33-33 and 38-34 were the halftime scores against unc this year | Syracusefan.com

33-33 and 38-34 were the halftime scores against unc this year

cusetown1

Taxi Squad
in the first game there were 17 lead changes, we were up 6 with 7 to go and they proceeded to hit 12-13 shots. We out rebounded them in that. The stats in the second game were also extremely close between us and them. With a chance to tie it up on senior day in the last minute. . Contrary what the media wants you to believe these teams are very evenly matched. This game is going to be a good one. I just can't see us losing 3 times in a row to a 2nd team this year.

in the first game there were 17 lead changes, we were up 6 with 7 to go and they proceeded to hit 12-13 shots. We out rebounded them in that. The stats in the second game were also extremely close between us and them. With a chance to tie it up on senior day in the last minute. . Contrary what the media wants you to believe these teams are very evenly matched. This game is going to be a good one. I just can't see us losing 3 times in a row to a 2nd team this year.
Your avatar...are you some sort of mind reader?
I just posted this without seeing your avatar. (Btw, the caddy's expression when Chubbs comes up to him at the end of the clip is perfection).
I am. Officially. Freaked out!
http://www.syracusefan.com/threads/grant-mullins-grad-transfer.103320/#post-1720297

If we can play them even in the first half like in the earlier games, our recent 2nd half charges should make it a very interesting game. Syracuse has played UNC tough all year and expect this 3rd time to be the same. Johnson can give us real problems from the foul line to the basket but hopefully we can minimize his damage. Must clean the boards and shut down the three point shots and count on one of our outside shooters getting hot.

I love how these talking heads act that because we're a 10 seed our talent on the team is poopoo. We have nothing but 4 and 5* players. The talent difference between us and any team in the country is minimal, it is just some of our players are young.

I love how these talking heads act that because we're a 10 seed our talent on the team is poopoo. We have nothing but 4 and 5* players. The talent difference between us and any team in the country is minimal, it is just some of our players are young.

And they are completely discounting/ignoring JB's pwnage of Ol' Roy in the Tournament. ;)

We were down 3, with the ball, on Senior Night in the Dean Dome, with < :30 seconds left in the game...
... but they're going to beat us by 10 or more in a neutral site tournament game? :noidea:

That might have been G's worst game of the regular season - he turned it over 7 times, and shot 1-6 from 3.
Trev was 2-7, Mali 1-4 with 4 TO's. 5-20 from 3 overall.

Yes - IF they all shoot that poorly again, AND we turn it over a ton, we're probably not gonna win.
But - what are the chances we're that cold from 3 again?
We've gone 8/22, 8/20, 5/15, and 6/18 from 3 so far in the NCAA's.
I'd wager Dayton, Zaga, and UVA are all much better defensive teams than UNC.

Defense...and get our shooting percentage above 40%, and I think we have a great chance.

UNC has looked like a powerhouse, much like UVA did in the postseason because they've had all cylinders firing. Inside guys killing people, BJ and JJ playing great and hitting everything mid-range plus guys who don't shoot the three well lighting it up from beyond the arc.

We've been playing well...in the second half, with one or two guys clicking. It's been our defense that's carried us.

I just have a feeling that UNC is due for a game that they're not firing on all cylinders and we're due for a game that we are.

I don't think anyone can argue that we have the advantage in the coaching department. And in the personnel department there really isn't that much of a difference between their talent and ours. Vegas and the bettors think we're going to get smoked, which is kind of odd.

I think we matchup pretty well against this team, I actually feel better about Unc than I did Uva. If our guys hit shots, and don't get killed on the boards, we have a good shot. Bryce Johnson is going to get his, we have to contain their guards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom