3-0 and what remains | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

3-0 and what remains

This is where I am, too. This past week was BC's super bowl and FSU looked like walking zombies.

I think 8 wins is probably right assuming no more major injuries, but I think BC is in the win column. Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if we nip Clemson or UNC and then trip up against a VT/Pitt/GT later in the year.
Yup. They always rise up and play well during red bandana game

Anyone else feel like if they click on all cylinders (stay healthy and catch passes and D continues to do what they do) that they can go undefeated? Am I the only insane person that believes that bc I truly do. There was prob 14 points dropped in the Purdue game. And other than maybe fSU giving them a serious problem, I truly think Syracuse is the better team of all the other games. I’ve watched every game of every acc opponent and that’s my real belief
I agree. Obviously we will need to play clean. If we can limit penalties and turnovers. We can beat every remaining team on the schedule. Field position is critical for us as i dont see many teams sustaining long drives against our D.
If we get More and Elis back the run game will improve.
Our coaching staff is excellent, lots of good leadership, kids are pulling for each other. Cuse is as solid as we have been in a very long time.

Anyone else feel like if they click on all cylinders (stay healthy and catch passes and D continues to do what they do) that they can go undefeated? Am I the only insane person that believes that bc I truly do. There was prob 14 points dropped in the Purdue game. And other than maybe fSU giving them a serious problem, I truly think Syracuse is the better team of all the other games. I’ve watched every game of every acc opponent and that’s my real belief
More injuries are going to happen. Only 3 games in and our best receive is gone, 2 of our best players. Seems to be a regularly recurring problem at SU, and you wonder what is going on in the S&C program.

Shredder cannot do it all. Maybe he will prove me wrong. He could get injured, it happened last year, and he was rubbing his forearm / elbow in this past game.

No depth at RB. There is like 1 dude with carries.

Receivers do not suddenly start to catch. I mean, in the offseason, people do get better, but I think only in Hollywood does a bad receiver suddenly become a good receiver. We shall see. Need someone to step up and take advantage of the huge opportunity there.

To me, a 3 loss season is the orange colored glasses threshold, but I hope to be proven wrong.

More injuries are going to happen. Only 3 games in and our best receive is gone, 2 of our best players. Seems to be a regularly recurring problem at SU, and you wonder what is going on in the S&C program.

Shredder cannot do it all. Maybe he will prove me wrong. He could get injured, it happened last year, and he was rubbing his forearm / elbow in this past game.

Receivers do not suddenly start to catch. I mean, in the offseason, people do get better, but I think only in Hollywood does a bad receiver suddenly become a good receiver. We shall see. Need someone to step up and take advantage of the huge opportunity there.

To me, a 3 loss season is the orange colored glasses threshold, but I hope to be proven wrong.

They hadn’t dropped passes in the first two games. Except for Alford wide open in the end zone

I’m going to chalk a lot of those dropped passes up to the first prime time game, on national television

A lot of nerves out there on that field last Saturday

Wrong about RB- I have confidence in both Price and Daniels

Wrong about receivers. We were lauding them just 2 games ago.

Take off the Dark, Dark sunglasses.

I think Clemson is better than they're getting credit for. I won't be remotely surprised if they beat FSU.

Huge drop from Clemson to UNC.

Even bigger drop from UNC and the teams below it.
I agree on this but really hope I'm wrong. I don't think Clemson isn't done, they are just coming back to earth and learning adversity eventually impacts all teams. The coaching changes, NIL issues and portal perspective will all balance out for them. They have too many freak athletes and Will Shipley, will he just graduate already, to just roll over.

Remember how beat up we were coming off of last year's Clemson's game, heading into ND?

That's what I'm hoping Clemson is like in two weeks, after getting beat up by FSU the week before.

We're going to be beat up after Clemson too. They want Shrader to run the ball in the first half, and they want to give him a beating so he's either out or ineffective by the 2nd half.

I agree on this but really hope I'm wrong. I don't think Clemson isn't done, they are just coming back to earth and learning adversity eventually impacts all teams. The coaching changes, NIL issues and portal perspective will all balance out for them. They have too many freak athletes and Will Shipley, will he just graduate already, to just roll over.
I think we're getting them at the best possible time. We should have a fairly routine game against Army. They're going to give everything they have to beat FSU. They'll either win and get banged up and maybe have a bit of a crash against us. Or they'll lose and they could be demoralized a bit.

Alternatively we're getting them at the worst possible time. They win and they forget all about Duke and get back to being Clemson and go undefeated the rest of the year. Or they lose and they have a kumbaya meeting and get it together just in time for us.

I like to play both sides so I'm always right.

There are no freak athletes on that team. They may have four stars, but they're not blowing anyone away at this level. The only easy game they have on their schedule is Georgia Tech. Everyone else has dogs on the other side of the ball.

To the point about coaching changes, NIL and portal, that's to be seen. The latter two have been in play for a couple of seasons now and Dabo refuses to adapt. If he does it again or strikes out attempting to do follow the trend, he's in trouble.

Best players get hurt the most because they are in the middle of the most plays in a violent sport.

You look at this and think
Clemson loses to Duke/FSU/SU 3 losses
SU loses to FSU/UNC 2 losses
FSU let them run the table
Miami loses to Clem/FSU 2 losses
Lou loses to Duke/Miami 2 losses
Pitt loses to UNC/SU/FSU/Duke 4 losses
wake loses to Clemson/SU/FSU 3 losses
Duke loses to FSU/UNC 2 losses
UNC loses to Miami/clemson 2 losses

how does this tie breaker work again?

FSU
5 way tie for 2nd
clemson 7th
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here is the ACC football championship tiebreaker policy. Plan accordingly <a href="https://t.co/VPMntW0Opt">pic.twitter.com/VPMntW0Opt</a></p>&mdash; Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) <a href="">May 17, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So in theory you could get a multi team tie where 1 team plays none of the others and the winning percentage would zero and 1 team plays several.

Beating a bad VT team on the road coming off a bye will determine the season.

I can't believe the breaks Clemson is catching getting us at noon vs at night and Pitt not having to play is in the Dome for a game that easily could have been a sellout assuming the season is going well at that point.

I could see us going 0-3 vs Clemson UNC and FSU but all 3 games being extremely close. Would love to pull out 2 of them. I'm sure we'll play well 2 of them logic tells me one game gets ugly.

I think this WR group has more talent than what we've seen on previous teams. Glad the next 2 games are at home and we can get them rolling. I don't think our QB is going to be able to bulldoze his way into the endzone during ACC play when a WR drops a drive killing catchable ball though. I do think these guys can actually give us YAC and make plays once they secure a catch which in the past some our players haven't been able to do.

We're going to be beat up after Clemson too. They want Shrader to run the ball in the first half, and they want to give him a beating so he's either out or ineffective by the 2nd half.

Probably. But they'll have that tougher game first, so I'm hoping that THEY are beat up coming into our game, and that offers whatever slight advantage it might.

Purdue was the first sort of milestone for determining how the season could play out paired with injuries. We passed getting through Purdue week at 3-0 but unfortunately have the injury bug hurting us in a big way too both new injuries and lingering ones.

Clemson is the next major milestone but each week the injury front matters too. Can we get more healthy vs less? Or at minimum keep the status quo? Lots to play out.

Heading into UNC I think we will have a solid feel of how things will shake out. Right now just very difficult to be confident one way or another.

Purdue was the first sort of milestone for determining how the season could play out paired with injuries. We passed getting through Purdue week at 3-0 but unfortunately have the injury bug hurting us in a big way too both new injuries and lingering ones.

Clemson is the next major milestone but each week the injury front matters too. Can we get more healthy vs less? Or at minimum keep the status quo? Lots to play out.

Heading into UNC I think we will have a solid feel of how things will shake out. Right now just very difficult to be confident one way or another.
Or, if we can't get healthier, can guys develop into meaningful roles in-season to make for a stronger team.

Certainly don't want to sustain any key injuries against Army.

Hope we score early, play from ahead, and get lots of subs into the game.

And hopefully we also start getting some players BACK from injury [i.e., More, Ellis, Pena, etc.].

CDRW is just as athletic if not more so than GS. Crazy eyes doesn't fare well when he has to make something out of nothing, so let's give him designed runs vs Clemson and FSU. It worked with Womack.

Then, at halftime those teams will catch on, so 2nd half we have CDRW start throwing the ball when they start crashing down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom