2024 Seating Changes | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

David332

All American
Price increases (or decreases), bumping, STH conversations etc. The Clemson attendance thread got somewhat derailed so figured this would be a good spot for a dedicated thread.

Heard that ticket reps will be reaching out to everyone in Nov/Dec.

Price increases (or decreases), bumping, STH conversations etc. The Clemson attendance thread got somewhat derailed so figured this would be a good spot for a dedicated thread.

Heard that ticket reps will be reaching out to everyone in Nov/Dec.

Some ticket reps for the lower bowl have already touched base with their season ticket holders and have had meetings with them

Oh wow, so it’s already begun. Makes sense as they did say it would go by a combination of donor rank and seniority.

I did learn in this process that donations to specific coaches funds (say football) have less of an impact on your donor rank and don't count to the overall amount you give. I find that bizarre but it's the system they designed.

I did learn in this process that donations to specific coaches funds (say football) have less of an impact on your donor rank and don't count to the overall amount you give. I find that bizarre but it's the system they designed.
Wow. So they go through the same process as a general donation to the CAF, but if you check the box to select a specific fund, they don’t count it as a donation to Athletics? First, that makes no sense whatsoever and second, nowhere on Cuse.com are you given that information.

Wow. So they go through the same process as a general donation to the CAF, but if you check the box to select a specific fund, they don’t count it as a donation to Athletics? First, that makes no sense whatsoever and second, nowhere on Cuse.com are you given that information.

Boy I hope that is wrong! That could cause some massive issues

What? That makes no sense at all, which for SU sort of makes sense.

It's confusing as there's an annual giving level, where it doesn't count. But then separately, it counts into the donor priority points systems. But if you don't reach a certainty membership level, you won't be ranked above any of those people. So you can give substantially more, but if you allocate to a coaches fund, you're put at a disadvantage.

I voiced my displeasure at this system and how it's counter intuitive, that most fans don't realize it and that it discourages giving to individual sports.

Your Annual Membership Level is determined by the sum of your annual tax-deductible donations made to the Athletics Opportunity Fund and your annual required seat-related* 'CAF memberships that are included in any season ticket purchase(s).

Accounts are then ranked by Priority Points within your 'CAF Annual Membership Level.

Priority Points are calculated on the following factors:
1 point
for every $100 (paid) in current membership year giving to any Athletics fund**
1 point for every $1,000 of lifetime giving to any Athletics fund**
1 point for every $5,000 of lifetime giving to the University

Oh wow, so it’s already begun. Makes sense as they did say it would go by a combination of donor rank and seniority.
Wait. Wait wait wait. Do you mean that if someone who’s a “donor” wants to take the preferred seats I’ve had in basketball for 15 years, they can do it? I thought it was going to be a bit of shuffling due to the increase in chair size but I always thought the rows would stay the same. Same for football where I have had non-preferred season tickets on the aisle for ten years.

I’m not going to hyperventilate about this until I get clarity.
paper bag GIF

Wait. Wait wait wait. Do you mean that if someone who’s a “donor” wants to take the preferred seats I’ve had in basketball for 15 years, they can do it? I thought it was going to be a bit of shuffling due to the increase in chair size but I always thought the rows would stay the same. Same for football where I have had non-preferred season tickets on the aisle for ten years.

paper bag GIF
I’m not sure what they’re going to do exactly, but that they will have some type of system in place and that there will definitely be bumping.

paper bag GIF
Great Sheldon gif usage!

paper bag GIF
I spoke to a ticket rep last month who told me, and I quote..."every seat is up for grabs". She said it goes by donation rank, seniority, and another 3rd factor I can't remember.

When I said, if I don't get seats similar to what I have now, then I don't want tickets. Her response was, "well you may get better seats" I said bless your soul knowing there is zero chance of that happening.

So, that's how I understand it but I admit she didn't sound confident explaining the process to me and said she would have more details at a later date.

I spoke to a ticket rep last month who told me, and I quote..."every seat is up for grabs". She said it goes by donation rank, seniority, and another 3rd factor I can't remember.

When I said, if I don't get seats similar to what I have now, then I don't want tickets. Her response was, "well you may get better seats" I said bless your soul knowing there is zero chance of that happening.

So, that's how I understand it but I admit she didn't sound confident explaining the process to me and said she would have more details at a later date.
Correct. This is why the donor rank matters. And why I got annoyed at not realizing my donations to the football coaches fund don’t even count. It’s a bizarre system. There’s going to be annoyed people. But at least they’re doing it at a time when season tickets are down. So folks should find some stuff they like.

paper bag GIF

The rows can’t stay the same because they are removing 3-4 seats per row.

I had a voice message yesterday from the school.

Haven't followed up yet, but I'm sure it regards to ticketing

paper bag GIF

This is accurate.

It’s a combination of how much you have donated and how long you have had season tickets.

The original plan was strictly by donation.

lucky for me i sit up high where no one has sat all yr.. though I think there may be people for this game..

Everyone is doing it. Need to let people pay more for comfortable seats too. I remember at old foxboro stadium there were like 2 sections in the corners with chairs not benches that were the most expensive but the worst seats and had highest demand bc 3.5 hours is too long to be on a bench. I’d like an upper concourse that overlooks the field the top of the 300s.

I was told the same thing that if I want to increase my donor rank the donation must go to the Athletic Directors Fund.