2nd annual College Draft | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2nd annual College Draft

i basically found the west coast useless for this exercise. i mean why bother? your pod is still going to have to cross the country at some point and for all other sports but football, its quite stupid. and even football is basically useless.

-myavg attendence is 67k.
-4 in the top 10.
-im 7-6 in BCS TITLE games.
-college football crazy states are a priority
-im all over the hottest beds for recruiting in the country.
-travel kept to a minimal. recruits from the farthest out-posts may attend each others schools without it looking totally ridiculous.
-all state schools with huge budgets but 2. and those 2 represent the best hoop team in the country for the last 30 years (4x champion) and one of the best football teams (5x champion), who is also in a prime location.
-no duds. all bcs level teams now and ALL viewers will have thumbs on the clicker finding them.
-Atlanta will be league Headquarters

cant believe nobody drafted jersey and new england.

Mark
1. (1)- Texas- Big XII
2. (8)- Southern California- Pac-12
3. (9)- Texas A&M- SEC
4. (16)- North Carolina- ACC
5. (17)- Arizona State-Pac-12
6. (24)- Kentucky- SEC
7. (25)- Arkansas- SEC
8. (32)- Virginia Tech- ACC
9. (33)- California-Berkley- Pac-12
10. (40)- Missouri- SEC
11.(41)- Illinois- B1G
12.(48)- Kansas- Big XII
13.(49)- Arizona- Pac-12
14.(56)- NC State- ACC
15.(57)- TCU- Big XII
16.(64) Ole Miss- SEC

Bees
1. (2)- Notre Dame- Independent/ACC
2. (7)- Michigan- B1G
3. (10)- LSU-SEC
4. (15)- Oregon- Pac-12
5. (18)- Auburn- SEC
6. (23)- Nebraska- B1G
7. (26)- Michigan State- B1G
8. (31)- Oklahoma State- Big XII
9. (34)- Washington- Pac-12
10. (39)- Kansas State- Big XII
11. (42)- Indiana- B1G
12.(47)- Mississippi Sate- SEC
13.(50) Vanderbilt- SEC
14.(55) Colorado- Pac-12
15.(58) Utah- Pac-12
16.(63) Iowa State- Big XII
Commissioner: Jim Delany

Kaiser
1. (3)- Alabama- SEC
2. (6)- Ohio State- B1G
3. (11)- Oklahoma- Big XII
4. (14)- Georgia- SEC
5. (19)- Wisconsin- B1G
6. (22)- Tennessee- SEC
7. (27)- South Carolina- SEC
8. (30)- Virginia- ACC
9. (35)- Iowa- B1G
10. (38)- Miami(Fl)- ACC
11. (43)- Purdue- B1G
12.(46) West Virginia- Big XII
13.(51) Minnesota- B1G
14.(54) Texas Tech- Big XII
15.(59) Pittsburgh- ACC
16.(62) Duke- ACC
Commissioner: Mike Slive

Arb
1. (4)- Florida- SEC
2. (5)- Florida State- ACC
3. (12)- UCLA- Pac-12
4. (13)- Stanford- Pac-12
5. (20)- Penn State B1G
6. (21)- Louisville- ACC
7. (28)-BYU- Independent
8. (29)-Clemson- ACC
9. (36)- Maryland-B1G
10. (37)-UNLV- MWC
11. (44) Syracuse- ACC
12.(45) Georgia Tech- ACC
13.(52) Oregon State- Pac-12
14.(53) Washington State Pac-12
15.(60) Boise State- MWC
16.(61) San Diego State- MWC

More analysis the SEC had 10 of the first 32 teams selected followed by 6 picks from the B1G, 6 picks(not including Notre Dame) from the ACC, 5 picks from the Pac-12, the 3 picks from the Big XII, and two Independents BYU and Notre Dame. That just shows the strength of SEC football is real and is a pretty good illustrator of where the conferences rank nationally in terms of annual payouts. The ACC/B1G/Pac-12 needs its middle class to rise back up to challenge the superiority of the SEC.

