365th | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

365th

Symir
It makes you wonder if he's intentionally misspelling Symir's name... the post above it literally says "Sy".

The real question is WHY would someone misspell a player's name over & over again. Ignorance or intentional?
ryan reynolds hd GIF

This Smir stuff is laughable. He’s one of the worst guards to play here. He can’t shoot and he’s a bad defensive player. Every one always wants to rag on Joe, but for several games he’s been our best player. The last two have been lousy, but tell me if Smir could score ten points in a game with no defense on the floor. Joe has much better vision and is the only player on this team that feeds the post. Smir couldn’t even get minutes at Marquette. He’s not the answer. This team has no answers and we are going to struggle all season.
One of the worst guards to play here and couldn’t play for Marquette yet he makes a great case to play a lot more minutes for this team, that should tell you something about where we are right now.

Not in a lot of ways, but in one critical one: being a PG.

The data doesn’t show that.

The data doesn’t show that.
It kinda does. I’m not a big fan of stats. I think the eye test is enough to question Joe’s efficiency as a PG, but he has a 1.5 assist to turnover ratio compared (and that’s after a 20:7 start after 3 games) to Sy’s, which is greater than 3:1.

It’s been ugly for Joe on that front once the competition jumped a few notches.

The problem is, it’s just not as simple as saying “give Sy Joes minutes”. Over time teams will sag off him and make it even easier to defend Buddy and Cole. And he’s not a good FG shooter, so Joe has to play crunch time.

I think most wish Sy would be allowed to run the chain out a bit more when he’s playing well, especially when Joe is playing like he was again Virginia. It was evident at the first TV timeout that Clark was in his head.

I still think you have to go with Joe, but Sy deserves a longer look when Joe’s in the mumbletank like Saturday.

It kinda does. I’m not a big fan of stats. I think the eye test is enough to question Joe’s efficiency as a PG, but he has a 1.5 assist to turnover ratio compared (and that’s after a 20:7 start after 3 games) to Sy’s, which is greater than 3:1.

It’s been ugly for Joe on that front once the competition jumped a few notches.

The problem is, it’s just not as simple as saying “give Sy Joes minutes”. Over time teams will sag off him and make it even easier to defend Buddy and Cole. And he’s not a good FG shooter, so Joe has to play crunch time.

I think most wish Sy would be allowed to run the chain out a bit more when he’s playing well, especially when Joe is playing like he was again Virginia. It was evident at the first TV timeout that Clark was in his head.

I still think you have to go with Joe, but Sy deserves a longer look when Joe’s in the mumbletank like Saturday.

I’m using the advanced stats that were all the rage. Joes is higher in DBPM, OBPM, BPM, PER, off Win Share, def Win share, and TO%. Sy does have a better Asst%.

I’m using the advanced stats that were all the rage. Joes is higher in DBPM, OBPM, BPM, PER, off Win Share, def Win share, and TO%. Sy does have a better Asst%.
their DBPM is now the same after last game.

So they are now equally bad defenders.

I have no idea what those stats are, I want a PG to protect the ball and set up teammates for good shots.

Joe is not doing this well enough.

But having said all that, it’s nowhere near the top of the list of the problems with his team. If we cannot keep teams off the offensive glass or stop them from hitting three pointers at a record clip, Magic could play point guard and it wouldn’t matter

"All the rage". Those advanced stats are just stats.

And it showed what was clear last year to anyone that didn't have a bias.

And it's showing what's clear to us all this year with how bad this team has been constructed. Congrats on Joe beating out Sy on these stats. That's a feature, not a bug.

BTW, the player-that-shall-not-be-named that you're thinly veiled comment references would be #1 in DBPM and WS/40 and #2 in BPM in players that play on our team with his current stats on his new team.

"All the rage". Those advanced stats are just stats.

And it showed what was clear last year to anyone that didn't have a bias.

And it's showing what's clear to us all this year with how bad this team has been constructed. Congrats on Joe beating out Sy on these stats. That's a feature, not a bug.

BTW, the player-that-shall-not-be-named that you're thinly veiled comment references would be #1 in DBPM and WS/40 and #2 in BPM in players that play on our team with his current stats on his new team.

Of course now they are just stats. As to comparing to a player in another team, it doesn’t compute. Other players and the team has an impact on the numbers. Impossible to compare team to team. Of course a team that is winning a lot has played with good win shares unless they really suck. Everyone in that team has good BPMs too. Like I said last year, it’s not all in a vacuum.

It makes you wonder if he's intentionally misspelling Symir's name... the post above it literally says "Sy".

The real question is WHY would someone misspell a player's name over & over again. Ignorance or intentional?
ryan reynolds hd GIF
Have you been on the football side of the board lately? People still can’t spell our starting QB’s name correctly.

Have you been on the football side of the board lately? People still can’t spell our starting QB’s name correctly.

Who? Schradder? Reminds me of Coach Schaefer.

Only 358 teams play this sport and the day this thread was started we were 223rd in the country in 3P% defense. People just say things on here it’s ridiculous lmao at least have accurate data if you want to use numbers to criticize.

Exactly. The defense works if staffed with the right personnel.
Does it? I don't believe that's the case anymore. Too many kids can hit a three pointer rather easily. It's practiced more than layups now. I will say that the new variation we've rolled us this year has extended the life a bit, and seeing that with actual athletes would be fun. But I just don't believe it's a long term solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom