3/3/2015 Fifth Day Spring Practice | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

3/3/2015 Fifth Day Spring Practice

I love the fact that Lester is talking about having two running backs, not four. It sounds like he and McDonald had nothing in common from an offensive strategic mindset. That must have been an interesting work environment.

I love the fact that Lester is talking about having two running backs, not four. It sounds like he and McDonald had nothing in common from an offensive strategic mindset. That must have been an interesting work environment.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that.

There was an interview with Cornelius yesterday asking about the difference between McD and Acosta. Alvin was careful with his answers but there was one quote I found interesting. He said Acosta is more of a technique guy while McD just wanted you to get the job done. College guys, especially the kids SU gets, need technique work to improve. I am so glad we have Acosta. If the WR improve and he continues to recruit NJ he deserves a huge pay raise.

Dmcnabbrules said:
There was an interview with Cornelius yesterday asking about the difference between McD and Acosta. Alvin was careful with his answers but there was one quote I found interesting. He said Acosta is more of a technique guy while McD just wanted you to get the job done. College guys, especially the kids SU gets, need technique work to improve. I am so glad we have Acosta. If the WR improve and he continues to recruit NJ he deserves a huge pay raise.

Agreed. Great WR's are the right mix of talent and technique. Talent is not enough for 90% of guys.