The future of conferences look here of the first 32 teams selected
1. SEC 10 of 14- is developing a network
2. B1G 6 of 14- has the current best network
3. Pac-12 5 of 14- has a network
4. ACC 6 of 14- is developing a network
5. Big XII 3 of 10- Texas has a network and the other 9 are on their own.
Notre Dame has NBC and BYU has ESPN for all their home games along with BYU tv and the NBCSN for ND.

Hate to be a stickler...but if this is for 2013/2014, then shouldn't Louisville still be considered AAC?

Look at Arb's selections...a few high points that should be noted:
1. Average football attendance is 53,781
--5 teams top 25 in attendance: Penn State, Florida, Fl.State, Clemson, BYU
--Football revenue average: $68,000,000
2. College Football '13 results
-BCS record: 3-1 wins: FSU, Stanford, Louisville, (Fl lost to Louisville)
-12 bowl teams with record: (8 wins and 4 losses)
3. 7 teams in the NCAA March Madness
--Two teams in final 4
--national champion
--Bball revenue top 40 include: Louisville, 'Cuse, UCLA, UNLV and Maryland
--21 of top 125 revenue generating bball programs
4. Academics: Average rank of 72
5. Covers East: Middle Atlantic and South bringing in states of NY, Florida, Georgia, KY, Maryland, and Phil and West: Calif, Wash, Oregon, Nevada, Idaho
5. Travel within Pods tight...so that fans of each university can travel easily to games

Conferences and Pods
Conference E-S
East
Syracuse, Penn State, Maryland, Louisville
South
Florida, FSU, Clemson, Georgia Tech

Conference Far West-West
Far West
UCLA, Stanford, Oregon State, Washington St
West
BYU, Boise St, UNLV, San Diego State

Football: Each conference will play 7 games against conference teams and will host 1 game from other conference and travel 1 game for football.
Championship Game will pit the winner of each conference winner

Bball: Each team play 1 game against two division teams from other conference
Championship will be determined by all teams playing in Chicago (conference to provide travel stipend for each team).

Importantly, these universities represent THE Flagship School in their state:
Syracuse, Maryland, Penn State, Florida/FSU, UNLV, BYU, Louisville...
and would be considered Co-flagship in their states: Clemson, Georgia Tech, UCLA/Stanford, Oregon St, Washington St, Boise St...

The "flagship" status is an important criteria. That will be near the top of my evaluation.

Hate to be a stickler...but if this is for 2013/2014, then shouldn't Louisville still be considered AAC?
Yeah, they are this year, but Charlie Strong was at the ACC meetings yesterday and I consider them under the ACC umbrella like I am counting Maryland as a B1G.

Yeah, they are this year, but Charlie Strong was at the ACC meetings yesterday and I consider them under the ACC umbrella like I am counting Maryland as a B1G.

Ahhh...ok...and didn't realize that someone actually picked Maryland...yikes!!

The "flagship" status is an important criteria. That will be near the top of my evaluation.

Rutgirls is the flagship school of NJ. UConn is the flagship school of Connecticut.

Sent using my Commodore 64

agree with Kaizer here - current 'profitability' is pretty meaningless as it is based on the current conference affiliation and their TV deals - which wouldn't necessarily be the case in their new conference if they're not benefiting from the nearby top teams. For instance - Purdue gets Big10 $ thanks to being in a league with UM, OSU, Wisky, PSU - but without the value they get from simply being aligned with those top programs they aren't worth squat - no one would care about them in any revenue sport.
Maybe a follow-up evaluation of how teams rank financially within their current conference would help determine which teams are driving revenue and which are feeders. It would filter out the total $ generated by and split among the conference and focus on which schools are making the most of the windfall or their own side deals.

Current profitability is more meaningful than pure speculation of something we will never be able to find out. Its not just who they are associated with now either. Otherwise every team in a conference would br profitable. Also, how valuable a team is reflects the big boys who would be valuablefootball regardless of who they would be with.

Sent using my Commodore 64
bees is nervous because he has 7, non-flagship schools.

plus 2 of his flagships are utah and colorado.

more people watch espn, the b1g network, fox etc in my old apt building...than everyone in those states combined.

and HE'S making fun of jersey and ct??? :rolling:

Big Bee's Conference

Eastern Division

Lakes Pod
Notre Dame
Michigan
Michigan St
Indiana

Gulf Pod
LSU
Auburn
Miss St
Vanderbilt

Western Division

Plains Pod
Nebraska
Okie St
Kansas St
Iowa St

Coastal Pod
Oregon
Washington
Colorado
Utah

Football: Play everyone in your division once (7 games) and on a rotating basis 2 teams from the other division (2 games). Total 9 football games. Conference Championship games between the 2 division winners.

Basketball: Play everyone in your division twice (14 games) and everyone in one of the other divisions pods (4 games) rotating pods each year. All 16 teams make BBT.

Notes:
- 8 of the top 20 in football attendance (40%).
- Average attendance of 68,400. (15K more than Arb. Only 4 of my teams ave less than his average because we are in football crazy locations)
- Rabid fanbases in locations where football is a religion.
- According to Forbes valuation of football programs, 8 of the top 20 most valuable programs (40%).
- All 16 athletic programs were in the black. Including 3 of the top 4 and 6 of the top 10.
- 13 of 16 teams played in a bowl last year
- 14 of 16 schools are the flagship or co-flagship school of their state (Arb is going to have to define that since he is all over the board with it)
- Teams within Pods are geographically very close with many contigeous states.
- 8 of the top 30 schools in marketing sales including 3 of the top 5.

bees is nervous because he has 7, non-flagship schools.

plus 2 of his flagships are utah and colorado.

more people watch espn, the b1g network, fox etc in my old apt building...than everyone in those states combined.

and HE'S making fun of jersey and ct??? :rolling:

actually using arbs frail definition, i have 14 of 16 flagships or co-flagships. you mock utah and colorado but both a better choices than your 13th round pick of minny. they lose money and yet are in the b10. talk about feeding off the teet. just because minnesota the name resonates more with people, doesn't make it better. besides, nobody wantws to travel there. it is cold as hell and they get 30ft ice tsunamis.

My analysis looking at things important such as fanbases, attendance, profitability, program value, competetiveness, geography, etc, I can't decide between Kaiser and myself. I have Mark at 3 and Arb at 4.

my rankings:

1. Kaizer - easily best football, teams not flung across 4 timezones, enough hoops to not be horrible like current SEC
2. TexanMark - very close between TM & Bees, but while football was a toss-up, TM had better hoops
3. Bees - like TM put together a very solid football line-up, if ND can remain in the national title hunt every year and Michigan can ever catch up to OSU he might be able to move up to the #2 line

4. Arb - two solid eastern pods IF Louisville can continue their climb, Clemson can win some big games and PSU can ever rebound to their former status/reputation. The western half of this conference wouldn't even be interesting to the fans or teams of the eastern half of the conference - what a mess.

My analysis looking at things important such as fanbases, attendance, profitability, program value, competetiveness, geography, etc, I can't decide between Kaiser and myself. I have Mark at 3 and Arb at 4.
Bees, suggest you stop your PR drive...I will not defend TM nor myself...but take a good look again...you may feel a bit differently.

i told you why i think minnesota $$ is on the rise.

plus, they have a 3rd $$$ making sport. they avg 10k for 22 home hockey games.

cold & ice?? sounds like football weather.

you got a lot of desolate destinations in there too.

Maybe a follow-up evaluation of how teams rank financially within their current conference would help determine which teams are driving revenue and which are feeders. It would filter out the total $ generated by and split among the conference and focus on which schools are making the most of the windfall or their own side deals.

I'm not going to worry about the other but for my team. Only 47 teams made money of the 64 drafted. Including all 16 of mine.

Pac 12 - 1, 3, 4 and 6.
B10 - 1, 4, 7, and 8.
B12 - 2, 3, and 8.
SEC - 2, 6, 7 and 8.
ACC (Notre Dame) - 1

Bees, suggest you stop your PR drive...I will not defend TM nor myself...but take a good look again...you may feel a bit differently.

Looked plenty. Don't need to look anymore. Why such low attendance? Doesn't anyone care about your football programs? Can you also defione flaghip or co-flagship since you tout that? In some cases you use the state school and in others you use the better program and still others you use both. You're all over the place. Lots of money losers in their too. MWC???

