Men's Soccer - (3) SU 2 vs (13) Indiana 2 (PK's 7-6): Mon Dec 12, 6 PM [NCAA National Championship] | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer (3) SU 2 vs (13) Indiana 2 (PK's 7-6): Mon Dec 12, 6 PM [NCAA National Championship]

Indiana is dangerous going down the left side and on set pieces. Otherwise they are relying on mistakes and getting behind the D. SU has far more to work with in attack. The IU d is not that impressive to me at all. They lack pace, their marking on crosses is pretty poor at times honestly and their center backs really struggle with pressure and service. If SU can get a third goal we are cooking and I expect they will.

I liked the late half sub patterns. It broke up the game and really stopped IU from generating chaos like they did on their first goal. Also Sarver looked a little gassed by halftime. That's big because they rely so much on that pace. We can do this. Let's get it.

So how do subs work in college? In the pros, once you're subbed out, you're out for good and you can only make like 5 subs in a game. It sounds like this is not the case in college?
A little late here but, if you were subbed out in half 1, you CAN re-enter in half 2. If you are subbed out in half 2, you are done for the match.

Refs are killing us.

They weren't good after the first goal but have done a nice job since IU equalized. IU had a couple fouls and easily at least one yellow that weren't called after that first goal. I would expect to see IU go for it and see what they can get away with in the second half. I would.

Am I crazy, or do the announcers seem to LOVE Indiana soccer? Like man crush love?
Yeah, see my comments from the Creighton game. NCAA soccer has been IU and UVA for years. You're either a Big 10 Homer or an ACC Homer. In most eyes, we fit neither.

Sure did. Win this one and we will get some more respect. All that said, Dalen has been an ass towards SU at times in any sport he has called.
Yeah. Dalen on the ACC network radio shows HATES our programs. It’s weird.

They weren't good after the first goal but have done a nice job since IU equalized. IU had a couple fouls and easily at least one yellow that weren't called after that first goal. I would expect to see IU go for it and see what they can get away with in the second half. I would.

I’m actually not watching so I have no idea, but usually if you say that you can’t go wrong…

I think we pound in two more goals. IU hasn't given up a goal in weeks and hasn't needed to attack their ass of in about a month. They aren't built that way. They're flucked.

Too many cooks in the kitchen.
images

Indiana is dangerous going down the left side and on set pieces. Otherwise they are relying on mistakes and getting behind the D. SU has far more to work with in attack. The IU d is not that impressive to me at all. They lack pace, their marking on crosses is pretty poor at times honestly and their center backs really struggle with pressure and service. If SU can get a third goal we are cooking and I expect they will.

I liked the late half sub patterns. It broke up the game and really stopped IU from generating chaos like they did on their first goal. Also Sarver looked a little gassed by halftime. That's big because they rely so much on that pace. We can do this. Let's get it.
Agree 100%….( I have no idea….lol)

Syracuse substitution: Leibold,Giona for Rauch,Julius. [45:00]
Syracuse substitution: Johnson,Levonte for Calov,Curt.
Syracuse substitution: Boselli,Lorenzo for Biros,Colin.
Syracuse substitution: Opoku,Nathan for Holbrook,Camden.
Syracuse substitution: Singelmann,Noah for Glenn,Jackson.

Yeah. Dalen on the ACC network radio shows HATES our programs. It’s weird.

It's absurd. Not sure what we did to him. Maybe never recruited him in hoops? Or maybe he is a Hoya fan?

A little late here but, if you were subbed out in half 1, you CAN re-enter in half 2. If you are subbed out in half 2, you are done for the match.
so why did the crieghton kid get subbed out and come back in last game in the 2nd half?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom