2nd hand NIL via Babers | Syracusefan.com

2nd hand NIL via Babers

yeah things like that are crazy in many ways.. Its too bad the NIL couldnt have been restructured so that people could give 6mill but it went to more than one person.. Like 10-25% goes towards your player of choice and the rest goes into a pot to spread across the sport players. with that type of money sure the top get nice bucks but in the end every player would get a little as well.

Person in my networking group is friendly with Babers. She asked how NIL was impacting recruiting. He told her that the “top” FB recruit allegedly receiving $6M in NIL deal. Wow.
No pressure, right? Wonder how these kids will deal with failing to deliver after being paid so much, as many surely will.

yeah things like that are crazy in many ways.. Its too bad the NIL couldnt have been restructured so that people could give 6mill but it went to more than one person.. Like 10-25% goes towards your player of choice and the rest goes into a pot to spread across the sport players. with that type of money sure the top get nice bucks but in the end every player would get a little as well.
I don't think there's any reason why that couldn't happen now if whoever is paying wanted.

Eventually this will settle down, I think. Just like NFL first round picks getting absolutely massive contracts before the wage scale, it was far too high risk with too many crippling misses. It will eventually find its level.

Some folks are going to lose a lot of money here. Performance better match payout, or the cash flow is going to stop - and I mean abruptly.

No pressure, right? Wonder how these kids will deal with failing to deliver after being paid so much, as many surely will.
In theory it's not supposed to be tied to performance in any way, but none of us are that naïve are we?

if one person is paying 1 kid that much. how long can you sustain that amount of money. even if you have a couple hundred million in loose cash if you are paying for 1 kid are you not paying for several?

Person in my networking group is friendly with Babers. She asked how NIL was impacting recruiting. He told her that the “top” FB recruit allegedly receiving $6M in NIL deal. Wow.
I don't think these players are suddenly taking pay cuts either. It's just above the table now.

Imagine NIL was around in the early 2000s, someone would have paid Cecil the Diesel a couple mil. not us, but someone would have

They have to provide services for that. Commercials, endorsements, appearances, etc. They can’t just be given money.
If they want more NIL money, they need to be more impactful players or better prospects.
JB doesn’t give his NIL money to the softball and track coach.

I don't think these players are suddenly taking pay cuts either. It's just above the table now.
This.

It’s more clear where we stand because it’s out in the open. Which is depressing but at least we know the score

They have to provide services for that. Commercials, endorsements, appearances, etc. They can’t just be given money.
If they want more NIL money, they need to be more impactful players or better prospects.
JB doesn’t give his NIL money to the softball and track coach.
thats the point its been created in a way to actually reward the kids who already have the best chance to earn money later anyway.

This.

It’s more clear where we stand because it’s out in the open. Which is depressing but at least we know the score
It explains a lot over the years.

When hearing about what was best for a player’s “brand” the reality is that this was likely going on behind the scenes.

Theoretically, any NIL deal isn’t contingent upon the player attending a certain school. We all knew that it would work this way. But, to me, it is alarming how open boosters are about flaunting their influence in getting players to go to their schools. The NCAA has to find a way to allow the players to make money without the obvious recruiting violations.