Man, it's tough to say whose conference is the best. I'd probably personally lean toward Mark, based in large part on the strength of his late round picks. Getting Kansas, Arizona, NC State that late was impressive.

im with bees, its me & him as top 2. i give myself the nod, not just because, but i think his western pod weighs down his agenda. he shouldve kept hammering me in the south and midwest.

mark has a nice paint job, but underneath, its all woodrot. the body of a lamborgini and the engine of a yugo.

arb, well...thanks for playing. id drop the entire mwc conf and pick up rut, storz, bc and wake and shoot for some east coast TV while touting boston and NYC as travel destinations.

im with bees, its me & him as top 2. i give myself the nod, not just because, but i think his western pod weighs down his agenda. he shouldve kept hammering me in the south and midwest.

mark has a nice paint job, but underneath, its all woodrot. the body of a lamborgini and the engine of a yugo.

arb, well...thanks for playing. id drop the entire mwc conf and pick up rut, storz, bc and wake and shoot for some east coast TV while touting boston and NYC as travel destinations.

yea mark put lipstick on some pigs. some people are looking at "names".

Your conference starts out strong but finishes weak.

Kaiser
1. (3)- Alabama The Giant in FB
2. (6)- Ohio State Rising Back Under Meyer, VG hoops
3. (11)- Oklahoma Great Strong Traditional Pick
4. (14)- Georgia Redneck Fanbase in Jorts/Coach is a nice guy but usually loses the big ones
5. (19)- Wisconsin Just lost their coach
6. (22)- Tennessee Faded Glory, will Cincy Coach bring them back...probably
7. (27)- South Carolina All Hat, No Cattle
8. (30)- Virginia Plays like the French does Wars
9. (35)- Iowa Cornfields and farmers, won nothing lately
10. (38)- Miami(Fl) Sonny Crockett called he wants his jacket back
11. (43)- Purdue I draw a blank here...like everyone else in America
12.(46) West Virginia s on moonshine and meth
13.(51) Minnesota You Betcha They suck
14.(54) Texas Tech 3rd rate school in the middle of nowhere Lubbock.
15.(59) Pittsburgh Underachievers in all sports
16.(62) Duke FB up...might get 15k Duke fans in the stadium, yeah!!!
Commissioner: Mike Slive

Big Bee's Conference

Eastern Division

Lakes Pod
Notre Dame
Michigan
Michigan St
Indiana

Gulf Pod
LSU
Auburn
Miss St
Vanderbilt

Western Division

Plains Pod
Nebraska
Okie St
Kansas St
Iowa St

Coastal Pod
Oregon
Washington
Colorado
Utah

Football: Play everyone in your division once (7 games) and on a rotating basis 2 teams from the other division (2 games). Total 9 football games. Conference Championship games between the 2 division winners.

Basketball: Play everyone in your division twice (14 games) and everyone in one of the other divisions pods (4 games) rotating pods each year. All 16 teams make BBT.

Notes:
- 8 of the top 20 in football attendance (40%).
- Average attendance of 68,400. (15K more than Arb. Only 4 of my teams ave less than his average because we are in football crazy locations)
- Rabid fanbases in locations where football is a religion.
- According to Forbes valuation of football programs, 8 of the top 20 most valuable programs (40%).
- All 16 athletic programs were in the black. Including 3 of the top 4 and 6 of the top 10.
- 13 of 16 teams played in a bowl last year
- 14 of 16 schools are the flagship or co-flagship school of their state (Arb is going to have to define that since he is all over the board with it)
- Teams within Pods are geographically very close with many contigeous states.
- 8 of the top 30 schools in marketing sales including 3 of the top 5.

Third line for me...

Biggest complaint is who are you recruiting? No California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Ohio.

For television your media markets are non-existent. No East Coast interest outside of Notre Dame (if they will even sign their rights over) and even West Coast interest is limited if any.

Lakes Pod is your only hope in basketball.

I picked Mark simply because if I had four televisions on for basketball/football with random matchups it is his conference I would stay tuned on more often than not. Rivalries made sense, not much loose change (Vanderbilt, Colorado, Utah?). Basketball is a TKO to all others with Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina...even though they are drains in football they make up with basketball. Solid all around which is what the other tree conferences lack in looking at raw attendance numbers or flagships.