Men's Soccer - (3) SU 3 vs Creighton 2: Fri Dec 9, 6 PM [NCAA Final Four] | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer (3) SU 3 vs Creighton 2: Fri Dec 9, 6 PM [NCAA Final Four]

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
(3) Syracuse vs Creighton
Friday, December 9, 2022 | 6:00 p.m.
NCAA Final Four
Cary, NC

TV: ESPNU

Last edited:
We're at the WRAL site tomorrow in Raleigh to watch our grandson in the boys college showcase. Their team gets to go to the semis that night. Tics are sold out, but if anyone has two extra to sell let us know.

I went to school at one of the truly great high school soccer programs in the nation. My Jr year in high school, we had maybe the best player in the country. He became a 2 time first team All_American in college and was second in the Herrman voting his sr year. 11 years later, a friend of mine's son was a really good player. I called Alden Shattuck the Syracuse soccer coach and after watching Greg, offered him a ship to Syracuse. Greg still holds the single season scoring record for the Orange. He was drafted in the msl and I'm not saying that it had anything to do with him being the last cut, but I represented him with the team he was drafted by. Greg went back to Ludlow high and has been the soccer coach for the last 13 years or so. Maybe more. He added to our D-1 state championship list by winning 4 or 5 more. Bringing the total to an incredible 18. Greg planed on being in North Carolina tonight. Earlier this week, Greg, at the age of 55, had a massive heart attack. He is alive but has a long road ahead of him. Keep Greg in your thoughts tonight as you watch the Orange.

I went to school at one of the truly great high school soccer programs in the nation. My Jr year in high school, we had maybe the best player in the country. He became a 2 time first team All_American in college and was second in the Herrman voting his sr year. 11 years later, a friend of mine's son was a really good player. I called Alden Shattuck the Syracuse soccer coach and after watching Greg, offered him a ship to Syracuse. Greg still holds the single season scoring record for the Orange. He was drafted in the msl and I'm not saying that it had anything to do with him being the last cut, but I represented him with the team he was drafted by. Greg went back to Ludlow high and has been the soccer coach for the last 13 years or so. Maybe more. He added to our D-1 state championship list by winning 4 or 5 more. Bringing the total to an incredible 18. Greg planed on being in North Carolina tonight. Earlier this week, Greg, at the age of 55, had a massive heart attack. He is alive but has a long road ahead of him. Keep Greg in your thoughts tonight as you watch the Orange.
Get well soon Greg.

Also…on the subject of Ludlow….

I used to drive from CNY to Salem, NH regularly for work. At least once a month, for a long time back and forth each week.

Often drove with my team. Our favorite landmark on the Mass Turnpike was Ludlow.

I don’t think we ever stopped there. Though it looked like a good place to get something to eat.

The thing we liked about it was that there was a daily farm bordering the turnpike, just north of it, very close to what appeared to be the main drag of Ludlow. And there were cows out there, hanging out, almost every time we drove by. ‘We are getting close to Ludlow…the place with the cows’ was something that was often said going to and coming from Salem.

Thought you would like to know how some people from CNY saw Ludlow.

Hope your knee is better. Hope Greg recovers quickly. Hope Syracuse wins tonight.

Last edited:
The one time I watch we are getting shelled! It’s a miracle creighton has not scored that is the update

Injury to Syracuse Nathan Opoku, player has left the pitch [16:42]

It's soccer.

There won't be an update until someone scores.

Which could be an hour from now.
Haha. Good point. I’m out to dinner and need some good OX material throughout the evening

Injured player for Syracuse Nathan Opoku, has returned [17:03]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom