I can point to is maybe Wiseman? The rest of the bigs taken early are much more athletic than Clingan is even if production wasn't all that impressive.

Wiseman was ahead at the same stage I would argue too and by a good bit.

Benny has some things like athleticism in his favor if he figures things out. We shall see. It's a long road to get to that point for him.
Benny could be a monster on defense. 6'9 very athletic and bouncy.

Just to add the closest comparable high draft pick more recently I can point to is maybe Wiseman? The rest of the bigs taken early are much more athletic than Clingan is even if production wasn't all that impressive.

Wiseman was ahead at the same stage I would argue too and by a good bit.
I don’t think Wiseman was ever a special player personally and I think if he hadn’t bailed on college, he would have slid down draft boards the more people saw him. Clingan will likely be picked lower than Wiseman was but he’s a better player at this stage IMO.

Ignite: Top 2, three total in the first round and five overall

That’s not counting the foreign guys.

As they note in the article, 6 of the first 25 are either from Ignite or the Australian NBL. I think 13 total are either Ignite or foreign.

I don’t think Wiseman was ever a special player personally and I think if he hadn’t bailed on college, he would have slid down draft boards the more people saw him. Clingan will likely be picked lower than Wiseman was but he’s a better player at this stage IMO.

Interesting. I like Clingan just not sure I see it yet. He was really good in like 5-7 minute segments. Any longer and he became more foul prone and far less effective. If his stamina , shot and lateral mobility can improve and be at a high level for 25 plus a game though- yeah look out.

For reference- the 5.8 fouls per 40 is the big metric that speaks a little to that concern.

Last edited:
Think JJ and Mintz have top 30 potential.

From what I’ve heard it wouldnt shock me if Benny works his weigh into the 2nd round too.

*hides*
Benny has the measurables, but becoming an NBA prospect would require him showing things he hasn’t showed yet.

To date, he’s been a streaky jump shooter who doesn’t really utilize his athleticism.

Perhaps with experience and a new system, his b-ball instincts will develop to where he becomes a solid defender, rebounder, and he learns to get some easy buckets on the other end.

Him, Chance and Bell.

Westry makes sense pro wise given how he can do so many things a la an Andre Jackson type. Also not someone who needs gaudy numbers to have a big impact or to make a case he is a pro prospect.

Havent heard anything pro potential wise about him. Just that he’s grinding and putting a lot of positive work in during the offseason.
Bell has the #1 sought after skill in shooting and he’s athletic. I think he is capable of being much better than he was last year. Sleeper pick to get a pro contract. We'll see whether he can defend this year, which I suspect will be something he needs to seriously work on.

Ignite: Top 2, three total in the first round and five overall

That’s not counting the foreign guys.

As they note in the article, 6 of the first 25 are either from Ignite or the Australian NBL. I think 13 total are either Ignite or foreign.
yeah, but not sure if they are competition for the college game yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom