2024 Yankees Season | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Yankees Season

It seems that there’s no shortage of sombreros as Cinco de Mayo rolls around.

MLB has to change the catchers interference rule, that’s the 3rd time this season already I’ve seen it called where the batter doesn’t hit the glove until the ball is already in the glove.Batters that are fooled are intentionally reaching back and hitting the catchers glove.

MLB has to change the catchers interference rule, that’s the 3rd time this season already I’ve seen it called where the batter doesn’t hit the glove until the ball is already in the glove.Batters that are fooled are intentionally reaching back and hitting the catchers glove.
Another contributing factor is catchers try to move as far forward as possible for framing purposes.

Another contributing factor is catchers try to move as far forward as possible for framing purposes.
True, but I really believe guys are intentionally reaching back and swinging down knowing they can hit catchers glove.

True, but I really believe guys are intentionally reaching back and swinging down knowing they can hit catchers glove.
It's a bit of a stretch to think there are very many players who are making a conscious effort to do that.

It's a bit of a stretch to think there are very many players who are making a conscious effort to do that.
Not a lot of players but there are guys I believe that are doing it. Jacoby Ellsbury was a pro at it.

Not a lot of players but there are guys I believe that are doing it. Jacoby Ellsbury was a pro at it.
If you're at the plate thinking about doing that, you're not focusing on your primary responsibilities as a hitter.

Ellsbury was a pro at finding ways to not play and still get paid.

Just automate balls and strike calls and be done with it. The technology should be easy and quick at this point - we get automatic feedback as viewers, so how hard can it be to implement.

Get rid of all the pitch framing nonsense, Angel Hernandez calling balls and strikes, and whatever else you can think of.

Just automate balls and strike calls and be done with it. The technology should be easy and quick at this point - we get automatic feedback as viewers, so how hard can it be to implement.

Get rid of all the pitch framing nonsense, Angel Hernandez calling balls and strikes, and whatever else you can think of.

I have no problem with what you posted. The plate ump who did the 10 inning NYY-TB game on Saturday was a monument to both inaccuracy and inconsistency. To be fair, I only saw the last 3 innings, but he was wildly erratic. Also just wanted to mention, however, that I saw Hernandez get reversed at least twice in the same game at 1st base last year (or was it 2022?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom