2024 Seating Changes | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Seamless process, took 5 minutes. got same seats, parking pass. Quit whining
Am I whining? I don't expect any issues in the process for me. I took my shot to see if I can improve my seats. No chance I get worse, might get better.

But stating facts about the process, is that really whining?

I have had enough contact off thread to know that more people are worried even if they didn't all post here.
This may all run like clock work, That would be great.

But we have full blown threads about game management /clock managment/players play

This is an AD run thing and whether we agree or not with some of the decisions they chose to make on this the management of the this has been poor.

Communication/Application/presentation those they controlled.

Am I whining? I don't expect any issues in the process for me. I took my shot to see if I can improve my seats. No chance I get worse, might get better.

I have had enough contact off thread to know that more people are worried even if they didn't all post here.

But we have full blown threads about game management /clock managment/players play

This is an AD run thing and whether we agree or not with some of the decisions they chose to make on this the management of the this has been poor.

I think that would be an understatement. Things change, adapt and move on or don't and that's fine too

You haven't been stating facts, you've been making up wild scenarios and then using that to criticize the process.

What some term “poor management” others consider being responsive almost to a fault. The AD could have said “We have a priority system in place and that’s what we will use” and left it at that. Instead they tweaked the system SEVEN times by my count with no alternative other than to manually adjust largely due to the restrictions of their ticketing provider. When you open a process up to manual intervention you should expect timing challenges, some degree of human error and, perhaps, less than optimal outside visibility.

Individuals have the right to be critical, whether justified or not, but that criticism should be balanced with an attempt to understand the objectives and magnitude of a project.

ANYONE want to screenshot when they pick so we can see how things are going?

Most of the higher end guys/gals will be going next week, that's likely your best bet to get a screen shot.

You haven't been stating facts, you've been making up wild scenarios and then using that to criticize the process.
Show me where I made up a wild scenario? I posed some seating potential issues, and not to criticize but to make people aware of what might happen and be prepared . I simple asked if they had plans to handle the issue or just let it resolve it itself.

If you have a project this complex and don't plan for that simple process that's different than realizing it might happen and choose a different process to handle it. I don't know what they made that decision on?

You are the one who says it is a non issue.

Is posing the question criticizing?

My criticism has been mainly poor notification emails, timing issues, update issues. All facts.

The Donor level decision and seat choosing process, others here said it was money grab.

In the long run the decisions they made could work out great for me or be a zero sum gain. If its great for me its not good for others.

If I had been running this project I would wanted more feedback from the people who were going to have to adjust to these changes, I agree that is a criticism of the project.

I think people asking questions or voicing their concerns on something we are all going through for the first time isn't necessarily whining.

I think expecting every person to read every comment in this 80+ page thread and to understand the process (and the revisions to said process as it went along) is a little ridiculous.

If there needs to be rules for threads that "please read entire thread" the Mods would do that.

I don't know. We're all trying to avoid any mistakes in the process. People go out of their way to ask questions in this community (not a TM hot line) and they shouldn't be lambasted.

if the 100 a day or so people processing tickets holds true a couple thousand or so tickets will be gone by this week. Add that to the roughly 6k removed and the student hold and we have filled 20% of the old dome. Add another 4 days in next week and might be 10% filled of the new dome.
I hope it is not 100 a day or so. Anyone that has done the selection process so far care to share their donor rank. Mine is less than 400 and I don't select till next Tuesday. My rep said I should be in good shape but until I am able to select and see what is available seat and parking wise I will be a bit concerned. Obviously bigger issues than this but I am a 40 year season ticket holder and depending on the outcome of this process may affect whether it goes past this year.

Next Tues is day 5. So that is about right. The 100 was just my guess with the 5 min window 12 slots an hr 8 slots a day so 384 thru day 4. Monday is holiday.

Have to be careful asking questions here.

I hope it is not 100 a day or so. Anyone that has done the selection process so far care to share their donor rank. Mine is less than 400 and I don't select till next Tuesday. My rep said I should be in good shape but until I am able to select and see what is available seat and parking wise I will be a bit concerned. Obviously bigger issues than this but I am a 40 year season ticket holder and depending on the outcome of this process may affect whether it goes past this year.

Keep in mind no one's picking memorial day and who knows how many if any they are doing on Friday as most places close early for the holiday weekend.

I think people asking questions or voicing their concerns on something we are all going through for the first time isn't necessarily whining.

I think expecting every person to read every comment in this 80+ page thread and to understand the process (and the revisions to said process as it went along) is a little ridiculous.

If there needs to be rules for threads that "please read entire thread" the Mods would do that.

I don't know. We're all trying to avoid any mistakes in the process. People go out of their way to ask questions in this community (not a TM hot line) and they shouldn't be lambasted.
Pretty clear that over time every question that has been brought up has brought out a new person with another question or confusion. There have been tons of twists in the process and even the answers

Keep in mind no one's picking memorial day and who knows how many if any they are doing on Friday as most places close early for the holiday weekend.
And also add in that 400 is the overall Donor number not the FB number. As Jeremy said we dont really know what Friday brings for actual selection that day. The first 3 levels are money driven by more than ticket purchases, after that it starts to move towards STs for a good period of time in both sports then the single sports as you go down the levels for people who don't donate extra money. If friday is a light day 400 could be close to 300-350 in the FB process.

Good point about Memorial Day, although the donor rank listed is actually higher I was told than it is for football since as has been pointed out not all are football STHs, so it is actually less than 300 for this process but I hope that it is the case that time slots have been allocated to allow time to check and make selections without feeling like you have to rush. If that is the case then at least that will be helpful and a good thing and a reason the process has a longer time frame than I had originally thought it would. My Rep said that I should be in a good position when my time comes to pick. Not complaining but just trying to figure out more about the process. Going to games especially football games is something I do look forward to so probably more concern than should be.

Yup, I know my Donor rank and Fb rank is about 40% lower.

If you have a number under 300 and go tues then maybe friday is a non day or the number guess of 100 is too high? Maybe there are some ties and more than 1 is in a window? We never really heard if they are completely exclusive windows of purchase.

100 a day puts me with about 25 or so of my time slot guess. Maybe its 8-5 and a day is a bit more than 100 but your 300 would have happened already?

Good point about Memorial Day, although the donor rank listed is actually higher I was told than it is for football since as has been pointed out not all are football STHs, so it is actually less than 300 for this process but I hope that it is the case that time slots have been allocated to allow time to check and make selections without feeling like you have to rush. If that is the case then at least that will be helpful and a good thing and a reason the process has a longer time frame than I had originally thought it would. My Rep said that I should be in a good position when my time comes to pick. Not complaining but just trying to figure out more about the process. Going to games especially football games is something I do look forward to so probably more concern than should be.

I think you'll be in really good shape, can't imagine you would have any issues getting yoru old seats back and parking will be zero problem whatsoever. I believe the first few days are higher end guys and some high rollers. SU is likely taking it a little slower to ensure things go smoothly and seeing what patterns if any development. I would note that Friday may not have any picks so essentially today and tomorrow are probably the only two days before it re-opens on next Tuesday. Don't think you'd have to really rush at all as that 5 window doesn't have dozen of others logging on at the same time. I am recommending everyone have at least a plan B in their minds if the original spot isn't available. I certainly think you could take your time and your going early enough that even taking a few hours if you wanted wouldn't make much of a difference. For those going in June though I wouldn't recommend taking more then 15-20 minutes at most.

I would guess that they are going by giving level. So Day 1 might only have 25 or so people in the first giving level. Day 2 might only have 50 people (75) in the second level. Day 3 might have 75 people (150) or the 1st half of the third level, and Day 4 another 75 people (225) or the 2nd half of the third level. So by the time you get to Tuesday you are in the 4th level and #226-#326 overall.

If HRE is guessing correctly 400 would be inside level 4 and if friday is a non day or a soft day that would explain it. Even level 4 only has 200 people in it. Level 5 is where it starts to ramp up.

If HRE is guessing correctly 400 would be inside level 4 and if friday is a non day or a soft day that would explain it. Even level 4 only has 200 people in it. Level 5 is where it starts to ramp up.

Let me further challenge your math. The first couple tiers are 10 minute windows. Then it goes to 5 minute windows. Then the bottom several tiers are 2 minute windows.

Let me further challenge your math. The first couple tiers are 10 minute windows. Then it goes to 5 minute windows. Then the bottom several tiers are 2 minute windows.

2 min windows seems challenging. Some people are going to need to call their rep. You might not be able to get through as there are 15 other people picking within 15 mins of you.

2 min windows seems challenging. Some people are going to need to call their rep. You might not be able to get through as there are 15 other people picking within 15 mins of you.

People may way to be prepared to make their own picks, I would advise against relying on their rep. I know of a person who asked to be called when their pick was up and the rep essentially said no he had to many others and that it was easy to do online.

That would make sense as I go June 3 and my time starts at 1:18

So that would imply at Tier 6 and lower you’re going to be 2 monitor windows…